|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Georgia.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Moving Documents |
Moving will often bring about a lot of important documents that you’ll need to read over and understand like the bill of lading, among others. In order to make sure you understand the purpose of these documents, here is an overview of the most important documents you’ll come across during the moving process and what you need to do with them.
Miami Moving Guides and Tips |
The sunshine state is a culturally diverse melting pot and people from all over flock to the sunny, sandy beaches of Miami for a relaxing, laid-back lifestyle that can't be found anywhere else. Prepare yourself for your move to Miami with the helpful tips and advice in this guide, so that you can be ready for anything that comes your way and so that you'll know exactly what to expect when you arrive in your new home in Miami.
Tips on How to Tip Your Movers |
Many people are often unsure of what to do when it comes to tipping movers, but there are no definitive rules. Simply put, since you are already spending a lot of money on the move, movers don't expect to be tipped. At the same time, if you want to reward your movers for a job well done, feel free to give them a little extra money. The choice is entirely up to you.
Always check if movers are ... |
In order to be certain that you’re hiring a reputable company to handle your move, make sure they are properly licensed and registered. All interstate movers are required to register for a DOT number (Dept. of Transportation) by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Always Ask for an In-Home ... |
Always insist on an in-home estimate. In-home estimates provide a better idea of what you will be paying because the moving company will be able to measure and see what items you’re planning on moving. In-home estimates offer the most accurate pricing, generally.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|It was good|
Two Men & A Truck
|It was good. The two movers they sent were good. We did get a packing services and they did ok. Nothing was broken. |
|Review by : Garrett
Posted on : 8/29/2014
|Excellent Employees thus Excellent ...|
Xtreme Moving & Storage
|I would personally like to thank you for employing such a great, professional, humble, polite, and patient employees, starting with Tracey and Christy. However, the most deserving accolades must be given to Don Rucker, and Nathan Jones who were responsible for the complete process. These guys are to be commented for making this emotional change of residence (30 years) a smooth, and joyous transition. Both Don and Nathan were a blessing to have as part of my team during this emotional journey. They treated me with respect and as if I were their mom. I applaud you for hiring such sensitive intelligent, and responsible young men. Having the responsible of moving my 3058 sq. ft. home from Atlanta, GA to Raleigh, NC, only 1 item was damaged. This was remarkable with this being such a huge move. Again Thank You and a SPECIAL THANKS to Don, Nathan, and Justin. Ms. String|
|Review by : Sandra
Posted on : 8/27/2014
|For the most part it was a quick ...|
Strong Arms in a Truck
|I guess they were quick. They didn't have some of the supplies and some of the tools that they needed to get us moved so they had to search and ask for some of the tools, but I mean they were fairly quick.|
|Review by : Ashley
Posted on : 8/25/2014
Georgia Moving Companies and GA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Georgia Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured GA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Georgia or from GA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Georgia residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Georgia has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Georgia long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or GA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want GA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Georgia movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of GA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Georgia at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Georgia, GA
College Park, GA
Forest Hills, GA
Forest Park, GA
Fort Valley, GA
Hunter Army AirField
Lake City, GA
Locust Grove, GA
Powder Springs, GA
Richmond Hill, GA
Saint Marys, GA
Sandy Springs, GA
Union City, GA
Villa Rica, GA
Find Other Moving Services near Georgia
Moving to Georgia?
Tucked in the southeastern corner of the United States, Georgia was one of the original Confederate states that has been the nerve center of the Civil War and has witnessed General William Tecumseh Sherman's March to the Sea. Georgia is known by the nicknames “Peach State” and the “Empire State of the South.”
With a southern antebellum atmosphere and headquartering around 26 Fortune 1000 companies such as Home Depot, UPS, and Coca Cola, Georgia beckons one and all and has anchored its roots in a rich cultural heritage.
If you’re moving to Georgia, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Georgia
- Georgia is characterized by a humid subtropical climate with mild temperatures that range from cool in the winter time to very hot and humid during the summer months. Georgia is surrounded by the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians in the northwest, the Blue Ridge Mountains in the northeast, the Piedmont plateau in the central portion of the state and the Central Plain in the south. Even though Georgia is susceptible to hurricanes that hit the Florida panhandle, they very rarely have experienced a direct attack. These hurricanes are capable of bringing in storm winds and heavy rain to the interior of the land mass. (Helpful Link: Georgia Weather )
- Registering your Car: You have 30 days to register your car in Georgia from the date of the beginning of your residency in the state of Georgia. Registration is done at the Tax Commissioner's Tag Office in the county where you are residing. Failure to do so might result in fines of up to $100 if stopped by local law enforcement. (Helpful Link: Georgia DMV)
- Obtaining a Georgia Driver’s License: A driver’s license should be obtained within 30 days of becoming a resident of the state of Georgia. Customer service centers at the Georgia Department of Driver Services will help you in transferring an out-of-state license to a Georgia license. The state also has a provision for exchanging a valid or expired (less than two years) out-of-state license for a Georgia license. Driver's licenses held by residents of other countries are acceptable in Georgia as long as they are valid.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Georgia is $254,359, while the median sales price is just over $172,000. The Georgia Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Georgia.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Georgia State Moving Resource Page)
- The state of Georgia has long since adopted a standard in public school education to test the aptitude of public school students in several core subjects. The End of Course Test (EOCT) and Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) are administered to high school students yearly and help to keep the students of Georgia schools on par with other school systems around the nation. In addition to the public school system, Georgia is also home to several great institutions of higher learning. There are a total of 70 public colleges located in the state such as the University of Georgia, the University of Georgia Tech, Georgia State University, Georgia Southern University, Emory University and Morehouse College. (Helpful Link: Georgia Schools)
As of 2011, Georgia was ranked 32nd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Georgia
Georgia is mainly involved in agricultural products and the food industry. It is the leading producer of pecans in the world and the production of pecans is mainly concentrated around the region of Albany. Other industrial products include textiles, paper products, chemical products and electrical equipment. Tourism also contributes to the growth of the economy.
The unemployment rate as of March 2012 in Georgia was 9%, about 0.8% above the national level. However, when compared to the unemployment figure from October 2009, it has decreased by 1.5 percentage points. (Helpful Link: Georgia Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Georgia is $49,347, while the average per capita income for the state is $36,104.
Important Locations in Georgia