|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Delaware.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Moving During the School Year |
Many people who have children opt to move during the summer when school is out for the year, however sometimes the circumstances don't allow for easy planning and schedules to fall into place and you must move in the middle of a school year. While there are many hurdles that come with moving your kids during a school year, it can be done painlessly if you know what to expect and how to tackle the challenges as they come.
Use technology to make your move ... |
Modern technology allows moving to be easier than ever before. Use Movers.com to find reputable moving companies. Find apps that help you pack. Find or sell houses on the internet. Look at customer feedback for all the aspects of moving and real estate that require paying for some sort of service.
How to Get Boxes for Your Move |
Often the most difficult and tiresome part of the moving process, packing can take up a lot of your time and resources. If you choose to do the whole packing job by yourself rather than hire a moving company to do it for you, you're going to need boxes -- and a lot of them. This guide will give you some helpful tips and advice on how you can get your hands on boxes for your move.
Long Distance Moves |
A long distance move is defined by any move that is greater than 50 miles. Long distance moves require a lot of patience and even more careful planning than a local move. You can help yourself out by making sure you’re well prepared for the challenges that come along with a long distance move.
Different Types of Moving Services |
The moving company you choose to hire will depend on the type of move you need to complete. Are you moving local, long distance, internationally? Do you need full service, or just moving help? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you get a more accurate estimate for your move.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|Good but they don't listen|
ALL Moving & Storage
|Services pretty much good... but they were so rude and they don't want to listen to us. They do work just like how they want to and don't want to listen.|
|Review by : Aarti
Posted on : 3/8/2017
Viking Van Lines LLC
|I had a good service. They were really helpful shipping my luggage. They were on time. I did not have any issue with them. Pricing was good. Normal as expected.|
|Review by : Narayanan
Posted on : 2/21/2017
|I was not pleased with the service.|
S.H. Haughton Trucking
|So the woman who answered the phone was very nice, very friendly. She seemed like she had her act together. Then the week before the move, I got a phone call that they're running late. They asked if they could pick stuff up later than expected. And I said sure, that's no problem. Because the settlement is a little bit later, so that worked out fine. But the problem was then I got another phone call that said: Yeah, they're running late. They'll be there as soon as they can. And I said, what are you talking about? They were going to get there a week early. So they didn't have the timing right. So there was that, now I was worried about that. But that was okay, we figured it out. It was fine. That was no big deal. So the day of comes, they were arrive - very friendly, very nice. Extremely slow. I spent $800. Everything was already packed up in the storage facility. The other wasn't, so I was okay that it was slower at the house. But it took forever. One guy literally stood there the whole time... getting on his phone, trying to go to smoke a cigarette. At one point, they asked me to go do a lunch run for them. Which I did, I was fine doing that, because that was going to get them to go. That was fine. And they were just so slow. It took 8 hours. And I don't have that much stuff!|
|Review by : Lisa
Posted on : 1/31/2017
Delaware Moving Companies and DE Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Delaware Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured DE Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Delaware or from DE.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Delaware residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Delaware has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Delaware long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or DE out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want DE full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Delaware movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of DE moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Delaware at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Delaware, DE
New Castle, DE
Ocean View, DE
Find Other Moving Services near Delaware
Moving to Delaware?
Situated in the DelMarVa Peninsula, the state of Delaware is the second smallest state in the United States. The state is named in the honor of Sir Thomas West (Lord De La Warr), the governor of an English colony at Jamestown, Virginia.
Delaware is officially nicknamed “The First State,” as it was one of the 13 original states to ratify the U.S. Constitution. Thomas Jefferson called it the Diamond State, owing to its strategic location on the eastern seaboard. Recently, Delaware has been called the “Small Wonder” due to the contributions it has made to the country, despite its size.
Tourists from surrounding states flock to Delaware for its artistic appeal, nightlife, and tax-free shopping. The state boasts of attractions such as the Delaware International Speedway and Dover Downs, a one-of-a-kind car racing facility and a harness racing facility. The speedway, also known as Monster Mile, conducts two NASCAR races annually.
