|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Colorado.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Do You Require Packing Services? |
Have a lot of belongings and not a lot of time? Do you own many valuables, antiques, or fragile items? Professional packers will properly and quickly wrap and pack your goods for your move.
Moving Frauds and Scams |
Scams unfortunately exist in all facets of business and it’s important to know how to avoid them. Moving frauds and scams are especially common these days, and they are an unfortunate evil that comes with trusting your belongings to dishonest movers, so familiarize yourself with the warning signs so you can avoid disaster and prevent yourself from falling victim to one of these prevalent moving scams.
Philadelphia Moving Guides and Tips |
The city where our nation's independence was established over 200 years ago, Philadelphia is a national treasure and full of great American landmarks and cultural diversity around every corner. Located conveniently close to several other major cities like New York, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. Philadelphia is a great place to move to, and this guide will help to better prepare you for when it comes time to make that move.
Don’t automatically hire the ... |
Just because the company is the most affordable, it doesn’t mean it’s the wisest choice. There are many reasons why companies are cheaper than others. You may be getting substandard service or even worse, it may be a scam. Make sure to get multiple estimates and use your instinct when choosing a company.
How to Find Piano Movers |
Pianos make a wonderful addition to any home. However, when moving to a new home, transporting these instruments can be a hassle. Since all pianos are large, fragile, and expensive, the best option is to have professionals handle the move rather than doing it yourself. While many moving companies have experience moving pianos, you might feel more comfortable using a company that specializes only in moving the instruments.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|If you live in Colorado, look ...|
Golden Valley Van Lines
|Finding a mover is tough - it seems like they almost all have bad reviews. We thought Golden Valley looked good but then after our move I looked back and it seems almost all of the positive reviews are from CA and the bad ones from CO. I'm going to do you a favor right now, go to www.fmcsa.dot.gov/protect-your-move/consumer-rights Read it, know what is okay and what is not ok. This would have saved us a huge headache had I done my homework. I would also ask if they are going to use a company that has been contracted out to do any portion of the move. I won't get into too many of the details of what went wrong - but there was a lot. 1. A few days prior to the move I called to make an installment of the payment which was supposed to be half of the quoted amount of 7K. The paperwork said I could do it with a credit card with a 3% fee attached. I called to arrange and they said they can only do cash or a postal money order. Even though it was stated differently on their contract, they basically said their hands were tied and they could not honor that. 2. Day of the move, the foreman did a walk through and said that we may have to pay 12K. Whatttttt????? We had been quoted under 7K. He assured me not to worry, that was a high estimate and he wanted to give us a worst-case scenario which would only go down (it did not go down, we paid 12K). He then said that he is going to need half of whatever amount it ends up being. I think I started laughing - I had gone through a lot of trouble over a holiday weekend to make sure that I had the exact amount of cash I thought was needed and didn't have half of that and banks were closed. He did work with me here and said that I could give them what I have that day as long as I pay a postal money order in Atlanta written out to Golden Valley Van Lines. They took FOREVER |
|Review by : Lindsay
Posted on : 12/21/2016
|Very professional Staff|
|These guys are fantastic - look no further if you need help with a move. They are well equipped, work really fast, are very careful and very accommodating. You won't find anyone better. They were right on time and a pleasure to work with.|
|Review by : Eileen
Posted on : 11/12/2016
Viking Van Lines LLC
|Incredible movers! This is my 2nd moving experience with Viking Van Lines, and they always have been incredible. My brother has used them several times and recommends this company as completely world class. Prompt, efficient, responsible, thoughtful and helpful! Santa at the office is wonderful too. Thanks for Vikings!|
|Review by : Daniel
Posted on : 11/5/2016
Colorado Moving Companies and CO Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Colorado Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured CO Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Colorado or from CO.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Colorado residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Colorado has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Colorado long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or CO out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want CO full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Colorado movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of CO moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Colorado at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Colorado, CO
Beaver Creek, CO
Black Hawk, CO
Buena Vista, CO
Castle Rock, CO
Cherry Hills Village
Garden City, CO
|Grand Junction, CO|
Lone Tree, CO
New Castle, CO
Rocky Ford, CO
Woodland Park, CO
Find Other Moving Services near Colorado
Moving to Colorado?
