|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Michigan.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
How to Find Plant Movers |
If you spend a lot of time caring for the plants in your home, or if you have particularly expensive plants, you probably won't want to throw them away when you move into a new home. Thankfully, you have an alternative. There are movers who specialize specifically in moving plants. They will help ensure that your plants make it safely to your new home.
Learn to Spot Good Service |
When the company gives you an estimate, a sign of good service will be them showing up to your house to do a thorough survey of the home. They should also provide you with all the documents you’re meant to have including the Bill of Lading, the inventory list and a copy of "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" - a booklet created by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that lays out everything required of a moving company. Another tip is to search for reviews of the company
Finding Cross Country Movers |
Moving all the way across the country can be a difficult task, and that's even before you get to hiring a moving company to take care of the job for you. But aside from all of the planning and preparation, and especially all of the packing that has to be done, you also have to find a good reliable cross country mover to handle your relocation. This guide will give you some pointers on how to find that cross country moving company that's right for your move.
Keep your movers happy |
There are some things you simply shouldn’t say to your movers on moving day. Your movers are sometimes hired laborers who have little to do with the moving company so complaining about other aspects of the move will not help you. Keep this in mind when dealing with them. Also, be sure to give them plenty of space, but still supervise and direct them as needed. Happy movers are more likely to do a better job.
The Movers Duties and ... |
Your movers will have plenty of responsibilities as they carry out your move and they are responsible for more than just transporting your goods from place to place. It is important to understand exactly what their responsibilities are. By knowing your mover's duties in advance, you can be sure that your movers are doing exactly what is expected of them.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Michigan Moving Companies and MI Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Michigan Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured MI Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Michigan or from MI.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Michigan residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Michigan has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Michigan long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or MI out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want MI full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Michigan movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of MI moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Michigan at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Michigan, MI
Battle Creek, MI
Bay City, MI
Garden City, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Harrison Township, MI
Highland Park, MI
Lincoln Park, MI
Madison Heights, MI
Mount Morris, MI
Mt Pleasant, MI
New Baltimore, MI
Oak Park, MI
Royal Oak, MI
Sault Sainte Marie
St Joseph, MI
Van Buren Township
West Bloomfield, MI
White Lake, MI
Find Other Moving Services near Michigan
Moving to Michigan?
Michigan is known for its spectacular cities and pristine wilderness. It is a home to more than 11,000 lakes. Michigan gets its name from Lake Michigan of the Great Lakes. One can find tranquillity in every corner of every street among the busy factories and crowded thoroughfares. The state has around 150 lighthouses, the most out of any US state. The first lighthouses in Michigan were built in 1818 and 1822, and were used to project light at night and serve as a landmark for sailors.
The state is also a home for many interesting and famous people such as Henry Ford who was the inventor of Ford Automobiles, Thomas Alva Edison who invented the electric bulb, and Charles Lindbergh, who was the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean alone in a plane.
If you are moving to Michigan, there are a lot of things you need to know, and luckily you have come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Michigan
- Michigan has a moderate temperature climate with well defined seasons. The warmest temperatures in the state are found in the southern part of the Lower Peninsula, which also boasts of having the longest frost-free period. The state has more cloudy days than most of the other states. The normal daily mean temperature in Detroit is 49F (9C) which has a range of 23F (-5C) in January to 72F (22C) in July. The greatest snowfall is found in the extreme northern areas. Annual relative humidity in Detroit is 81% at 7AM, which is more likely because of the condensation from the Great Lakes. Heavy storm activity occurs in the southern half of the Lower Peninsula. The tornado season is seen during late spring and early summer in the state. (Helpful Link: Michigan Weather)
- Registering your Car: In order to register your vehicle in the state of Michigan, it is necessary that you have no-fault insurance papers with you. You cannot register your vehicle without these papers. You must also have proof of identification and must go to the Secretary of State (SOS) and follow the procedure for registering your vehicle. You can visit following link for further information about registering your vehicle in Michigan. (Helpful Link: Michigan DMV)
- Obtaining a Michigan Driver’s License: Applying for a new driver’s license is easy, there are Secretary of State branch offices that are present across both peninsulas. The lines at smaller offices are much shorter.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Michigan is $195,716, while the median sales price is just over $123,192. The Michigan Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Michigan.
- Moving and Storage: If you are moving to Michigan, you can find many moving and storage companies that will help you with the relocation process. You must also make sure that the companies are registered and are providing their customers with the proper insurance.
- Michigan has been a leader in public education and the legacy is still continuing as the board members are currently working to improve public education through recommendations and actions which also have resulted in key legislative changes throughout the schools systems in the state. There are also new interactive education platforms for students at the University of Michigan and University of Peninsula. Among the many diverse public educational institutions for children in elementary school through high school, Michigan is also home to a number of institutions of higher education such as the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, the University of Western Michigan, Detroit University, and many others. (Helpful Link: Michigan Schools)
As of 2011, Michigan was ranked 38th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Michigan
In terms of revenue generated, the top agricultural products of Michigan are dairy products, greenhouse and nursery products, corn for grains, soybeans, cattle and calves. Michigan is also famous for manufacturing transportation equipment and production machinery. Michigan ranks second in the wholesale and retail sector, and third in finance, retail and insurance.
As of early 2012, the state of Michigan had an unemployment rate of 8.8 percent, which is close to the average rate when compared to the current state of employment in other regions around the country. (Helpful Link: Michigan Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Illinois is $44,667, while the average per capita income for the state is $22,168. In 2011, the personal income grew by 5.2 percent and it is the 16th fastest rate of growth among states.
Important Locations in Michigan