|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from California.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Los Angeles Moving Guide and Tips |
The bright lights of Hollywood are what people normally think of when they think of Los Angeles, but the city has so much more to offer, especially if you are thinking of moving there. Whether you're moving for a change of scenery and the warm Southern California sun or because you want to make it big in Hollywood, this guide will give you some helpful tips and advice on what you need to know to be prepared for your move to Los Angeles.
Full Service Moving |
When relocating, you can hire a moving company to do a full-service move. If you undergo a full-service move, your movers will pack your things up in your old home, load them onto the truck, drive to your new location, unload everything off the truck, and unpack your belongings in your new home. Though full-service moves can be expensive, they can provide for a less stressful move – you can sit back and relax as the movers do all the work!
What is the ProMover Program? |
The American Moving & Storage Association launched the ProMover Program to give people the peace of mind they deserve when getting ready to move. The program’s main goal is to fight the spread of imposters and rogue movers who take advantage of people. Not just any mover can become a ProMover, though. Any company that wishes to become a ProMover must undergo strict review by AMSA.
Learn to Spot Good Service |
When the company gives you an estimate, a sign of good service will be them showing up to your house to do a thorough survey of the home. They should also provide you with all the documents you’re meant to have including the Bill of Lading, the inventory list and a copy of "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" - a booklet created by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that lays out everything required of a moving company. Another tip is to search for reviews of the company
The Movers Duties and ... |
Your movers will have plenty of responsibilities as they carry out your move and they are responsible for more than just transporting your goods from place to place. It is important to understand exactly what their responsibilities are. By knowing your mover's duties in advance, you can be sure that your movers are doing exactly what is expected of them.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|Pleasant positive experience|
Eagle Moving and Storage
|Over all it was a pleasant positive experience. I would say that they were maybe a little slow, but they eventually got the job done. The pricing was charged by the hour, so I feel like they were taking their time, I was expecting $500 but it ended up being $1,000.|
|Review by : Anonymous
Posted on : 5/22/2017
|No Complaints |
Golden State Moving and Storage
|It was pretty good. Probably a last minute thing, but it was probably the most inexpensive way to go. They charge by weight, customer service was great and I have no complaints. Right now we are just waiting for our stuff and their ETA for that is less than 14 days but I've been contacting dispatch almost on a daily basis, they're telling me they can be there at the end of the week, in a week and a half , but none the less it's pretty good. They keep in contact with me which is all I care about |
|Review by : Dexter
Posted on : 5/11/2017
North American Van Lines,
|Very nice crew, professional. Only problem was a delay because their truck did not arrive on time. Pricing was fair. Would recommend to friends and family. |
|Review by : Lee
Posted on : 4/28/2017
California Moving Companies and CA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a California Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured CA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to California or from CA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable California residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers California has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable California long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or CA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want CA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of California movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of CA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of California at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in California, CA
Beverly Hills, CA
Elk Grove, CA
Garden Grove, CA
La Mesa, CA
La Puente, CA
Lake Forest, CA
Long Beach, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Manhattan Beach, CA
Marina Del Rey
Mountain View, CA
Palm Springs, CA
Palo Alto, CA
Redondo Beach, CA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
San Luis Obispo
San Marcos, CA
San Mateo, CA
San Pedro, CA
|San Rafael, CA|
Santa Clara, CA
Santa Cruz, CA
Santa Maria, CA
Santa Monica, CA
Santa Rosa, CA
South Lake Tahoe
Spring Valley, CA
Walnut Creek, CA
West Hollywood, CA
Woodland Hills, CA
Find Other Moving Services near California
Moving to California?
Since the California Gold Rush in 1849, Americans have been moving to California in search of a new start, and sometimes, in search of fame, fortune and everything else that can be found on the golden coast and the star-paved streets of Hollywood.
There are many different reasons to move to California, from its bustling entertainment scene, to the various different industries spread out over the vast state from top to bottom. Many people would say that Silicon Valley, located outside San Francisco, is at the heart of our nation’s technological development, while southern California has a world famous wine region that is home to some of the best vineyards in the country.
If you’re moving to California, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to California
- Being that California is the third largest state in the country in land mass, the state has a several different climate zones. The state spans a majority of the west coast and the climate difference between the southern portion of the state near San Diego and the very northernmost point is substantial. Most of the state has a Mediterranean climate, meaning that it is mostly cool in the winter, with the temperature rarely dropping below 40, and dry and warm in the summer. California has a little bit of everything, ranging from snowy mountains in the Sierra Nevada range in the western portion of the state, to the dry desert conditions of the Mojave in the southwest portion, to the cool, breezy oceanfront climate that comprises much of the coastal region. (Helpful Link: California Weather)
- Registering your Car: In the state of California, your car is required to have a smog check upon registration. Also, upon your arrival in California after moving, you have 20 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: California DMV)
- Obtaining a California Driver’s License: A California Driver’s License can be obtained at any California DMV location. The state requires new California residents to update their license from their previous state to a California driver’s license within 10 days of moving.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in California is $593,031, while the median sales price is just over $452,000. The California Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of California.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the California Public Utilities Commission. (Helpful Link: California State Moving Resource Page)
- Although the public primary school systems throughout much of the state have had recent problems with funding, there is a state amendment that ensures a certain amount of funding per year for all schools grades K-12. California public schools are ranked among the lowest in the country, but there is room for growth. When it comes to secondary education, the state is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the country, such as Stanford University in Palo Alto, the California Institute of Technology, Claremont College, Pepperdine University and the University of Southern California. The state college system in California is two-tiered, meaning that it contains both junior colleges and four-year universities. (Helpful Link: California Schools)
As of 2011, California was ranked 35th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of 35 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of California
The major players in the California economy when it comes to industry are computers and technology, with a large portion of computer component manufacturing occurring in California. The headquarters of tech companies like Apple, Google and Facebook are located in California, among many others. Also, tourism brings in lots of revenue, as does the film industry and the millions of visitors that flock to Hollywood every year.
- In 2011, the state of California had the third highest unemployment rate in the nation at 10.9 percent. Over 57% of male Californians age 16 or over, and 55% of females age 16 or over are employed in the labor force. (Helpful Link: California Labor and Workforce Department)
The median household income in the state of California is $47,493, while the average per capita income for the state is $22,711.
Important Locations in California