|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Iowa.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Always Ask for an In-Home ... |
Always insist on an in-home estimate. In-home estimates provide a better idea of what you will be paying because the moving company will be able to measure and see what items you’re planning on moving. In-home estimates offer the most accurate pricing, generally.
Pickup and Delivery Service |
Want to have all of your boxes loaded onto a truck and driven to your destination, without the expenses of a full-service move? Then consider using a pickup and delivery service from your moving company. With this option, you simply pack everything yourself, and the movers will come to your house, place the goods in the truck, drive to your destination, and then unload everything.
Boston Moving Guide and Tips |
Boston is a diverse city with something different for people of all ages and tastes. Moving to a new city like Boston can be a challenging task, as it's difficult to adjust to life in a big city, never mind a big city that is strange and unfamiliar. But Boston will make you feel at home in no time, and you can also get a few helpful tips and pointers from this guide so you can be better prepared for your move to Boston and know what to expect when you arrive.
Tips for Moving in the Winter |
The winter is a harsh season if you live in certain parts of the country, like the northeast. In other parts, it's not so bad. But winter weather can sneak up on you at any time and throw a wrench into your plans, so it's always good to be prepared for all of the potential hazards that moving in the winter can bring. This guide will provide you with some helpful tips and advice for how you can make the most out of your winter move.
Los Angeles Moving Guide and Tips |
The bright lights of Hollywood are what people normally think of when they think of Los Angeles, but the city has so much more to offer, especially if you are thinking of moving there. Whether you're moving for a change of scenery and the warm Southern California sun or because you want to make it big in Hollywood, this guide will give you some helpful tips and advice on what you need to know to be prepared for your move to Los Angeles.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|More than expected|
Interstate Relocation Systems LLC
|I had been looking far and wide for a relocating company to handle my commercial relocation but had not found one that impressed enough. An old friend and colleague asked me to do a background check on Interstate Relocation Systems which turned out to be great. With many delicate office equipments, I wanted the mover who was sure of what they were doing. I went ahead and hired them for the relocation to New York. I didn't expect anything like what they did. They were well organized and prepared. They had tools and expertise to handle all the equipment carefully. They ensured that nothing was broken by packing them into cushioned boxes. All my documents were safe, and generally, the relocation was successful.|
|Review by : Melanie
Posted on : 3/8/2017
|Most trustworthy mover, I ever seen|
North Van Lines Inc
|North Van Lines was our mover, quite professional and seemed they knew their job well. Matthew was very careful of my needs and very helpful. His professionalism made the move easier. I had more stuffs then I initially listed. I was overwhelmed when Matthew handled the situation. The crews were like family members, they took care of every moving item in such a way as if those belonged to them. All crews were cooperative and the entire move went smoothly. When I handed over my items to the mover, I was just released; I had no worry, no headache for any longer. I knew the items were in good hands and I was extremely correct. The result I found when they delivered. Everything was its previous condition, not a single scratch. There was no hidden or secret charge, quite fare rate. Here I must compliment the person whom North Van Lines sent to estimate, His quote was very close to the final rate. I would like to thank them again and hope they will be available if I ever move.|
|Review by : Luie
Posted on : 2/28/2017
|A Well-Rounded Service|
North Van Lines Inc
|Customer service matters a lot for any good company. North Van Lines just nailed it. The people were prompt and responsive. Besides, they didn’t keep running to clarify their doubts from someone else but had good product knowledge. They were professional, prompt and gave me an all-rounded package. It fell within my proposed budget line. About three guys dropped in at my home on time. They started packing and moving goods. The truck arrived and it was loaded. I didn’t have to move a finger except to instruct them at some points. If someone is going to move, I will suggest this company without hesitation.|
|Review by : Alexander
Posted on : 2/27/2017
Iowa Moving Companies and IA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Iowa Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured IA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Iowa or from IA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Iowa residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Iowa has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Iowa long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or IA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want IA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Iowa movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of IA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Iowa at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Iowa, IA
Capitol Heights, IA
Cedar Falls, IA
Charles City, IA
Des Moines, IA
Forest City, IA
Mason City, IA
Mount Vernon, IA
North Liberty, IA
West Des Moines
Windsor Heights, IA
Find Other Moving Services near Iowa
Moving to Iowa?
