|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Minnesota.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
What to Ask Your Moving Company |
Don’t forget to ask your moving company some of these questions: How long have they been operating? Ask for references. Ask for their license and insurance information. Ask them about any other charges that your move might incur. What’s important is that you choose a company that you feel comfortable with.
Boston Moving Guide and Tips |
Boston is a diverse city with something different for people of all ages and tastes. Moving to a new city like Boston can be a challenging task, as it's difficult to adjust to life in a big city, never mind a big city that is strange and unfamiliar. But Boston will make you feel at home in no time, and you can also get a few helpful tips and pointers from this guide so you can be better prepared for your move to Boston and know what to expect when you arrive.
The Movers Duties and ... |
Your movers will have plenty of responsibilities as they carry out your move and they are responsible for more than just transporting your goods from place to place. It is important to understand exactly what their responsibilities are. By knowing your mover's duties in advance, you can be sure that your movers are doing exactly what is expected of them.
Los Angeles Moving Guide and Tips |
The bright lights of Hollywood are what people normally think of when they think of Los Angeles, but the city has so much more to offer, especially if you are thinking of moving there. Whether you're moving for a change of scenery and the warm Southern California sun or because you want to make it big in Hollywood, this guide will give you some helpful tips and advice on what you need to know to be prepared for your move to Los Angeles.
Figuring Out the Cost of an ... |
Every move is unique because of the different circumstances that often compose the moving process. However, when you are getting prepared to move and planning for your upcoming relocation, you may be curious about the cost of an average move, as knowing this can better help you shape your moving budget and know just how much money you need to allocate for the move.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Minnesota Moving Companies and MN Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Minnesota Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured MN Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Minnesota or from MN.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Minnesota residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Minnesota has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Minnesota long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or MN out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want MN full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Minnesota movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of MN moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Minnesota at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Minnesota, MN
Apple Valley, MN
Big Lake, MN
Brooklyn Park, MN
Columbia Heights, MN
Cottage Grove, MN
|East Grand Forks|
East Gull Lake
Falcon Heights, MN
Forest Lake, MN
Golden Valley, MN
Grand Rapids, MN
Inver Grove Heights
Little Falls, MN
Maple Grove, MN
New Brighton, MN
New Hope, MN
New Ulm, MN
North Branch, MN
North Saint Paul
Oak Park Heights
Saint Cloud, MN
Saint Louis Park
Saint Michael, MN
Saint Paul, MN
South Saint Paul
Spring Lake Park
White Bear Lake
Find Other Moving Services near Minnesota
Moving to Minnesota?
Known as the “Land of 10,000 Lakes,” Minnesota is a state that is filled with a rich mix of cultural influences from top to bottom. From the history of Scandinavian and German settlers in the area, to the original Native American inhabitants, there is diversity throughout the state of Minnesota that is unlike anything that is found anywhere else in the country.
Add to that the bright and vibrant natural landscapes that sweep the state, filling it to the brim with lush forests and windswept prairies and the attraction of the famous Twin Cities, Minneapolis and St. Paul, and you have a state that can appeal to every individual taste and every unique personality.
If you’re moving to Minnesota, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Minnesota
- The continental climate that can be found throughout Minnesota is marked by the dramatic shift in temperature between the summer and winter seasons, a characteristic very typical of the continental climate found in the northern region of the Midwestern states. While winter temperatures have been known to drop well below freezing, even reaching as low as -60 degrees Fahrenheit at its record lowest, average summer temperatures can climb into the high 80s and 90s, depending on your location in the state. The state’s topography also makes it particularly susceptible to lots of precipitation year-round. (Helpful Link: Minnesota Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Minnesota after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 60 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: Minnesota DMV)
- Obtaining a Minnesota Driver’s License: A Minnesota Driver’s License can be obtained at any Minnesota DMV location. The state requires new Minnesota residents to update their license from their previous state to a Minnesota driver’s license by completing a written test and a vision test. If your existing out-of-state license has been expired for longer than a year, you will also be required to take a road test as well.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Minnesota is $253,761, while the median sales price is just over $196,812. The Minnesota Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Minnesota.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Minnesota State Moving Resource Page)
- Since the Minnesota Legislature opened in 1858, it has been committed to excellence in education, and one of the first acts of the legislature was to create a school. Since then, the Minnesota Board of Education has opened hundreds of public schools around the state and Minnesota students currently rank among the best in the nation with their standardized testing scores. Also, there are 32 public universities in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, as well as more than 20 private colleges. Among the most well-known institutions of higher learning located in the state are the University of Minnesota, Minnesota State University, St. Cloud State University, Winona State University, and many others. (Helpful Link: Minnesota Schools)
As of 2011, Minnesota was ranked 10th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 10 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Minnesota
The economy of Minnesota is extremely diverse. Once regarded as an economy based mostly around manufacturing and producing, Minnesota has since grown to be the home of a total of 33 of the country’s top 1,000 publicly traded companies. High-profile companies such as Target, 3M, General Mills, Hormel, Land O’ Lakes, Best Buy, Valspar, and UnitedHealth Group have their headquarters located in the state of Minnesota, and they contribute to the state’s total revenue. Minnesota also leads the nation in its production of sugar beets, sweet corn, green peas, and farm-raised turkeys.
- As of early 2012, the state of Minnesota had an unemployment rate of 5.8 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Minnesota Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Minnesota is $57,243, while the average per capita income for the state is $29,582.
Important Locations in Minnesota
- State Capital: St. Paul
- Largest Cities:
- St. Paul
- Major landmarks and attractions: The Mall of America; Superior National Forest; Cathedral of St. Paul; Heritage House; Canal Park; Mount Kato; Metrodome; Clemens Gardens (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Minnesota )
- National Parks:
- Grand Portage National Monument
- Pipestone National Monument
- Voyageurs National Park
- State park System: Minnesota has a vast network of state parks spread throughout the state. The vast diversity of landscapes that can be found throughout the state of Minnesota, thanks to its abundance of lakes and its proximity to the Mississippi River, provides many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Minnesota by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Minnesota Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- Rochester International Airport
- Duluth International Airport
- Falls International Airport
- St. Cloud Regional Airport