|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from New Jersey.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Help Your Movers on Moving Day |
While aiding them with carrying and loading is not necessary (that’s what you are paying them for), providing drinks, snacks or lunch, a tip for good service, and a safe working environment is important.
Green Moving Tips |
The environment should always be at the back of our minds, even when undergoing major life changes like moving to a new home. Everything you do during the moving process can have an impact on the environment, even packing. Thinking about the environment when you move helps you stay environmentally sound by recycling and reusing packing materials and doing your move the green way.
Different Types of Moving Services |
The moving company you choose to hire will depend on the type of move you need to complete. Are you moving local, long distance, internationally? Do you need full service, or just moving help? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you get a more accurate estimate for your move.
International movers should be ... |
The Federal Maritime Commission registers all legal moving companies that ship items overseas. If your international moving company doesn’t have a FMC number, they are operating illegally.
Types of Moving Estimates |
A moving estimate is one of the first things you will receive from a prospective moving company and one of the first steps in the moving process. There are several different kinds of moving estimates that you may encounter during your search for a moving company, so it’s important that you become acquainted with their differences, and which one is best for you.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|2nd time used and would gladly ...|
Transtar Moving Systems
|Move not as simple as Mt Laurel to Mt Laurel. They started in Moorestown, NJ to pick up various pieces (couch, desk, area rug and chairs) then to Mt Laurel for more furniture (couch, 2 chairs and 3 tables). Followed by a trip to Springfield, PA for additional furniture (drop off couch, 2 chairs and 3 tables and pick up a complete bedroom set and couch and 2 chairs) for delivery back at a different location in Moorestown (couch, rug, bedroom set, desk and 2 chairs) with a final destination in Mt Laurel (to drop off the couch from Springfield). I should add they also moved two couches from the basement up to the family room in Springfield which was not previous in the plans. Deliveries--pick up and drop off--involved stairs....many stairs in all locations (and a very steep driveway at one location). Regardless, the two movers (Dave and Pete) were courteous, respectful and accommodating. They treated the furniture, and all houses as if it was their own. And, all this was done in five (yes, 5) hours. I'd definitely recommend Dave and Pete to anyone interested in moving (any amount of furniture). I should note Transtar also moved me two years ago--full house to full house. I was just as pleased then and that's why I chose them for this particular move. (I didn't write a review then but, based on their strong ethic and reputation, I'm sure hundreds of positive reviews have been written in that two year time span.) |
|Review by : Bob
Posted on : 1/11/2017
|They were intimidating and racist!|
Quality Moving & Storage
|It was complete unprofessionalism. It was also racism. It was also a case of fake fraud, and it was a very bad move for us. Basically, when I looked at Movers.com, a whole bunch of people had contacted me, and I talked with Matt initially. So initially he had told me, you know, that they usually... they factor in one hour for transportation. Like once the movers have put all the stuff in the truck, they will - no matter how long it takes, even if it's less than one hour. It's usually less than one hour, but they factor it in as one hour. Then you have two hours of time, and he quoted me a certain rate for that, you know, that whole thing. So I told him that my situation is different, because there will be no transportation involved, and it's basically moving three floors down. We have a good service elevator which we will book for you, and you can use the elevator. You don't even have to use the stairs. And in that case, can you give us three hours of service for the certain predecided rate? He agreed to that. He said yes, that is absolutely fine. Because there is no transportation, so that is totally fair. We can give you three hours, and we decided on a certain rate. Now, I mean, since a bunch of other people... I had like some other people, but I couldn't get them in time. They were not available on that day, so I ended up choosing Matt. Now what happened is the day that the movers arrived, they started moving everything. And after two hours, they just stopped, and they said, "Oh, time is up. Now we have to go." Now basically at that point, they had not moved... I think the kitchen. I don't know, one of the rooms was left. They had not moved the stuff, so all the work was not done yet. And I did not even have any more days on my lease. I told them that. I said this is the only day. We need to completely move everything today. We don't have any more days, and we have three hours of time that is promised to us. And after two hours, these workers just stopped working and said, "If you want more, if you want us to move the remaining stuff, now you have to pay us more."|
|Review by : Smriti
Posted on : 1/4/2017
|Best move we had|
Moving of America
|Let me start by saying that I was waited three months to write my opinion about them. Our move was a bit complicated since we had to move few of our items to their storage and some items to my mother's home and the remaining one bedroom set and few more pieces to our rented apartment until our home that we purchased will be ready. Since I was referred to this company and Dolores and Dave from the operations department sounds very knowledgeable and extremely professional and the price sound ok and within our budget, I didn't have to keep searching and reserved the service of which was kind of ease and smooth. However, I wasn't sure about anything else after that but hoped for the best. On the day of the move, Roberto and his 4 guys crew arrived earlier than the scheduled time and spoke to our super making sure all is ok with the insurance and the elevator, exactly as promised by Dave. They worked together well and fast and had all my belongings wrapped and loaded to the truck within about 6 or 7 hours, drove to my mother's home and dropped some items, and drove to their storage. So far I am happy but still not all the furniture are in my new place so had some concerns and again, hoped for the best Two months past and I am calling again to schedule delivery back to my new home. This time I spoke with Lola, what a sweet lady! Delivery day arrived and this time I meet Joe and his crew. They did what I was expected to see: very good, dedicated, hard workers. All my items were set up in my new home including my grandmother old clock, safely and in mint conditions, again as I mention Roberto since I think due to his team excellent packing. Now, that my move is completely done I can say thank you for an awesome experience!|
|Review by : Ashley
Posted on : 1/3/2017
New Jersey Moving Companies and NJ Relocation Services
If you're looking for a New Jersey Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured NJ Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to New Jersey or from NJ.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable New Jersey residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers New Jersey has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable New Jersey long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or NJ out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want NJ full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of New Jersey movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of NJ moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of New Jersey at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in New Jersey, NJ
Atlantic City, NJ
Cherry Hill, NJ
East Brunswick, NJ
East Orange, NJ
East Windsor, NJ
Fort Lee, NJ
Franklin Park, NJ
Highland Park, NJ
Jackson Township, NJ
Jersey City, NJ
Long Branch, NJ
Monroe Township, NJ
New Milford, NJ
Parsippany Troy Hills
Red Bank, NJ
Union City, NJ
West New York
West Orange, NJ
Find Other Moving Services near New Jersey
Moving to New Jersey?
