|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Colorado.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Tips for Moving to a City |
Living in a big city can be overwhelming, and moving to one can be downright stressful, especially if you have never experienced all of the sights, sounds, and smells that a big city has to offer on a daily basis. If you know a little bit of what to expect before you move though, it won't be so bad. Preparing yourself for adjusting to big city life and putting yourself in an urban state of mind will help you to become accustomed to the changes when you move.
Do You Need Full-Service Movers? |
If you have very little free time coupled with a large home and a lot of goods, full-service movers will take care of every step of your move—packing, loading, transporting, unloading and unpacking.
Saving Money on Your Move |
You’ve already learned how to save money for your move, and now the time has come to follow through on the move. So what are some of the best ways to pull off an affordable and cheap move without sacrificing quality? Here are some helpful money-saving tips and useful advice on how to make the most of your money during your move.
Understanding the Roles of Your ... |
Every individual involved with a move has a specific role to play; whether you are the one making the move, or an employee of the moving company or a truck company that was hired to help. There are different responsibilities assigned to each member of a team of movers.
Items Not Allowed on a Moving Truck |
Be sure to donate or properly dispose of any unwanted goods, and items you will not be able to transport on a commercial moving truck. Typically, movers will not move dangerous/hazardous items like chemicals or any machinery filled with gasoline, matches, explosives, ammunition aerosol cans, etc. Plants and animals will also need to be moved separately. It is not advised to put any personal documents on the moving truck like social security cards, deeds, stocks, car titles, etc.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
Edens Moving Services LLC
|I hired Eden’s moving to move my belongings from Denver to San Jose. I was in a 2 bedroom apartment and was moving to a 1 bedroom apartment so I had to downsize a bit. When I mentioned it to Drew he offered me a free in home estimate and he would be able to price each item individually to see if it was worth taking, what a brilliant idea!!!! I managed to reduce my moving cost by 35% this way and it was well in my budget. The movers on pickup were fantastic and fast. They were in and out in less than 4 hours but made sure my things are well padded and protected. Their driver was nice enough to notify me 2 days before he delivered which was helpful since I just started a new job. Everything has been delivered and besides a couple of scratches on my bed foot board everything was ok. I called Eden’s moving to mention the scratches and Gary told me that they will hire a handyman to fix it, great customer service!!!!|
|Review by : Molly
Posted on : 3/16/2017
|Very Happy with this moving company|
Edens Moving Services LLC
|I Used Eden's to move my storage unit in Denver to Los Angeles, Chris was the rep at Eden's that helped me and was very helpful and detailed, he also called me just couple of days ago to make sure all went fine, although i didnt have much (maybe 20 boxes, couple of old furniture and a Bike) I was extremely worried about my $9k Bike , but all came just fine , looks like the guys in Denver did a great job protecting the bike and the furniture, it took about 8 days for my items to arrive (a bit long i thought) but still within the timeline that was promised! I will not hesitate to use this company in the future if needed.|
|Review by : Joshua
Posted on : 3/1/2017
A to Z Moving LLC
|This is a terrible company! They didn't bring all my items, went almost double the estimated cost and didn't leave my home until after midnight. They damaged my couch and said that they would repair it before I paid and now they are not replying to any of my texts or calls. I filed a complaint with BBB and the Department of Transportation, and the Colorado Public Utilities Commission. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY - there are several people who have also complained and written bad reviews. |
|Review by : Brenda
Posted on : 2/7/2017
Colorado Moving Companies and CO Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Colorado Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured CO Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Colorado or from CO.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Colorado residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Colorado has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Colorado long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or CO out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want CO full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Colorado movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of CO moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Colorado at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Colorado, CO
Beaver Creek, CO
Black Hawk, CO
Buena Vista, CO
Castle Rock, CO
Cherry Hills Village
Garden City, CO
|Grand Junction, CO|
Lone Tree, CO
New Castle, CO
Rocky Ford, CO
Woodland Park, CO
Find Other Moving Services near Colorado
Moving to Colorado?
