|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Hawaii.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Keeping Your Movers Happy |
Hiring movers to transport your goods will definitely make your moving day easier. Instead of carrying box after box onto the truck and then unloading box after box, you can have other people do this work for you. If you use professionals though, you'll want to make sure they are happy and able to do their job effectively and efficiently.
Most Affordable Way to Move Long ... |
So you’re making a long distance move and you’re at the point of realization when it starts to become apparent that this is going to be a much more daunting task then you even imagined. I mean, you’re going to be packing up just about everything you own and not only moving it, but moving it far away. This guide will provide you with a list of helpful tips and advice on how to make the most of your long distance move and not let it burn a hole in your budget.
Moving Company Policies |
Every moving company has different policies regarding different facets of the move that can range from how they go about the packing and loading process to how they conduct the move and how they give estimates, so it can’t hurt to familiarize yourself with the most common ones so you can be prepared for your move.
Boston Moving Guide and Tips |
Boston is a diverse city with something different for people of all ages and tastes. Moving to a new city like Boston can be a challenging task, as it's difficult to adjust to life in a big city, never mind a big city that is strange and unfamiliar. But Boston will make you feel at home in no time, and you can also get a few helpful tips and pointers from this guide so you can be better prepared for your move to Boston and know what to expect when you arrive.
Making a Moving Inventory |
Before you move, you can make things a lot easier on yourself by organizing a list of the things that you’ll be taking with you. This is not only helpful for you, but also for the movers who will be providing you with an estimate based on the size of the load you will be moving. Moving inventories are the perfect tool to keep you organized and sane during the packing and moving process, so here are some tips on how to make one.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Hawaii Moving Companies and HI Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Hawaii Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured HI Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Hawaii or from HI.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Hawaii residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Hawaii has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Hawaii long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or HI out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want HI full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Hawaii movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of HI moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Hawaii at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Hawaii, HI
Find Other Moving Services near Hawaii
Moving to Hawaii?
Tropical climates, vivid landscapes, rich ecological diversity, golden brown sand beaches, and oceanic water that transitions from a turquoise blue to emerald green has made the state of Hawaii a playground for tourists and scientists alike.
The state has been officially nicknamed the Aloha State. It has also been called “the Paradise of the Pacific,” owing to its natural beauty. The word Hawaii has its etymological roots in the Polynesian language of Sawaiki, which means “homeland.”
Hawaii has been inhabited by various ethnic groups, so its culture is an amalgamation of various cultures that quintessentially has come to be known as the culture of Hawaii. Various events such as the Merry Monarch Festival, Rainbow Film Festival, and the very well-known Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender film festival are celebrated with pomp and gaiety.
If you’re moving to Hawaii, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Hawaii
- A tropical climate prevails in the state, although factors such as elevation, rainfall, pressure variations, wind, and topography contribute to distinct climatic zones in various parts of the Islands. A good example of this would be the Big Island where you can experience tropical and subarctic climates, the latter on top of Mauna Kea. The state has two seasons: summer from May to October, and winter from November to April. Geographically, the islands are located close to the equator so rain is an everyday occurrence. The islands are susceptible to tropical storms that bring heavy swells and rain. Hawaii is an archipelago of islands formed due to volcanic activity in the Pacific Ocean. (Helpful Link: Hawaii Weather)
- Registering your Car: You have 30 days to title and register your car after you have established residency in the state of Hawaii. You have to submit your out-of-state title and registration, a Hawaii vehicle inspection certificate, the shipping document, an application, and the required fee at any of the Satellite City Hall offices. (Helpful Link: Hawaii DMV)
- Obtaining a Hawaii Driver’s License: You can exchange your valid out-of-state driver's license for a Hawaiian license by producing documents such as a valid U.S. license, your social security card, name change certificates, if any, and the required fees. Upon clearing a general knowledge, eye, and a written test, you will be given a type-3 (car) license. If your out-of-state license is expired, then you have to take the road test as well.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Hawaii is $952,115, while the median sales price is just over $522,000. The Hawaii Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Hawaii.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Hawaii State Moving Resource Page)
- The Hawaii State Board of Education oversees the managing and control of the state Public School System and the Public Library System. This centralization deals with inequalities amongst pupils coming from different backgrounds. As per the No Child Left Behind Act, the Hawaiian schools have scored less than the national average. As for the system of higher education, the University of Hawaii system is comprised of three university campuses, seven community colleges, an employment training center, and various other research facilities. Notable among such institutions are the University of Hawaii at Manoa, the University of Hawaii at Hilo, Windward Community College, and Leeward Community College. (Helpful Link: Hawaii Schools)
As of 2011, Hawaii was ranked 16th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 20 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Hawaii
The economy of Hawaii is driven by such industries as tourism, agriculture, sugarcane plantations, and the military. Tourism is the largest industry by far, contributing to a quarter of the total revenue earned by the state. Agricultural exports include macadamia nuts, coffee, canned pineapple, livestock, and refined sugar. Owing to the stationing of United States Department of Defense Personnel, the military spends billions of dollars contributing to the state revenue.
- As of early 2012, the state of Hawaii had an unemployment rate of 6.4 percent, which is lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Hawaii Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Hawaii is $66,420, while the average per capita income for the state is $28,882.
Important Locations in Hawaii