|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Louisiana.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Always Check a Moving Company’s ... |
Make sure your interstate mover is reliable by verifying their USDOT number on the FMCSA website.
Use Labels, Stickers and Lists |
Using labels, stickers and lists will undoubtedly keep you organized during your move. Color coding each room will make unpacking your moving truck that much easier and quicker. Labeling each box’s contents will make unpacking them smoother and you won’t be opening numerous boxes to find your coffee mugs the day after you move.
Phone Estimate vs. In-House ... |
When you set out into the wide world of moving companies competing for your business, you’re most likely going to come across more than one who stands out among all the rest. Making tough decisions is an integral part of the moving process, and one of those decisions that you’ll have to make along the way is choosing a moving company. In the process of choosing a moving company you will be comparing estimates from several movers and you may receive those estimates one of two ways: over the phone
Learn to Spot Good Service |
When the company gives you an estimate, a sign of good service will be them showing up to your house to do a thorough survey of the home. They should also provide you with all the documents you’re meant to have including the Bill of Lading, the inventory list and a copy of "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" - a booklet created by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that lays out everything required of a moving company. Another tip is to search for reviews of the company
Get Multiple Estimates |
When moving, make sure you get at least three estimates from different companies so that you can properly compare their services with your budget.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|They're very good, you should hire ...|
Abba Movers and Labor
|It went very well. It was smooth as can be. They did a real good job. ...They were all nice, very well mannered.|
|Review by : Georgia
Posted on : 4/20/2015
|They're great, go ahead and use ...|
|They were really good. They showed up, it was raining, it was a really rough day. But yeah, they got us moved and it was pretty reasonable. They were good with the price and everything. We were pretty happy.|
|Review by : Leslie
Posted on : 4/10/2015
|Everything was very well-handled.|
|Our move was excellent. I mean, everything was very well-handled. They were efficient, they called frequently - daily to check on progress of the pack, the move and then the unload. They kept on top of things, made sure everything was running smoothly. It was just a really good experience.|
|Review by : Andrew
Posted on : 3/27/2015
Louisiana Moving Companies and LA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Louisiana Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured LA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Louisiana or from LA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Louisiana residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Louisiana has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Louisiana long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or LA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want LA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Louisiana movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of LA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Louisiana at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Louisiana, LA
Bridge City, LA
Cedar Grove, LA
North Shore, LA
Pearl River, LA
Saint Rose, LA
West Monroe, LA
Find Other Moving Services near Louisiana
Moving to Louisiana?
One of the most culturally diverse and unique southern states, Louisiana seems to be a whole different country all on its own. Those who have lived in Louisiana or even visited for just a few days can tell you how enchanting of a place it is. From the allure of great food, the colorful Creole and Cajun culture, the uplifting sound of jazz music and the vibrant nightlife in New Orleans that attracts millions of people every year, to the comforting sense of community that you get from the people who live there, Louisiana is truly a hidden gem.
The resiliency of the state and the city of New Orleans to rebound from the disaster of Hurricane Katrina even stronger is a true sign of the strength of the people from Louisiana. It is a place where one can experience an array of different sights, sounds, smells and tastes, and still never fully experience it all.
If you’re moving to Louisiana, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Louisiana
- Located in the southern United States on the Gulf of Mexico, the state of Louisiana features a subtropical climate that is relatively mild, albeit humid during the summer months. At that time of year, temperatures can hit the upper 80s and low 90s, although the humidity can often add to that in terms of how hot it feels. During the rest of the year though, the temperature tends to stay mild, with fall and winter temperatures rarely dropping below freezing and spring temperatures hovering in the 60s and 70s. (Helpful Link: Louisiana Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Louisiana after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 30 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: Louisiana DMV)
- Obtaining a Louisiana Driver’s License: A Louisiana Driver’s License can be obtained at any Louisiana OMV (Office of Motor Vehicles) location. The state requires new Louisiana residents to update their license from their previous state to a Louisiana driver’s license by providing proof of insurance and registration of the vehicle in the state of Louisiana. If you fail to update your driver’s license you may have to pay a fine.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Louisiana is $209,391, while the median sales price is just over $165,000. The Louisiana Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Louisiana.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Louisiana State Moving Resource Page)
- The state of Louisiana is broken into different areas called parishes. Each parish, which would be comparable to a county or township in most other states, has its own individual school district. There are hundreds of different school districts spread throughout the state, each containing varying levels of education ranging from elementary school to middle and junior high school to the high school level. In addition, there are a number of well-known colleges and universities located within the state such as Louisiana State University, Grambling State University, Louisiana Tech University, the University of Louisiana-Lafayette, the University of Louisiana-Monroe, McNeese State University, and Southeastern Louisiana University. (Helpful Link: Louisiana Schools)
As of 2011, Louisiana was ranked 44th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 45 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Louisiana
Its prime location on the Gulf Coast makes Louisiana one of the biggest producers of seafood in the world. The fishing industry is one of the driving forces of Louisiana’s economy and also one of the most reliable and consistent forms of state revenue, right alongside the bustling tourism industry. Although the fishing industry was threatened in 2010 by the BP oil leak, the industry has since recovered. Louisiana is the biggest producer of crawfish in the world, accounting for almost 90 percent of the world’s supply. Also, there is a thriving film industry in the New Orleans area as well. The Port of South Louisiana is the largest volume shipping port in the western hemisphere.
- As of early 2012, the state of Louisiana had an unemployment rate of 7.1 percent, which is lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Louisiana Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Louisiana is $43,445, while the average per capita income for the state is $23,094.
Important Locations in Louisiana
- State Capital: Baton Rouge
- Largest Cities:
- New Orleans
- Baton Rouge
- Major landmarks and attractions: Bourbon Street; Abita Mystery House; the French Quarter; Café du Monde; Global Wildlife Center; Blue Bayou; Swamp Tour; Melrose Plantation; the Lalaurie House; Acme Oyster House; Pat O’Brien’s; Superdome (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Louisiana)
- National Parks:
- Cane River Creole National Historical Park
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park
- Cane River National Heritage Area
- State park System: Located on the Gulf Coast, and also featuring the mighty Mississippi River running down the center of the state, Louisiana is full of beautiful natural landscapes that are among some of the best in the southeastern United State. The state park system of Louisiana, featuring a total of 22 state parks located throughout the state, provides many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Louisiana by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Louisiana Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport
- Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport
- Alexandria International Airport
- Shreveport Regional Airport
- Lafayette Regional Airport