|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Massachusetts.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Moving with Kids |
Moving is already difficult, and so are children. But imagine the difficulty that arises when you combine the two. Moving with young children can be extremely hard, especially with everything else that is going on in your life around your impending moving day. Here’s a guide on how to make moving with children easier.
The Meaning of US DOT Numbers |
US DOT numbers are an important piece of information that will let you in on a moving company’s prior history and let you know where the company is legally allowed to operate, as well as if they company is legitimate and reputable. These numbers are important and can help you in your decision of whether or not to hire a moving company.
How Long Does it Take Movers to ... |
Packing can be a time-consuming and exhausting process, but it's also a vital one and one of the most important parts of the moving process. You can choose to handle it yourself if you like a challenge, or you may choose to hire trained professionals to take care of the job for you. If you take the second road, you might be wondering how long it would take them to pack your house and what kind of factors go into figuring out how the process works.
Finding a Moving Company for Your ... |
When you need to find a moving company, a great place to start looking is by filling out a free quote form right here. Up to seven qualified moving companies from your area will contact you for estimates. Be sure to read any reviews the company may have before choosing them.
Common Company Policies |
If you’ll be using their packing services make sure that they do an in-house survey. It will give them a better idea of what you’ll be moving and you can ask them more questions. When loading and unloading they should have all the proper equipment to prevent damage to you items and to prevent injury to themselves and to you.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Massachusetts Moving Companies and MA Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Massachusetts Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured MA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Massachusetts or from MA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Massachusetts residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Massachusetts has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Massachusetts long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or MA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want MA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Massachusetts movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of MA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Massachusetts at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Massachusetts, MA
Chestnut Hill, MA
Fall River, MA
New Bedford, MA
South Amherst, MA
Find Other Moving Services near Massachusetts
Moving to Massachusetts?
Massachusetts is one of the most unique states in the country simply for its wealth of history and culture. Massachusetts is a leading manufacturing center and it also happens to be state where the first sewing machine was created way back in 1845. It is also the first state to have a public park, the first church and the first college, which was built by free African Americans. The first beach, Revere Beach, is also located in Massachusetts.
Massachusetts has been the home to many famous leaders of our nation over the years, as well as many other great minds. Some of these people include John Adams and his cousin Samuel Adams, John Quincy Adams, Susan B. Anthony, Benjamin Franklin, Paul Revere and the Kennedy family. Famous authors such as Emily Dickson and Dr. Seuss also come from Massachusetts.
If you are planning to move to Massachusetts, there are a lot of things you got to know, and luckily you have found the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Massachusetts
- July is the hottest month in the state, averaging about 71 F( 22 C) and January is the coldest month with an average temperature of 26 F(3 C). The state has a temperate climate. The climate is colder across the state and is drier across the western region. The winter snowfalls are more severe. The annual precipitation averages 42 inches (1.070 mm) in Boston and 44 to 45 inches in Worcester and Pittsfield. The central and western part of Massachusetts can be slightly more humid than the coast during the summer, and also may receive a high amount of snowfall. One of the main attractions in Massachusetts however, is the perfect fall weather. (Helpful Link: Massachusetts Weather)
- Registering your Car: It is necessary for you to have Massachusetts insurance in order to obtain motor vehicle registration. You must have the insurance agent stamp on your application for the vehicle to be registered. Once the application has the insurance stamp, you can take it to any Massachusetts RMV office for processing. You will then receive a registration certificate and registrations must be renewed yearly. (Helpful Link: Massachusetts DMV)
- Obtaining a Massachusetts Driver’s License: If you already have a driver’s license from the state you have moved, you must go to the Massachusetts RMV location and get your license transferred to Massachusetts. You must also submit to a mandatory vision test and pay a transfer fee. And in case you do not have a valid license, you must go through the process of applying for a permit and license. If you are under the age of 18, you will be eligible for a junior operator’s license.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Massachusetts is $513,125, while the median sales price is just over $310,000. The Massachusetts Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Massachusetts.
- Moving and Storage: When you are planning to hire a moving and storage company, you must be careful and make sure that you choose a reliable and reputable moving corporation. You must make sure that the moving company is providing insurance and offers a quality service. There are a lot of moving and storage companies available to do the job for you. You can log on to the following link to know more about the moving and storage companies. (Helpful Link: Massachusetts State Moving Resource Page)
- Massachusetts Act of 1642 was the first major step on the road to compulsory education. The Massachusetts public higher education system serves more than 260,000 students annually, and has been awarded 33,000 degrees and certificates. The public higher education institutions have participated in several system-wide programs including MassTransfer , the commonwealth dual enrollment program, and the commonwealth honors program. Along with the extensive public school systems that can be found throughout Massachusetts, the state is also well-known for its prestigious collegiate institutions found in and around the Boston area. Many of the college and universities in Massachusetts are among the first in America and include Harvard, MIT, the University of Massachusetts, Boston University, Northeastern University, Boston College and many others. (Helpful Link: Massachusetts Schools)
As of 2011, Massachusetts was ranked 34th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Massachusetts
The top five agricultural products that Massachusetts produces are greenhouse products, nursery products, cranberries, dairy products, sweet corn and apples. The state is a nationwide leader in the manufacturing of computer and electronic products. The manufacturing of communication equipment and automation control devices, fabricated metal products, and chemical products such as pharmaceuticals are also a major contributor to the state’s income. The state’s mining income is dependent on sand, gravel and crushed stone. Massachusetts is also one of the leading commercial fishing states. Finance, insurance and real estate rank second in the state, followed by wholesale and retail trade, which ranks third.
As of early 2012, the employment RSE in Massachusetts is 0.4%. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics the unemployment rate in Massachusetts as of Feb 2012 is 6.9%. (Helpful Link: Massachusetts Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Massachusetts is $60,923, while the average per capita income for the state is $33,966.
Important Locations in Massachusetts
- State Capital: Boston
- Largest Cities:
- Cape Cod
- Major landmarks and attractions: Battle of Lexington & Concord Re-enactment; Harvard Square; the Paul Revere House; Old North Church; Trinity church; John F. Kennedy National Historic site; Old South church; Man at the Wheel statue; Boston lyrics opera; Longfellow National Historic Site; Freedom Trail; Faneuil Hall and Marketplace; Boston Commons; Charles River
- National Parks:
- Adams National Historical Park
- Boston National Historical Park
- Lowell National Historical Park
- Minute Man National Historical Park
- New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park
- State park System: The state parks and forests of Massachusetts are some of the most treasured areas of the state. You can have a magnificent experience and connect with nature while going for a natural hike, bike, climb, swim or paddle. The state has one of the largest park systems in the entire country, some of which are Myles Standish State Forest, Harold Parker State Forest, Nickerson State Park, Mount Greylock Reservation, and Maudslay State Park.
- Major Airports:
- Boston Logan International Airport
- Nantucket Memorial Airport
- New Bedford Regional Airport
- Fitchburg Municipal Airport