|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from New Jersey.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Philadelphia Moving Guides and Tips |
The city where our nation's independence was established over 200 years ago, Philadelphia is a national treasure and full of great American landmarks and cultural diversity around every corner. Located conveniently close to several other major cities like New York, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. Philadelphia is a great place to move to, and this guide will help to better prepare you for when it comes time to make that move.
Green Moving Tips |
The environment should always be at the back of our minds, even when undergoing major life changes like moving to a new home. Everything you do during the moving process can have an impact on the environment, even packing. Thinking about the environment when you move helps you stay environmentally sound by recycling and reusing packing materials and doing your move the green way.
Perform a background check |
You’d be surprised to find out how many fake moving companies there are. You need to screen your moving company before hiring them. Look at user reviews for your company. Also make sure they have all of the necessary documentation and are certified movers. Keep in mind that just because a moving company is certified, it doesn’t’ mean that they are good and unwilling to scam you.
Do You Require Small Movers? |
Does your shipment weight less than 2,000 pounds? You will need small movers to transport your shipment for you
Look into Company Policies |
Familiarize yourself with company policies. Not all companies have the same rules and policies – one company may be equipped to move antiques, while another may not. Also make sure that you are familiar with each individual aspect of your move ahead of time. It will save you headaches later on down the road.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|I'm very happy! |
Prudential Van Lines
|Everything got here great, I had no issues with that. It was a little longer than I thought, but I mean it was still within their timeline, so that was fine. It's just the communication wasn't always perfect. So that's the only thing I could say... that if the communication line had been a bit better with everything that was happening I would have been more satisfied, but otherwise, everyone was great, everyone I worked with, and interacted with was really good. So, I'm very happy. |
|Review by : Melinda
Posted on : 11/21/2014
|The movers were very personable ...|
|They worked very quickly, they were very pleasant to work with, you know, very personable ... When I first got there they each introduced themselves and shook my hand. You know, if they saw something that was, you know, scratched or broken, or you know, they inspected everything before and also after they put everything in.|
|Review by : Kristin
Posted on : 11/20/2014
|I would both recommend and use ...|
All In One Moving
|They were excellent. They were right on time and they did everything, they packed everything really well and everything came over in good shape and a timely manner. And it was, you know, just a no complications whatsoever, so I would definitely recommend them.|
|Review by : Jeffrey
Posted on : 11/18/2014
New Jersey Moving Companies and NJ Relocation Services
If you're looking for a New Jersey Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured NJ Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to New Jersey or from NJ.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable New Jersey residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers New Jersey has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable New Jersey long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or NJ out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want NJ full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of New Jersey movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of NJ moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of New Jersey at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in New Jersey, NJ
Atlantic City, NJ
Cherry Hill, NJ
East Brunswick, NJ
East Orange, NJ
East Windsor, NJ
Fort Lee, NJ
Franklin Park, NJ
Highland Park, NJ
Jackson Township, NJ
Jersey City, NJ
Long Branch, NJ
Monroe Township, NJ
New Milford, NJ
Parsippany Troy Hills
Red Bank, NJ
Union City, NJ
West New York
West Orange, NJ
Find Other Moving Services near New Jersey
Moving to New Jersey?
A one-of-a-kind state with its own unique personality and attitude, New Jersey is located directly in between two of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas, yet manages to stand alone as an individual state in its own right, with its own culture, tastes and experiences.
With a world-famous shoreline that has been featured in countless television shows and movies with a music scene that has produced such worldwide hit-makers as Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi, New Jersey manages to take the best influences of its neighbors, New York and Philadelphia, and add them to its own diverse blend of culture.
Full of history, and scenic landscapes that stretch from the far northwest corner of the state and the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, to the bottom southeast corner of the state and the Atlantic coast, New Jersey has a lot to offer no matter where you end up.