Iowa became a state in the 1840s and had been inhabited for centuries by Paleo Indians. The state has archaeological sites that show settlements dating back to more than 8,000 years ago. Iowa has been a home to many natural resources such as furs and gold and more than nine-tenths of the state is devoted to agriculture. The state has rich soils, gently rolling hills and ample precipitation suitable for mechanized agriculture. The state is bound by the Mississippi river to the east and the Missouri river to the west.
Iowa plays an important role in the presidential election, and attracts national attention for holding the caucus that is always “first in the nation.” The residents of Iowa have a lifestyle and a heart which is indicative of their friendly ways, and that state always has a beautiful atmosphere.
If you’re moving to Iowa, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Iowa
- Temperatures in Iowa vary widely during the year. The annual average temperature recorded is 49 F. The state averages around 166 days of full sunshine and 199 cloudy or partly cloudy days each year. The statewide snowfall average is around 30 inches (76 cm) annually, and the relative humidity averages 72 percent. In the central part of the state the normal daily maximum temperature recorded is 86 F (30 C) in July and the lowest temperature recorded is 10 F in January. The annual precipitation of the state is averaged of 34.7 inches (88 cm). (Helpful Link: Iowa Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Iowa after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 30 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. The two documents required for registering your vehicle are the current ownership document and a completed application for an Iowa certificate of title. (Helpful Link: Iowa DMV)
- Obtaining an Iowa Driver’s License: An Iowa Driver’s License can be obtained at any Iowa DMV location. The state requires new Iowa residents to update their license from their previous state to an Iowa driver’s license. To apply for a new driver’s license in the state of Iowa, you must present proof of identity and you must also pass a vision test as well.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Iowa is $178,162, while the median sales price is just over $150,500. The Iowa Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Iowa.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Iowa State Moving Resource Page)
- The Iowa Department of Education works with the Iowa State Board of Education in providing all of its students with a lot of oversight, supervision, and supportive programs for the state education system of the public elementary and secondary schools, non-public schools, area education agencies, community colleges, and teacher preparation programs. These programs are designed to provide all of the students of Iowa with the best resources to develop their social skills and for overall development. Some of the major universities located in Iowa include the University of Northern Iowa, Iowa State University of Science and Technology, the University of Iowa, and Iowa State University. (Helpful Link: Iowa Schools)
As of 2011, Iowa was ranked 18th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 20 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Iowa
The top five agricultural products produced in Iowa, in terms of revenue generated, are corn for grain, soybeans, cattle and calves, dairy products, and hogs. Machinery production is Iowa’s second leading manufacturing activity followed by the production of electrical equipment; Des Moines is the leading insurance center in the state of Iowa. The wholesale and the retail industries are Iowa’s leading service industries. The community, business, and personal service industries, along with the finance, real estate, and service industries also contribute to the overall economy of Iowa.
- As of early 2012, the state of Iowa had an unemployment rate of 5.2 percent, which is well below the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Iowa Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Iowa is $48,872, while the average per capita income for the state is $25,335.
Important Locations in Iowa
- State Capital: Des Moines
- Largest Cities:
- Des Moines
- Cedar Rapids
- Sioux City
- Iowa City
- Council Bluffs
- Major landmarks and attractions: Freedom Rock; Field of Dreams; Kaleidoscope Factory; Blank Park Zoo; The Lost Island Water Park; Jethro’s BBQ; Snake Alley; Trinity Heights (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Iowa )
- National Parks:
- Effigy Mounds National Monument
- Silos and Smokestacks National Heritage Area
- State park System: The state park system of Iowa offers every individual with the best quality of parks and beautiful locations which are ideal for vacations. Some of the state parks in Iowa are Bellevue State Park, Big Creek State Park, Bigelow State Park, Bixby State Park, Cedar Rock State Park, Cold Springs State Park, and Eagle Lake State Park. These parks provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Iowa by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Iowa Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Des Moines International Airport
- Eastern Iowa Airport
- Dubuque Regional Airport
- Waterloo Regional Airport