|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Michigan.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Always check if movers are ... |
In order to be certain that you’re hiring a reputable company to handle your move, make sure they are properly licensed and registered. All interstate movers are required to register for a DOT number (Dept. of Transportation) by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Items Not Allowed on a Moving Truck |
Be sure to donate or properly dispose of any unwanted goods, and items you will not be able to transport on a commercial moving truck. Typically, movers will not move dangerous/hazardous items like chemicals or any machinery filled with gasoline, matches, explosives, ammunition aerosol cans, etc. Plants and animals will also need to be moved separately. It is not advised to put any personal documents on the moving truck like social security cards, deeds, stocks, car titles, etc.
Phoenix Moving Guides and Tips |
An oasis in the desert, Phoenix is a bustling city that offers a little bit of everything for people looking for a change of scenery with their move. Although it can be a pretty dramatic change for anyone moving from the East coast, or just about anywhere else for that matter, this guide of helpful tips and advice can help you prepare for your move to Phoenix and let you know what to expect when you arrive.
Ask About Extra Costs |
Don’t be afraid to ask the moving company questions about extra fees that may come up. If you haven’t used adequate materials in packing your belongings, you can be charged for packing supplies. There may be extra fees for moving from a big city. They may charge you extra for any number of reasons, so it’s important to make sure that you have an idea of everything that they want to charge you either up front or just make sure that you’re clear on why they’re charging you extra.
Moving During the School Year |
Many people who have children opt to move during the summer when school is out for the year, however sometimes the circumstances don't allow for easy planning and schedules to fall into place and you must move in the middle of a school year. While there are many hurdles that come with moving your kids during a school year, it can be done painlessly if you know what to expect and how to tackle the challenges as they come.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Michigan Moving Companies and MI Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Michigan Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured MI Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Michigan or from MI.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Michigan residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Michigan has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Michigan long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or MI out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want MI full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Michigan movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of MI moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Michigan at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Michigan, MI
Battle Creek, MI
Bay City, MI
Garden City, MI
Grand Rapids, MI
Harrison Township, MI
Highland Park, MI
Lincoln Park, MI
Madison Heights, MI
Mount Morris, MI
Mt Pleasant, MI
New Baltimore, MI
Oak Park, MI
Royal Oak, MI
Saint Joseph, MI
Sault Sainte Marie
St Joseph, MI
Van Buren Township
West Bloomfield, MI
White Lake, MI
Find Other Moving Services near Michigan
Moving to Michigan?
Michigan is known for its spectacular cities and pristine wilderness. It is a home to more than 11,000 lakes. Michigan gets its name from Lake Michigan of the Great Lakes. One can find tranquillity in every corner of every street among the busy factories and crowded thoroughfares. The state has around 150 lighthouses, the most out of any US state. The first lighthouses in Michigan were built in 1818 and 1822, and were used to project light at night and serve as a landmark for sailors.
The state is also a home for many interesting and famous people such as Henry Ford who was the inventor of Ford Automobiles, Thomas Alva Edison who invented the electric bulb, and Charles Lindbergh, who was the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean alone in a plane.
If you are moving to Michigan, there are a lot of things you need to know, and luckily you have come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Michigan
- Michigan has a moderate temperature climate with well defined seasons. The warmest temperatures in the state are found in the southern part of the Lower Peninsula, which also boasts of having the longest frost-free period. The state has more cloudy days than most of the other states. The normal daily mean temperature in Detroit is 49F (9C) which has a range of 23F (-5C) in January to 72F (22C) in July. The greatest snowfall is found in the extreme northern areas. Annual relative humidity in Detroit is 81% at 7AM, which is more likely because of the condensation from the Great Lakes. Heavy storm activity occurs in the southern half of the Lower Peninsula. The tornado season is seen during late spring and early summer in the state. (Helpful Link: Michigan Weather)
- Registering your Car: In order to register your vehicle in the state of Michigan, it is necessary that you have no-fault insurance papers with you. You cannot register your vehicle without these papers. You must also have proof of identification and must go to the Secretary of State (SOS) and follow the procedure for registering your vehicle. You can visit following link for further information about registering your vehicle in Michigan. (Helpful Link: Michigan DMV)
- Obtaining a Michigan Driver’s License: Applying for a new driver’s license is easy, there are Secretary of State branch offices that are present across both peninsulas. The lines at smaller offices are much shorter.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Michigan is $195,716, while the median sales price is just over $123,192. The Michigan Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Michigan.
- Moving and Storage: If you are moving to Michigan, you can find many moving and storage companies that will help you with the relocation process. You must also make sure that the companies are registered and are providing their customers with the proper insurance. (Helpful Link: Michigan State Moving Resource Page)
- Michigan has been a leader in public education and the legacy is still continuing as the board members are currently working to improve public education through recommendations and actions which also have resulted in key legislative changes throughout the schools systems in the state. There are also new interactive education platforms for students at the University of Michigan and University of Peninsula. Among the many diverse public educational institutions for children in elementary school through high school, Michigan is also home to a number of institutions of higher education such as the University of Michigan, Michigan State University, the University of Western Michigan, Detroit University, and many others. (Helpful Link: Michigan Schools)
As of 2011, Michigan was ranked 38th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Michigan
In terms of revenue generated, the top agricultural products of Michigan are dairy products, greenhouse and nursery products, corn for grains, soybeans, cattle and calves. Michigan is also famous for manufacturing transportation equipment and production machinery. Michigan ranks second in the wholesale and retail sector, and third in finance, retail and insurance.
As of early 2012, the state of Michigan had an unemployment rate of 8.8 percent, which is close to the average rate when compared to the current state of employment in other regions around the country. (Helpful Link: Michigan Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Illinois is $44,667, while the average per capita income for the state is $22,168. In 2011, the personal income grew by 5.2 percent and it is the 16th fastest rate of growth among states.
Important Locations in Michigan