A one-of-a-kind state with its own unique personality and attitude, New Jersey is located directly in between two of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas, yet manages to stand alone as an individual state in its own right, with its own culture, tastes and experiences.
With a world-famous shoreline that has been featured in countless television shows and movies with a music scene that has produced such worldwide hit-makers as Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi, New Jersey manages to take the best influences of its neighbors, New York and Philadelphia, and add them to its own diverse blend of culture.
Full of history, and scenic landscapes that stretch from the far northwest corner of the state and the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, to the bottom southeast corner of the state and the Atlantic coast, New Jersey has a lot to offer no matter where you end up.
If you’re moving to New Jersey, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to New Jersey
New Jersey Climate
- New Jersey’s subtropical climate is one that produces a mixture of weather that is often mild, and at times, unpredictable. With winter temperatures typically ranging from the high-20s to low-40s, depending on the weather front, winters can vary throughout the state, with northern areas receiving heavy snowfall at times. During the summers, temperatures can soar to the upper-80s and lower-90s during the months of July and August and the humidity tends to also be very high during these months. Extreme weather such as tornadoes and hurricanes are not common, but can occur during the summer months as well, particular in the coastal and central regions of the state. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in New Jersey after moving to the state permanently, you will have to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. You will have to also pick up new titles and registration certificates for your vehicle. (Helpful Link: New Jersey DMV)
- Obtaining a New Jersey Driver’s License: If you are moving to New Jersey from another state where you hold a driver’s license, you will need to turn in your out-of-state license and apply for a new license examination permit. The state requires new New Jersey residents to update their license from their previous state to a New Jersey driver’s license within 60 days of moving. One you have obtained this examination permit you will have to pass a vision test and possibly a written or driving test to obtain your New Jersey license.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in New Jersey is $430,619, while the median sales price is just over $342,000. The New Jersey Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of New Jersey.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: New Jersey State Moving Resource Page)
- Overall, New Jersey has a reputation for having a respected and well-established educational system that currently contains over 605 different school districts throughout the state. Recent studies have shown that the state of New Jersey spends more money per student than every state in the country except for New York. Also, several counties in New Jersey have students scoring among the highest SAT scores in the nation. Among the many great public schools in the state of New Jersey, there are also several well-known collegiate institutions including Princeton University, tied with Harvard for the best school in the nation in a 2011 survey, Rutgers University, one of the oldest public universities in America, as well as Rider University, The College of New Jersey, Montclair State University, Rowan University, Monmouth University, Seton Hall University and many others. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Schools)
As of 2011, New Jersey was ranked 22nd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 25 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of New Jersey
The main contributor to New Jersey’s state economy is the pharmaceutical industry. New Jersey has long since been a major player in the world of pharmaceuticals with the U.S. headquarters for several major pharmaceutical companies being located in the state, such as Johnson & Johnson, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi-Aventis, Novartis, Pfizer, Merck, Hoffman-LaRoche and Bristol Myers Squibb. New Jersey also has a strong telecom presence with companies such as Verizon, AT&T, and Alcatel-Lucent Technologies calling New Jersey their home. New Jersey is the home to a total of 24 Fortune 500 companies, and nine of the state’s counties rank among the 100 wealthiest in the nation.
As of early 2012, the state of New Jersey had an unemployment rate of 9.0 percent. Over the last year, job creation in the state has raised the total of employed residents in the state by over 40,000. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of New Jersey is $55,146, while the average per capita income for the state is $27,006.
Important Locations in New Jersey
- State Capital: Trenton
- Largest Cities:
- Jersey City
- Atlantic City
- Cherry Hill
- Seaside Heights
- New Brunswick
- Major landmarks and attractions: New Jersey State Museum; Thomas Edison Museum; Liberty Science Center; Ellis Island; Liberty State Park; Six Flags Great Adventure; State Theater; Atlantic City boardwalk; Cape May; Wildwood boardwalk; The Stone Pony; Asbury Park boardwalk (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in New Jersey)
- National Parks:
- Delaware Water Gap
- Ellis Island
- Gateway National Park
- Morristown National Historical Park
- New Jersey Pinelands
- Paterson Great Falls
- State park System: In addition to the many wonderful national parks located throughout the state, there are hundreds more scenic state parks that reach from the northern mountainous regions of the state to the low-lying coastal plains of southern New Jersey. Although urban development has overtaken many suburban areas, there are still thousands of acres of beautiful undisturbed landscape still to be found in New Jersey. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Newark International Airport
- Atlantic City International Airport
- Trenton-Mercer Airport
- Teterboro Airport