|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Nebraska.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Private vs. Chain Moving Companies |
Consider these things when trying to decide between a privately-owned moving company and a large chain: Price, customer service, reputation, equipment, services offered and experience. Whatever aspects matter more to you, keep those at the top of your list.
Types of Moving Vehicles |
Regardless of how far away you are moving and the amount of stuff you bring with you, you are likely to need a truck. You may plan on renting one to drive yourself, or you might decide to hire a moving company to transport your things for you. Either way, there are many different trucks and vans designed for different types of moves. The following is a list of the most common trucks and moving vans.
Types of Moving Services |
Learn about the various different kinds of moving services that moving companies may offer their customers. These moving services can typically range from full service moves, to packing and loading services and storage services, and cover almost every possible type of job that can be performed when it comes to most moves.
Common Terms Found in the Bill of ... |
During your move, you will likely come across the bill of lading. This document serves as a contract between you and your moving company and lays out all the information regarding the move. The bill of lading is full of legal jargon, which can make it difficult to understand. That being said, here are explanations of some of the tricky terms and fine print you might encounter on your bill of lading.
International movers should be ... |
The Federal Maritime Commission registers all legal moving companies that ship items overseas. If your international moving company doesn’t have a FMC number, they are operating illegally.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Nebraska Moving Companies and NE Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Nebraska Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured NE Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Nebraska or from NE.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Nebraska residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Nebraska has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Nebraska long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or NE out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want NE full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Nebraska movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of NE moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Nebraska at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Nebraska, NE
Grand Island, NE
South Sioux City
Find Other Moving Services near Nebraska
Moving to Nebraska?
The state of Nebraska was once called “The Great American Desert” by the first American explorers. The state is the top farming state in the entire world. Also, interestingly, the 9-1-1 system of emergency communication that is used throughout the nation was first used and developed in Lincoln, Nebraska.
The state of Nebraska has some of the rarest places in the entire world, including the Lied Jungle, which is the world’s largest indoor rain forest. The state also boasts of having more underground water than any other state in the continental U.S. The Niobrara River is one of the top canoeing rivers in the country and has more than 90 waterfalls. The state also has twice-yearly migrations of millions of cranes, ducks and geese, which turn the Platte River into an amazing sight for everyone in Nebraska.
If you’re moving to Nebraska, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Nebraska
- The climate of Nebraska is a continental climate. The average normal temperature in the central region is 50 F. The normal monthly maximum temperature is 76 F and the normal monthly minimum temperature is 22 F. The average yearly precipitation recorded in Omaha is around 30 inches, and the snowfall in the state varies from 21 inches to 45 inches. The state of Nebraska has been through a lot of droughts, as well as windstorms that have plagued Nebraskans throughout their history. There is also a large amount of rainfall recorded in many parts of the state, which is of course vital for cultivation and irrigation of the state’s many crops. (Helpful Link: Nebraska Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Nebraska after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 30 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. (Helpful Link: Nebraska DMV)
- Obtaining a Nebraska Driver’s License: A Nebraska Driver’s License can be obtained at any Nebraska DMV location. The state requires new Nebraska residents to update their license from their previous state to a Nebraska driver’s license within 30 days of moving. If you fail to update your driver’s license within this 30-day window, you may have to pay a fine.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Nebraska is $197,463, while the median sales price is just over $150,000. The Nebraska Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Nebraska.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- The Nebraska Department of Education has come up with a lot of innovative programs that provide a thorough assessment and an appropriate curriculum for all its students. The students of Nebraska have been able to have a lot of development programs and facilities offered by the state’s various universities. All of the courses and curriculums made for the students are filled with a lot of concepts that help each student gain the necessary knowledge to thrive in the any future setting, and the orientation given by the school educators offer quality educational experiences for all students. The University of Nebraska, Creighton University, the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and the University of Nebraska at Kearney are among the state’s top institutions for higher education. (Helpful Link: Nebraska Schools)
As of 2011, Nebraska was ranked 19th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 20 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Nebraska
The state of Nebraska is one of the leading states in terms of agricultural output. The top five agricultural products in terms of revenue generated are cattle and calves, soybeans, hogs, wheat and corn for grain. Some of the manufactured products of Nebraska are farm equipment, telecommunications equipment, and scientific, medical, and surgical instruments. Private healthcare, data processing companies, engineering companies, law firms, and repair shops also contribute to the total revenue of the state of Nebraska. Government services also contribute to the overall economy of the state and Nebraska is the only state where public-owned utilities provide 100% of the electric power.
- As of early 2012, the state of Nebraska had an unemployment rate of 4.0 percent, which is less than half of the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Nebraska Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Nebraska is $49,342, while the average per capita income for the state is $25,229.
Important Locations in Nebraska
- State Capital: Lincoln
- Largest Cities:
- Bellevue City
- Grand Island City
- Major landmarks and attractions: The major landmarks and attractions in the state of Nebraska include the World's Largest Time Capsule; Strategic Air and Space Museum; Birthplace of Kool-Aid; World's Largest Ball of Stamps; Great Platte River Road Archway Monument; Carhenge; Fall of Saigon; Heartland Museum of Military Vehicles (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Nebraska )
- National Parks:
- Agate Fossil Beds National Monument
- Niobrara National Scenic River
- Scotts Bluff National Monument
- State park System: The state park system of Nebraska has a wide range of forests and parks for everyone. These places offer some of the most beautiful locations and sceneries for everyone to enjoy. Some of the state parks are Arbor Lodge State Park, Buffalo Bill Ranch State Park, Chadron State Park, Chadron State Park Historical Marker, Fort Kearney State Park, Fort Robinson State Park, Niobrara State Park, Ponca State Park, Smith Falls State Park, Stolley State Park, Sutherland Reservoir State Park, and Victora Springs State Park. These parks provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of Nebraska by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: Nebraska Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Eppley Airfield
- Lincoln Airport
- Central Nebraska Regional Airport