|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Kansas.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Ask About Extra Costs |
Don’t be afraid to ask the moving company questions about extra fees that may come up. If you haven’t used adequate materials in packing your belongings, you can be charged for packing supplies. There may be extra fees for moving from a big city. They may charge you extra for any number of reasons, so it’s important to make sure that you have an idea of everything that they want to charge you either up front or just make sure that you’re clear on why they’re charging you extra.
How to Find Plant Movers |
If you spend a lot of time caring for the plants in your home, or if you have particularly expensive plants, you probably won't want to throw them away when you move into a new home. Thankfully, you have an alternative. There are movers who specialize specifically in moving plants. They will help ensure that your plants make it safely to your new home.
Finding Cross Country Movers |
Moving all the way across the country can be a difficult task, and that's even before you get to hiring a moving company to take care of the job for you. But aside from all of the planning and preparation, and especially all of the packing that has to be done, you also have to find a good reliable cross country mover to handle your relocation. This guide will give you some pointers on how to find that cross country moving company that's right for your move.
Learn to Spot Good Service |
When the company gives you an estimate, a sign of good service will be them showing up to your house to do a thorough survey of the home. They should also provide you with all the documents you’re meant to have including the Bill of Lading, the inventory list and a copy of "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" - a booklet created by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that lays out everything required of a moving company. Another tip is to search for reviews of the company
Keep your movers happy |
There are some things you simply shouldn’t say to your movers on moving day. Your movers are sometimes hired laborers who have little to do with the moving company so complaining about other aspects of the move will not help you. Keep this in mind when dealing with them. Also, be sure to give them plenty of space, but still supervise and direct them as needed. Happy movers are more likely to do a better job.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Kansas Moving Companies and KS Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Kansas Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured KS Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Kansas or from KS.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Kansas residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Kansas has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Kansas long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or KS out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want KS full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Kansas movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of KS moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Kansas at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Kansas, KS
|El Dorado, KS|
Garden City, KS
Great Bend, KS
Junction City, KS
|Kansas City, KS|
Park City, KS
Prairie Village, KS
Valley Center, KS
Find Other Moving Services near Kansas
Moving to Kansas?
The state of Kansas is situated in the midst of the American Great Plains and is often referred to as “America’s Heartland.” Kansas is known for its contributions to jazz music and barbecue, and is also the setting of L. Frank Baum’s classic children’s book, and later the feature film, “The Wizard of Oz.” The famous line uttered by Judy Garland in the classic film, “We’re not in Kansas anymore,” was meant to signify that the characters had landed in a strange place, but also perfectly characterizes the state as a warm, comfortable place that just about anyone can feel right at home in.
Kansas is about as close to being the geographic center of America as possible, and because of that it is often seen as one of the state’s that most closely typifies what quintessential “American life” is like, from centuries ago up until now.
If you’re moving to Kansas, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Kansas
- The state has an average of 230 sunny days per year and the highest average temperature recorded annually is around 92 degrees. The lowest average temperatures typically occur in January, when it can drop to as low as 18 degrees. The comfort index of the state, which is based on humidity, is 31/100 and the U.S as a whole is around 44.The state gets 32 inches of rainfall every year and the average yearly snowfall recorded in the state is 16 inches. The precipitation recorded in the state is about 70-77 percent. The state is prone to a lot of tornadoes, with an average speed of 14 mph (23 kph). Dodge City is said to be the windiest city in the U.S. (Helpful Link: Kansas Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Kansas after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 90 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: Kansas DMV)
- Obtaining a Kansas Driver’s License: A Kansas Driver’s License can be obtained at any Kansas DMV location. The state requires new Kansas residents to update their license from their previous state to a Kansas driver’s license as soon as possible after establishing permanent residency in the state. A driving test does not have to be taken if you have a currently valid out-of-state license, but supplemental driving courses are available.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Kansas is $201,198, while the median sales price is just over $59,044. The Kansas Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Kansas.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Kansas State Moving Resource Page)
- The Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) and the Kansas Association for Conversation and Environmental Education (KACEE) have announced recently that Brookwood Elementary, Eisenhower High School and Erie High School are among the 78 schools named U.S Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools. The state is also among the 29 states with schools receiving their first- ever awards. In addition, there are a lot of special education programs available for students who are moving to the state. Some of the most well-known universities located in Kansas are the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, Emporia State University, and Wichita State University, among many others. (Helpful Link: Kansas Schools)
As of 2011, Kansas was ranked 29th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Kansas
Kansas ranks seventh among all states for total agricultural production. The state’s top five agricultural products in terms of the revenue generated are soybeans, wheat, corn for grain, cattle and calves and hogs. The primary products manufactured in the state are transportation equipment, such as light aircraft, military aircraft, missiles, air craft parts, railroad freight cars and railroad passenger cars. Business services, community services, personal services and government services also add to the overall Kansas’s state revenue. Petroleum and natural gas are the most mined products of the state.
- As of early 2012, the state of Kansas had an unemployment rate of 6.2 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Kansas Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Kansas is $49,424, while the average per capita income for the state is $25,907.
Important Locations in Kansas
- State Capital: Topeka
- Largest Cities:
- Overland Park
- Kansas City
- Major landmarks and attractions: Little House on the Prairie; Celebration of Freedom Memorial; Memorial Hall; Konza Prairie; Old Prairie Town at Ward Meade Historic Site; Heritage Walk On the Square; Thomas County Courthouse; First National Bank Building; Grinter State Historical Site (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Kansas )
- National Parks:
- Fort Larned National Historic Site
- Fort Scott National Historic Site
- Nicodemus National Historic Site
- Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve
- State park System: Kansas has a lot of state parks which are filled with greenery and scenery alike, and also a lot of history and tradition as well. These parks are great places for anyone to have fun and they provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Kansas by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Kansas Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport
- Manhattan Regional Airport
- Garden City Regional Airport