|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Georgia.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Get Multiple Estimates |
When moving, make sure you get at least three estimates from different companies so that you can properly compare their services with your budget.
Don’t automatically hire the ... |
Just because the company is the most affordable, it doesn’t mean it’s the wisest choice. There are many reasons why companies are cheaper than others. You may be getting substandard service or even worse, it may be a scam. Make sure to get multiple estimates and use your instinct when choosing a company.
The Meaning of US DOT Numbers |
US DOT numbers are an important piece of information that will let you in on a moving company’s prior history and let you know where the company is legally allowed to operate, as well as if they company is legitimate and reputable. These numbers are important and can help you in your decision of whether or not to hire a moving company.
Benefits of Full Service Moves |
Full service moves are defined as a service which encompass all of the primary aspects of the moving process, like packing, loading, shipping, delivery, unpacking and assembly. A full service move covers all of your bases and is extremely convenient. If you’re contemplating hiring a full-service moving company, read about all of the possible benefits of full service moves right here.
New York Moving Guide and Tips |
The "City That Never Sleeps" is a fitting name for New York City, and it will certainly be advantageous for you if you are making a move to New York, as you'll have plenty of time to get yourself accustomed to the big city and everything it has to offer. But in the meantime, this guide will provide you with helpful tips and advice on what to expect when you're moving to New York and how to prepare yourself for the move.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|For the most part it was a quick ...|
Strong Arms in a Truck
|I guess they were quick. They didn't have some of the supplies and some of the tools that they needed to get us moved so they had to search and ask for some of the tools, but I mean they were fairly quick.|
|Review by : Ashley
Posted on : 8/25/2014
|They were excellent, I was very ...|
Hi-Tech Movers LLC
|They were prompt, they were very good with my furniture, they didn't break anything, they were pleasant and courteous and quick. Very professional.|
|Review by : Marina
Posted on : 8/25/2014
|They don't waste time, that's one ...|
|They were on time. and they stayed in touch with me. They had to go to a different service earlier in the day but they stayed in touch with me to let me know how far away they were, how much that job was progressing. They were very polite and friendly. They don't waste time, that's one of the things that I like about them. You know, some companies will come and try to stretch out the time to bill you more, but they work constantly to get everything done, so I have no complaint with them. I don't plan on moving again anytime soon but if I did, I would probably use them again unless they were unavailable.|
|Review by : Margaret
Posted on : 8/25/2014
Georgia Moving Companies and GA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Georgia Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured GA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Georgia or from GA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Georgia residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Georgia has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Georgia long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or GA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want GA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Georgia movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of GA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Georgia at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Georgia, GA
College Park, GA
Forest Hills, GA
Forest Park, GA
Fort Valley, GA
Hunter Army AirField
Lake City, GA
Locust Grove, GA
Powder Springs, GA
Richmond Hill, GA
Saint Marys, GA
Sandy Springs, GA
Union City, GA
Villa Rica, GA
Find Other Moving Services near Georgia
Moving to Georgia?
Tucked in the southeastern corner of the United States, Georgia was one of the original Confederate states that has been the nerve center of the Civil War and has witnessed General William Tecumseh Sherman's March to the Sea. Georgia is known by the nicknames “Peach State” and the “Empire State of the South.”
With a southern antebellum atmosphere and headquartering around 26 Fortune 1000 companies such as Home Depot, UPS, and Coca Cola, Georgia beckons one and all and has anchored its roots in a rich cultural heritage.
If you’re moving to Georgia, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Georgia
- Georgia is characterized by a humid subtropical climate with mild temperatures that range from cool in the winter time to very hot and humid during the summer months. Georgia is surrounded by the Ridge-and-Valley Appalachians in the northwest, the Blue Ridge Mountains in the northeast, the Piedmont plateau in the central portion of the state and the Central Plain in the south. Even though Georgia is susceptible to hurricanes that hit the Florida panhandle, they very rarely have experienced a direct attack. These hurricanes are capable of bringing in storm winds and heavy rain to the interior of the land mass. (Helpful Link: Georgia Weather )
- Registering your Car: You have 30 days to register your car in Georgia from the date of the beginning of your residency in the state of Georgia. Registration is done at the Tax Commissioner's Tag Office in the county where you are residing. Failure to do so might result in fines of up to $100 if stopped by local law enforcement. (Helpful Link: Georgia DMV)
- Obtaining a Georgia Driver’s License: A driver’s license should be obtained within 30 days of becoming a resident of the state of Georgia. Customer service centers at the Georgia Department of Driver Services will help you in transferring an out-of-state license to a Georgia license. The state also has a provision for exchanging a valid or expired (less than two years) out-of-state license for a Georgia license. Driver's licenses held by residents of other countries are acceptable in Georgia as long as they are valid.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Georgia is $254,359, while the median sales price is just over $172,000. The Georgia Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Georgia.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Georgia State Moving Resource Page)
- The state of Georgia has long since adopted a standard in public school education to test the aptitude of public school students in several core subjects. The End of Course Test (EOCT) and Georgia High School Graduation Test (GHSGT) are administered to high school students yearly and help to keep the students of Georgia schools on par with other school systems around the nation. In addition to the public school system, Georgia is also home to several great institutions of higher learning. There are a total of 70 public colleges located in the state such as the University of Georgia, the University of Georgia Tech, Georgia State University, Georgia Southern University, Emory University and Morehouse College. (Helpful Link: Georgia Schools)
As of 2011, Georgia was ranked 32nd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Georgia
Georgia is mainly involved in agricultural products and the food industry. It is the leading producer of pecans in the world and the production of pecans is mainly concentrated around the region of Albany. Other industrial products include textiles, paper products, chemical products and electrical equipment. Tourism also contributes to the growth of the economy.
The unemployment rate as of March 2012 in Georgia was 9%, about 0.8% above the national level. However, when compared to the unemployment figure from October 2009, it has decreased by 1.5 percentage points. (Helpful Link: Georgia Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Georgia is $49,347, while the average per capita income for the state is $36,104.
Important Locations in Georgia