If you’re moving to New Jersey, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to New Jersey
New Jersey Climate
- New Jersey’s subtropical climate is one that produces a mixture of weather that is often mild, and at times, unpredictable. With winter temperatures typically ranging from the high-20s to low-40s, depending on the weather front, winters can vary throughout the state, with northern areas receiving heavy snowfall at times. During the summers, temperatures can soar to the upper-80s and lower-90s during the months of July and August and the humidity tends to also be very high during these months. Extreme weather such as tornadoes and hurricanes are not common, but can occur during the summer months as well, particular in the coastal and central regions of the state. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in New Jersey after moving to the state permanently, you will have to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. You will have to also pick up new titles and registration certificates for your vehicle. (Helpful Link: New Jersey DMV)
- Obtaining a New Jersey Driver’s License: If you are moving to New Jersey from another state where you hold a driver’s license, you will need to turn in your out-of-state license and apply for a new license examination permit. The state requires new New Jersey residents to update their license from their previous state to a New Jersey driver’s license within 60 days of moving. One you have obtained this examination permit you will have to pass a vision test and possibly a written or driving test to obtain your New Jersey license.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in New Jersey is $430,619, while the median sales price is just over $342,000. The New Jersey Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of New Jersey.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: New Jersey State Moving Resource Page)
- Overall, New Jersey has a reputation for having a respected and well-established educational system that currently contains over 605 different school districts throughout the state. Recent studies have shown that the state of New Jersey spends more money per student than every state in the country except for New York. Also, several counties in New Jersey have students scoring among the highest SAT scores in the nation. Among the many great public schools in the state of New Jersey, there are also several well-known collegiate institutions including Princeton University, tied with Harvard for the best school in the nation in a 2011 survey, Rutgers University, one of the oldest public universities in America, as well as Rider University, The College of New Jersey, Montclair State University, Rowan University, Monmouth University, Seton Hall University and many others. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Schools)
As of 2011, New Jersey was ranked 22nd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 25 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of New Jersey
The main contributor to New Jersey’s state economy is the pharmaceutical industry. New Jersey has long since been a major player in the world of pharmaceuticals with the U.S. headquarters for several major pharmaceutical companies being located in the state, such as Johnson & Johnson, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi-Aventis, Novartis, Pfizer, Merck, Hoffman-LaRoche and Bristol Myers Squibb. New Jersey also has a strong telecom presence with companies such as Verizon, AT&T, and Alcatel-Lucent Technologies calling New Jersey their home. New Jersey is the home to a total of 24 Fortune 500 companies, and nine of the state’s counties rank among the 100 wealthiest in the nation.
As of early 2012, the state of New Jersey had an unemployment rate of 9.0 percent. Over the last year, job creation in the state has raised the total of employed residents in the state by over 40,000. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of New Jersey is $55,146, while the average per capita income for the state is $27,006.
Important Locations in New Jersey
- State Capital: Trenton
- Largest Cities:
- Jersey City
- Atlantic City
- Cherry Hill
- Seaside Heights
- New Brunswick
- Major landmarks and attractions: New Jersey State Museum; Thomas Edison Museum; Liberty Science Center; Ellis Island; Liberty State Park; Six Flags Great Adventure; State Theater; Atlantic City boardwalk; Cape May; Wildwood boardwalk; The Stone Pony; Asbury Park boardwalk (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in New Jersey)
- National Parks:
- Delaware Water Gap
- Ellis Island
- Gateway National Park
- Morristown National Historical Park
- New Jersey Pinelands
- Paterson Great Falls
- State park System: In addition to the many wonderful national parks located throughout the state, there are hundreds more scenic state parks that reach from the northern mountainous regions of the state to the low-lying coastal plains of southern New Jersey. Although urban development has overtaken many suburban areas, there are still thousands of acres of beautiful undisturbed landscape still to be found in New Jersey. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Newark International Airport
- Atlantic City International Airport
- Trenton-Mercer Airport
- Teterboro Airport