Colorado is a state with a distinctive splendor and it is the only state in history to turn down the Olympics. The rugged mountainous terrain is the most prevalent feature of the state and its most prominent distinction is the Mile High city of Denver, named as such because it sits one mile above sea level. In addition, the world’s largest flat top mountain is located in Grand Mesa, Colorado.
The earliest inhabitants of Colorado were the ancient Pueblo who settled in the region approximately 700 years ago. Colorado joined the union as the 38th state in 1876, and Colorado currently stands as the 8th largest state in terms of the land mass in America. The state is located near the Rocky Mountains and has n abundance of varied natural resources.
If you’re moving to Colorado, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Colorado
- The climate of Colorado is mostly cool and invigorating, and can commonly be referred to as a highland or mountain climate. Summers are often hot in the plains, but are followed by afternoon thundershowers. The mountain regions are cool with low humidity. The climate is favorable for rapid, evapotranspiration, and even during the hotter days of the year, it can still feel quite comfortable. You can often find pleasant daytime conditions even during the winter. The skiers of Colorado are seen in light clothing in spite of having heavy snow, due to the pleasant daytime conditions. (Helpful Link: Colorado Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in the state of Colorado as a new resident, you have a total time period of 30 days to register your vehicle. In order to register your vehicle in the state of Colorado, you must provide proof of insurance. You can register your car at any DMV location throughout the state. (Helpful Link: Colorado DMV)
- Obtaining a Colorado Driver’s License: A Colorado Driver’s License can be obtained at any Colorado DMV location. The state requires new Colorado residents to update their license from their previous state to a Colorado driver’s license after moving. In order to do so, you must first provide proof of insurance and have your car registered and titled in the state.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Colorado is $534,532, while the median sales price is just over $240,000. The Colorado Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Colorado.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Colorado State Moving Resource Page)
- The Colorado Department of Education has accountability to the state’s 178 schools. It also provides leadership, resources and support to 1,780 schools with over 130,000 educators. There are also services to support the board of cooperative educational services such as early learning centers, state correctional schools, facility schools, the state’s libraries, and family literacy centers. The Department of Education of Colorado is also responsible for implementing state and federal education laws; the vision statement of the Colorado Department of Education is to see that all students of Colorado become educated and productive citizens. There are many opportunities for every individual who wants to study at Colorado, and there are a number of great collegiate institutions located within the state, including the University of Colorado, Colorado State University, Air Force Academy, the University of Northern Colorado, and the University of Colorado-Denver. (Helpful Link: Colorado Schools)
As of 2011, Colorado was ranked 26th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Colorado
Most of the economy of Colorado is based on the service industries. More than 80% of the state’s economy and revenue is generated from the service industry. Colorado’s urban areas are home to almost 80% of the state’s economy. The Rocky Mountains in the western parts of the state also have numerous petroleum and coal deposits. There are various recreation areas in state as well, and agricultural production is the predominant form of production in the state of Colorado, followed by manufacture of scientific instruments.
- As of early 2012, the state of Colorado had an unemployment rate of 7.8 percent, which is relatively low compared to the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Colorado Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Colorado is $56,456, while the average per capita income for the state is $42,802.
Important Locations in Colorado
- State Capital: Denver
- Largest Cities:
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
- Major landmarks and attractions: Colorado Gators Reptile Park; May Natural History Museum of the Tropics; Casa Bonita Cano's Castle ; Beer Can Folk Art; UFO Watchtower; Dragon Man's Military Museum; Swetsville Zoo; Mile High Stadium; Coors Field (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Colorado)
- National Parks:
- Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
- Great Sand Dunes National Park
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- State park System: The state of Colorado has many forests and wildlife areas to enjoy the sprawling scenery of the Rocky Mountains and the surrounding wilderness. Some of the state parks in Colorado are Chipeta State Park, Eldorado Canyon State Park, Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Lathrop State Park, Lory State Park, Pearl Lake State Park, and Steamboat Lake State Park, which provides many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Colorado by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Colorado Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Denver International Airport
- Colorado Springs Airport
- Denver-Centennial Airport
- Telluride Regional Airport
- Yampa Valley Regional Airport