Colorado is a state with a distinctive splendor and it is the only state in history to turn down the Olympics. The rugged mountainous terrain is the most prevalent feature of the state and its most prominent distinction is the Mile High city of Denver, named as such because it sits one mile above sea level. In addition, the world’s largest flat top mountain is located in Grand Mesa, Colorado.
The earliest inhabitants of Colorado were the ancient Pueblo who settled in the region approximately 700 years ago. Colorado joined the union as the 38th state in 1876, and Colorado currently stands as the 8th largest state in terms of the land mass in America. The state is located near the Rocky Mountains and has n abundance of varied natural resources.
If you’re moving to Colorado, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Colorado
- The climate of Colorado is mostly cool and invigorating, and can commonly be referred to as a highland or mountain climate. Summers are often hot in the plains, but are followed by afternoon thundershowers. The mountain regions are cool with low humidity. The climate is favorable for rapid, evapotranspiration, and even during the hotter days of the year, it can still feel quite comfortable. You can often find pleasant daytime conditions even during the winter. The skiers of Colorado are seen in light clothing in spite of having heavy snow, due to the pleasant daytime conditions. (Helpful Link: Colorado Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in the state of Colorado as a new resident, you have a total time period of 30 days to register your vehicle. In order to register your vehicle in the state of Colorado, you must provide proof of insurance. You can register your car at any DMV location throughout the state. (Helpful Link: Colorado DMV)
- Obtaining a Colorado Driver’s License: A Colorado Driver’s License can be obtained at any Colorado DMV location. The state requires new Colorado residents to update their license from their previous state to a Colorado driver’s license after moving. In order to do so, you must first provide proof of insurance and have your car registered and titled in the state.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Colorado is $534,532, while the median sales price is just over $240,000. The Colorado Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Colorado.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Colorado State Moving Resource Page)
- The Colorado Department of Education has accountability to the state’s 178 schools. It also provides leadership, resources and support to 1,780 schools with over 130,000 educators. There are also services to support the board of cooperative educational services such as early learning centers, state correctional schools, facility schools, the state’s libraries, and family literacy centers. The Department of Education of Colorado is also responsible for implementing state and federal education laws; the vision statement of the Colorado Department of Education is to see that all students of Colorado become educated and productive citizens. There are many opportunities for every individual who wants to study at Colorado, and there are a number of great collegiate institutions located within the state, including the University of Colorado, Colorado State University, Air Force Academy, the University of Northern Colorado, and the University of Colorado-Denver. (Helpful Link: Colorado Schools)
As of 2011, Colorado was ranked 26th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Colorado
Most of the economy of Colorado is based on the service industries. More than 80% of the state’s economy and revenue is generated from the service industry. Colorado’s urban areas are home to almost 80% of the state’s economy. The Rocky Mountains in the western parts of the state also have numerous petroleum and coal deposits. There are various recreation areas in state as well, and agricultural production is the predominant form of production in the state of Colorado, followed by manufacture of scientific instruments.
- As of early 2012, the state of Colorado had an unemployment rate of 7.8 percent, which is relatively low compared to the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Colorado Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Colorado is $56,456, while the average per capita income for the state is $42,802.
Important Locations in Colorado
- State Capital: Denver
- Largest Cities:
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
- Major landmarks and attractions: Colorado Gators Reptile Park; May Natural History Museum of the Tropics; Casa Bonita Cano's Castle ; Beer Can Folk Art; UFO Watchtower; Dragon Man's Military Museum; Swetsville Zoo; Mile High Stadium; Coors Field (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Colorado)
- National Parks:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- State park System: The state of Colorado has many forests and wildlife areas to enjoy the sprawling scenery of the Rocky Mountains and the surrounding wilderness. Some of the state parks in Colorado are Chipeta State Park, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Lathrop State Park, Lory State Park, Pearl Lake State Park, and Steamboat Lake State Park, which provides many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Colorado by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Colorado Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Denver International Airport
- Colorado Springs Airport
- Denver-Centennial Airport
- Telluride Regional Airport
- Yampa Valley Regional Airport