|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Michigan.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
What is Freight Service? |
Freight service refers to when you use a moving company to transport your belongings from one place to another. Meaning, the company does not pack, load or unload your goods for you. Typically, your load will be FTL or LTL.
Green Moving Tips |
The environment should always be at the back of our minds, even when undergoing major life changes like moving to a new home. Everything you do during the moving process can have an impact on the environment, even packing. Thinking about the environment when you move helps you stay environmentally sound by recycling and reusing packing materials and doing your move the green way.
How to Find Plant Movers |
If you spend a lot of time caring for the plants in your home, or if you have particularly expensive plants, you probably won't want to throw them away when you move into a new home. Thankfully, you have an alternative. There are movers who specialize specifically in moving plants. They will help ensure that your plants make it safely to your new home.
Get an In-House Estimate |
While getting quotes online is a time saver, you should always insist on an in-house estimate before committing to a moving company. The movers need to assess the size and weight of your items in order to determine an accurate price.
What are Stair Carries? |
Also known as a flight carry, a stair carry is when your movers have to bring your belongings up or down at least one flight of stairs. Since moving things up and down a flight of stairs requires a lot more time and labor, most moving companies will charge you an extra fee for stair carries. Any reputable moving company will tell you about these fees ahead of time, usually at the time of the estimate.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
All Area Moving
|Me and my family have used this company many times. Great workers, the owner is so nice and friendly, they really go the extra mile. |
|Review by : Victoria
Posted on : 1/13/2017
|Halloween Move - October 31, 2016|
|I was very pleased with Integrity Movers and would highly recommend them. Before the move, the owner visits your home, gives a detailed description of the process, and then provides a written estimate. In my case, the actual price was a bit higher than the estimate because the move took about 30 minutes longer than expected. The movers arrived on time, were courteous, had a great attitude, and most importantly, were careful handling my belongings. I also appreciate the fact this is a local, family-run business. Overall, great job! I should also add the pricing was reasonable, and the crew does not bill for breaks. (Only two 15 minutes breaks were taken during a five hour stretch. The guys worked hard.)|
|Review by : Mark
Posted on : 11/13/2016
|Took the initiative|
Economy Van Lines
|I like that John took the initiative in some tasks and didn't need constant instruction or supervision. The work we did was only a drop in the bucket compared to what needs to be accomplished, so I'm definitely re-hiring|
|Review by : Abel
Posted on : 1/5/2016
Michigan Moving Companies and MI Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Michigan Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured MI Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Michigan or from MI.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Michigan residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Michigan has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Michigan long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or MI out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want MI full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Michigan movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of MI moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Michigan at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Michigan, MI
Battle Creek, MI
Bay City, MI
Garden City, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Harrison Township, MI
Highland Park, MI
Lincoln Park, MI
Madison Heights, MI
Mount Morris, MI
Mt Pleasant, MI
New Baltimore, MI
Oak Park, MI
Royal Oak, MI
Sault Sainte Marie
St Joseph, MI
Van Buren Township
West Bloomfield, MI
White Lake, MI
Find Other Moving Services near Michigan
Moving to Michigan?
Michigan is known for its spectacular cities and pristine wilderness. It is a home to more than 11,000 lakes. Michigan gets its name from Lake Michigan of the Great Lakes. One can find tranquillity in every corner of every street among the busy factories and crowded thoroughfares. The state has around 150 lighthouses, the most out of any US state. The first lighthouses in Michigan were built in 1818 and 1822, and were used to project light at night and serve as a landmark for sailors.
The state is also a home for many interesting and famous people such as Henry Ford who was the inventor of Ford Automobiles, Thomas Alva Edison who invented the electric bulb, and Charles Lindbergh, who was the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean alone in a plane.
If you are moving to Michigan, there are a lot of things you need to know, and luckily you have come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Michigan
- Michigan has a moderate temperature climate with well defined seasons. The warmest temperatures in the state are found in the southern part of the Lower Peninsula, which also boasts of having the longest frost-free period. The state has more cloudy days than most of the other states. The normal daily mean temperature in Detroit is 49F (9C) which has a range of 23F (-5C) in January to 72F (22C) in July. The greatest snowfall is found in the extreme northern areas. Annual relative humidity in Detroit is 81% at 7AM, which is more likely because of the condensation from the Great Lakes. Heavy storm activity occurs in the southern half of the Lower Peninsula. The tornado season is seen during late spring and early summer in the state. (Helpful Link: Michigan Weather)
- Registering your Car: In order to register your vehicle in the state of Michigan, it is necessary that you have no-fault insurance papers with you. You cannot register your vehicle without these papers. You must also have proof of identification and must go to the Secretary of State (SOS) and follow the procedure for registering your vehicle. You can visit following link for further information about registering your vehicle in Michigan. (Helpful Link: Michigan DMV)
- Obtaining a Michigan Driver’s License: Applying for a new driver’s license is easy, there are Secretary of State branch offices that are present across both peninsulas. The lines at smaller offices are much shorter.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Michigan is $195,716, while the median sales price is just over $123,192. The Michigan Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Michigan.
- Moving and Storage: If you are moving to Michigan, you can find many moving and storage companies that will help you with the relocation process. You must also make sure that the companies are registered and are providing their customers with the proper insurance.
- Michigan has been a leader in public education and the legacy is still continuing as the board members are currently working to improve public education through recommendations and actions which also have resulted in key legislative changes throughout the schools systems in the state. There are also new interactive education platforms for students at the University of Michigan and University of Peninsula. Among the many diverse public educational institutions for children in elementary school through high school, Michigan is also home to a number of institutions of higher education such as the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, the University of Western Michigan, Detroit University, and many others. (Helpful Link: Michigan Schools)
As of 2011, Michigan was ranked 38th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Michigan
In terms of revenue generated, the top agricultural products of Michigan are dairy products, greenhouse and nursery products, corn for grains, soybeans, cattle and calves. Michigan is also famous for manufacturing transportation equipment and production machinery. Michigan ranks second in the wholesale and retail sector, and third in finance, retail and insurance.
As of early 2012, the state of Michigan had an unemployment rate of 8.8 percent, which is close to the average rate when compared to the current state of employment in other regions around the country. (Helpful Link: Michigan Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Illinois is $44,667, while the average per capita income for the state is $22,168. In 2011, the personal income grew by 5.2 percent and it is the 16th fastest rate of growth among states.
Important Locations in Michigan