|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from California.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Full Service Moving |
When relocating, you can hire a moving company to do a full-service move. If you undergo a full-service move, your movers will pack your things up in your old home, load them onto the truck, drive to your new location, unload everything off the truck, and unpack your belongings in your new home. Though full-service moves can be expensive, they can provide for a less stressful move – you can sit back and relax as the movers do all the work!
Weight Requirements for Small Moves |
The great thing about small moving companies is that they do not hold you to a minimum of 2,000 pounds of freight like most large-scale commercial companies. However, some of these small movers do have a weight requirement of a minimum of 100 pounds. Always ask if you aren’t sure.
Dallas Moving Guides and Tips |
One of the biggest cities not only in the Lone Star state of Texas but in the Midwest as well, Dallas is a thriving metropolitan area full of great nightlife, businesses, and attractions that ensure that life in the Big D is never dull. If you're moving to Dallas, this guide will provide you with helpful tips and advice on how to prepare for your upcoming move and what you need to know for when you arrive in Dallas.
Miami Moving Guides and Tips |
The sunshine state is a culturally diverse melting pot and people from all over flock to the sunny, sandy beaches of Miami for a relaxing, laid-back lifestyle that can't be found anywhere else. Prepare yourself for your move to Miami with the helpful tips and advice in this guide, so that you can be ready for anything that comes your way and so that you'll know exactly what to expect when you arrive in your new home in Miami.
International movers should be ... |
The Federal Maritime Commission registers all legal moving companies that ship items overseas. If your international moving company doesn’t have a FMC number, they are operating illegally.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
Best Quality Movers LLC
|I liked the cost that Best Quality Movers quoted so I got them when I had to move from one state to the next. I just told the transport organizer what I needed, what we have, and where we needed to go, and their contractor contacted me later. They did a good job and I enjoyed my experience with them.|
|Review by : Leonard
Posted on : 2/26/2017
|These guys are AWESOME|
CanXpress Moving and Storage
|These guys are AWESOME, We called with very little notice, they came on a Monday and worked extremely hard & fast to get us moved.They were quick, clean and extremely professional. A couch that took an hour to get into my apt, they got out in under 10 minutes which was a HUGE accomplishment.Thanks guys, GREAT WORK!|
|Review by : Aaron
Posted on : 2/24/2017
|Very Honest Movers|
My American Movers
|We are so thrilled with the job these guys did. Fast, careful, and friendly, Honestly, the best movers we have ever had. I highly recommend.|
|Review by : Deforge
Posted on : 2/24/2017
California Moving Companies and CA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a California Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured CA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to California or from CA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable California residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers California has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable California long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or CA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want CA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of California movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of CA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of California at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in California, CA
Beverly Hills, CA
Elk Grove, CA
Garden Grove, CA
La Mesa, CA
La Puente, CA
Lake Forest, CA
Long Beach, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Manhattan Beach, CA
Marina Del Rey
Mountain View, CA
Palm Springs, CA
Palo Alto, CA
Redondo Beach, CA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
San Luis Obispo
San Marcos, CA
San Mateo, CA
San Pedro, CA
|San Rafael, CA|
Santa Clara, CA
Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Maria, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
South Lake Tahoe
Spring Valley, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
West Hollywood, CA
Woodland Hills, CA
Find Other Moving Services near California
Moving to California?
Since the California Gold Rush in 1849, Americans have been moving to California in search of a new start, and sometimes, in search of fame, fortune and everything else that can be found on the golden coast and the star-paved streets of Hollywood.
There are many different reasons to move to California, from its bustling entertainment scene, to the various different industries spread out over the vast state from top to bottom. Many people would say that Silicon Valley, located outside San Francisco, is at the heart of our nation’s technological development, while southern California has a world famous wine region that is home to some of the best vineyards in the country.
If you’re moving to California, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to California
- Being that California is the third largest state in the country in land mass, the state has a several different climate zones. The state spans a majority of the west coast and the climate difference between the southern portion of the state near San Diego and the very northernmost point is substantial. Most of the state has a Mediterranean climate, meaning that it is mostly cool in the winter, with the temperature rarely dropping below 40, and dry and warm in the summer. California has a little bit of everything, ranging from snowy mountains in the Sierra Nevada range in the western portion of the state, to the dry desert conditions of the Mojave in the southwest portion, to the cool, breezy oceanfront climate that comprises much of the coastal region. (Helpful Link: California Weather)
- Registering your Car: In the state of California, your car is required to have a smog check upon registration. Also, upon your arrival in California after moving, you have 20 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: California DMV)
- Obtaining a California Driver’s License: A California Driver’s License can be obtained at any California DMV location. The state requires new California residents to update their license from their previous state to a California driver’s license within 10 days of moving.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in California is $593,031, while the median sales price is just over $452,000. The California Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of California.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the California Public Utilities Commission. (Helpful Link: California State Moving Resource Page)
- Although the public primary school systems throughout much of the state have had recent problems with funding, there is a state amendment that ensures a certain amount of funding per year for all schools grades K-12. California public schools are ranked among the lowest in the country, but there is room for growth. When it comes to secondary education, the state is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the country, such as Stanford University in Palo Alto, the California Institute of Technology, Claremont College, Pepperdine University and the University of Southern California. The state college system in California is two-tiered, meaning that it contains both junior colleges and four-year universities. (Helpful Link: California Schools)
As of 2011, California was ranked 35th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of 35 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of California
The major players in the California economy when it comes to industry are computers and technology, with a large portion of computer component manufacturing occurring in California. The headquarters of tech companies like Apple, Google and Facebook are located in California, among many others. Also, tourism brings in lots of revenue, as does the film industry and the millions of visitors that flock to Hollywood every year.
- In 2011, the state of California had the third highest unemployment rate in the nation at 10.9 percent. Over 57% of male Californians age 16 or over, and 55% of females age 16 or over are employed in the labor force. (Helpful Link: California Labor and Workforce Department)
The median household income in the state of California is $47,493, while the average per capita income for the state is $22,711.
Important Locations in California