|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Kansas.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Pickup and Delivery Service |
Want to have all of your boxes loaded onto a truck and driven to your destination, without the expenses of a full-service move? Then consider using a pickup and delivery service from your moving company. With this option, you simply pack everything yourself, and the movers will come to your house, place the goods in the truck, drive to your destination, and then unload everything.
Compare as many moving companies ... |
Each moving company has different pricing, policies, and capabilities. In order to find a good price for your moving job, you should compare many estimates. Different movers may also have hidden fees that you may need ask about and compare, as well.
Miami Moving Guides and Tips |
The sunshine state is a culturally diverse melting pot and people from all over flock to the sunny, sandy beaches of Miami for a relaxing, laid-back lifestyle that can't be found anywhere else. Prepare yourself for your move to Miami with the helpful tips and advice in this guide, so that you can be ready for anything that comes your way and so that you'll know exactly what to expect when you arrive in your new home in Miami.
Items Not Allowed on a Moving Truck |
Be sure to donate or properly dispose of any unwanted goods, and items you will not be able to transport on a commercial moving truck. Typically, movers will not move dangerous/hazardous items like chemicals or any machinery filled with gasoline, matches, explosives, ammunition aerosol cans, etc. Plants and animals will also need to be moved separately. It is not advised to put any personal documents on the moving truck like social security cards, deeds, stocks, car titles, etc.
Saving Money While Moving |
Moving can be expensive, but with some tricks up your sleeve you might save a few bucks. Reuse packing material or use alternative materials that you already have like towels and t-shirts for packing up fragile items. Move during the off-seasons of fall and winter. Write off some of your relocating expenses. Pack your own stuff – you won’t spend money on a service and you’ll be sure you packed everything. Downsizing your stuff will also help save you money. Most shipping companies charge by weig
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Kansas Moving Companies and KS Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Kansas Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured KS Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Kansas or from KS.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Kansas residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Kansas has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Kansas long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or KS out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want KS full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Kansas movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of KS moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Kansas at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Kansas, KS
|El Dorado, KS|
Garden City, KS
Great Bend, KS
Junction City, KS
|Kansas City, KS|
Park City, KS
Prairie Village, KS
Valley Center, KS
Find Other Moving Services near Kansas
Moving to Kansas?
The state of Kansas is situated in the midst of the American Great Plains and is often referred to as “America’s Heartland.” Kansas is known for its contributions to jazz music and barbecue, and is also the setting of L. Frank Baum’s classic children’s book, and later the feature film, “The Wizard of Oz.” The famous line uttered by Judy Garland in the classic film, “We’re not in Kansas anymore,” was meant to signify that the characters had landed in a strange place, but also perfectly characterizes the state as a warm, comfortable place that just about anyone can feel right at home in.
Kansas is about as close to being the geographic center of America as possible, and because of that it is often seen as one of the state’s that most closely typifies what quintessential “American life” is like, from centuries ago up until now.
If you’re moving to Kansas, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Kansas
- The state has an average of 230 sunny days per year and the highest average temperature recorded annually is around 92 degrees. The lowest average temperatures typically occur in January, when it can drop to as low as 18 degrees. The comfort index of the state, which is based on humidity, is 31/100 and the U.S as a whole is around 44.The state gets 32 inches of rainfall every year and the average yearly snowfall recorded in the state is 16 inches. The precipitation recorded in the state is about 70-77 percent. The state is prone to a lot of tornadoes, with an average speed of 14 mph (23 kph). Dodge City is said to be the windiest city in the U.S. (Helpful Link: Kansas Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Kansas after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 90 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: Kansas DMV)
- Obtaining a Kansas Driver’s License: A Kansas Driver’s License can be obtained at any Kansas DMV location. The state requires new Kansas residents to update their license from their previous state to a Kansas driver’s license as soon as possible after establishing permanent residency in the state. A driving test does not have to be taken if you have a currently valid out-of-state license, but supplemental driving courses are available.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Kansas is $201,198, while the median sales price is just over $59,044. The Kansas Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Kansas.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Kansas State Moving Resource Page)
- The Kansas State Department of Education (KSDE) and the Kansas Association for Conversation and Environmental Education (KACEE) have announced recently that Brookwood Elementary, Eisenhower High School and Erie High School are among the 78 schools named U.S Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools. The state is also among the 29 states with schools receiving their first- ever awards. In addition, there are a lot of special education programs available for students who are moving to the state. Some of the most well-known universities located in Kansas are the University of Kansas, Kansas State University, Emporia State University, and Wichita State University, among many others. (Helpful Link: Kansas Schools)
As of 2011, Kansas was ranked 29th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Kansas
Kansas ranks seventh among all states for total agricultural production. The state’s top five agricultural products in terms of the revenue generated are soybeans, wheat, corn for grain, cattle and calves and hogs. The primary products manufactured in the state are transportation equipment, such as light aircraft, military aircraft, missiles, air craft parts, railroad freight cars and railroad passenger cars. Business services, community services, personal services and government services also add to the overall Kansas’s state revenue. Petroleum and natural gas are the most mined products of the state.
- As of early 2012, the state of Kansas had an unemployment rate of 6.2 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Kansas Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Kansas is $49,424, while the average per capita income for the state is $25,907.
Important Locations in Kansas
- State Capital: Topeka
- Largest Cities:
- Overland Park
- Kansas City
- Major landmarks and attractions: Little House on the Prairie; Celebration of Freedom Memorial; Memorial Hall; Konza Prairie; Old Prairie Town at Ward Meade Historic Site; Heritage Walk On the Square; Thomas County Courthouse; First National Bank Building; Grinter State Historical Site (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Kansas )
- National Parks:
- Fort Larned National Historic Site
- Fort Scott National Historic Site
- Nicodemus National Historic Site
- Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve
- State park System: Kansas has a lot of state parks which are filled with greenery and scenery alike, and also a lot of history and tradition as well. These parks are great places for anyone to have fun and they provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Kansas by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Kansas Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport
- Manhattan Regional Airport
- Garden City Regional Airport