If you’re moving to Delaware, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Delaware
- Delaware exhibits a climate that changes from humid subtropical in the south to humid continental in the north. The Atlantic Ocean has a moderating effect on the temperatures in the state. Overall the state experiences cold winter temperatures, hot summers, and precipitation throughout the year. The state is also susceptible to severe weather conditions that arise from winter and spring nor'easters which can cause heavy snow, coastal flooding, and thunderstorms. The topography of the state is characterized by the Atlantic Coastal Plains and the Appalachian Piedmont in the north. There is swampland along the southern boundary of the state. On the eastern side of the state is the Delaware River. (Helpful Link: Delaware Weather)
- Registering your Car: You have 60 days to title and register your vehicle after becoming a resident of Delaware, but you are required to notify the state of the change of address at a DMV within 30 days. You need to submit insurance, out-of-state title and registration, requisite fees and get your vehicle inspected at any DMV office. (Helpful Link: Delaware DMV)
- Obtaining a Delaware Driver’s License: Upon becoming a resident of the state, you have 60 days to obtain a Delaware driver's license. You have to pass an eye test. Knowledge and road tests can be waived if you are in possession of a valid out-of-state driver's license. After obtaining your driver's license, registration to vote and to become an organ donor are carried out at the DMV offices itself.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Delaware is $310,013, while the median sales price is just over $237,000. The Delaware Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Delaware.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Delaware State Moving Resource Page)
- The Delaware State Board of Education oversees the management of public education in the state. The board reviews and approves applications for charter schools. It also oversees the enactment of its mission and long range goals which affect various aspects of education in the state. The state is the origin of Belton vs. Gebhart, which resulted in the United States Supreme Court ordering that African-American children be admitted into the segregated whites-only public schools. There are 25 charter schools with one being an all-girls facility, and they are funded by the Department of Education. As part of the higher education program, the University of Delaware, with its historic origins, offers engineering, science, public administration, chemical engineering, and biotechnology programs. Other notable institutions include Delaware College of Art and Design, Delaware Technical and Community College, and Goldey-Beacom College. (Helpful Link: Delaware Schools)
As of 2011, Delaware was ranked 47th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 50 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Delaware
Delaware's economy is fueled by agriculture and industries such as chemical and pharmaceuticals, automotive manufacturing, and banking services. Delaware's agricultural products include chicken, milk, hogs, soybeans, barley, wheat, potatoes, and apples. Chemicals and pharmaceuticals are the primary industrial products with Syngenta, AstraZeneca, and Hercules Inc. based in Delaware. This is followed by food processing; especially prepared desserts, baked goods, fish products, and soft drinks. The state's Financial Center Development Act has helped catapult banking, financial services, and the insurance industry.
- As of early 2012, the state of Delaware had an unemployment rate of 6.9 percent, which is lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Delaware Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Delaware is $57,599, while the average per capita income for the state is $29,007.
Important Locations in Delaware
- State Capital: Dover
- Largest Cities:
- Major landmarks and attractions: Dover Downs; Delaware International Speedway; Hagley Museum and Library; Longwood Gardens; Riverfront Wilmington; Zwaanendael Museum; Mount Cuba Center Botanical Garden; Kalmar Nykel Sailing Ship; Winterthur Museum and Country Estate; Fort Delaware. (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Delaware )
- National Parks:
- Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail
- State park System: The Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation supervises and manages the state's 17 parks. You can indulge in a range of outdoor activities like boating, fishing, hiking, rock climbing, disc golf, birding, cross-country skiing, and ice skating in winters. Whether it’s a casual business meeting for 10 or an extravagant wedding for hundreds, Delaware state parks offer some of the perfect scenic areas. (Helpful Link: Delaware State Parks)
- Major Airports:
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Baltimore Washington International Airport
- New Castle Airport