|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from New Jersey.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
What is Freight Service? |
Freight service refers to when you use a moving company to transport your belongings from one place to another. Meaning, the company does not pack, load or unload your goods for you. Typically, your load will be FTL or LTL.
Get Multiple Estimates |
When moving, make sure you get at least three estimates from different companies so that you can properly compare their services with your budget.
Specialty movers are required to ... |
A typical moving company may not be able to handle moving some items on their own. Either you or the moving company will need to hire specialty movers in order to move large, complex, or fragile items. Either way, you will end up paying for it. These items could include pianos, pets, art, and pool tables.
How to Find Plant Movers |
If you spend a lot of time caring for the plants in your home, or if you have particularly expensive plants, you probably won't want to throw them away when you move into a new home. Thankfully, you have an alternative. There are movers who specialize specifically in moving plants. They will help ensure that your plants make it safely to your new home.
Understand the Roles of Your ... |
Know what every crew member is responsible for on moving day to ensure they are providing you with the proper service
|Recent Moving Reviews||
New Jersey Moving Companies and NJ Relocation Services
If you're looking for a New Jersey Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured NJ Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to New Jersey or from NJ.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable New Jersey residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers New Jersey has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable New Jersey long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or NJ out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want NJ full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of New Jersey movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of NJ moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of New Jersey at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in New Jersey, NJ
Atlantic City, NJ
Cherry Hill, NJ
East Brunswick, NJ
East Orange, NJ
East Windsor, NJ
Fort Lee, NJ
Franklin Park, NJ
Highland Park, NJ
Jackson Township, NJ
Jersey City, NJ
Long Branch, NJ
Monroe Township, NJ
New Milford, NJ
Parsippany Troy Hills
Red Bank, NJ
Union City, NJ
West New York
West Orange, NJ
Find Other Moving Services near New Jersey
Moving to New Jersey?
A one-of-a-kind state with its own unique personality and attitude, New Jersey is located directly in between two of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas, yet manages to stand alone as an individual state in its own right, with its own culture, tastes and experiences.
With a world-famous shoreline that has been featured in countless television shows and movies with a music scene that has produced such worldwide hit-makers as Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi, New Jersey manages to take the best influences of its neighbors, New York and Philadelphia, and add them to its own diverse blend of culture.
Full of history, and scenic landscapes that stretch from the far northwest corner of the state and the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, to the bottom southeast corner of the state and the Atlantic coast, New Jersey has a lot to offer no matter where you end up.
If you’re moving to New Jersey, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to New Jersey
New Jersey Climate
- New Jersey’s subtropical climate is one that produces a mixture of weather that is often mild, and at times, unpredictable. With winter temperatures typically ranging from the high-20s to low-40s, depending on the weather front, winters can vary throughout the state, with northern areas receiving heavy snowfall at times. During the summers, temperatures can soar to the upper-80s and lower-90s during the months of July and August and the humidity tends to also be very high during these months. Extreme weather such as tornadoes and hurricanes are not common, but can occur during the summer months as well, particular in the coastal and central regions of the state. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in New Jersey after moving to the state permanently, you will have to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. You will have to also pick up new titles and registration certificates for your vehicle. (Helpful Link: New Jersey DMV)
- Obtaining a New Jersey Driver’s License: If you are moving to New Jersey from another state where you hold a driver’s license, you will need to turn in your out-of-state license and apply for a new license examination permit. The state requires new New Jersey residents to update their license from their previous state to a New Jersey driver’s license within 60 days of moving. One you have obtained this examination permit you will have to pass a vision test and possibly a written or driving test to obtain your New Jersey license.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in New Jersey is $430,619, while the median sales price is just over $342,000. The New Jersey Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of New Jersey.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: New Jersey State Moving Resource Page)
- Overall, New Jersey has a reputation for having a respected and well-established educational system that currently contains over 605 different school districts throughout the state. Recent studies have shown that the state of New Jersey spends more money per student than every state in the country except for New York. Also, several counties in New Jersey have students scoring among the highest SAT scores in the nation. Among the many great public schools in the state of New Jersey, there are also several well-known collegiate institutions including Princeton University, tied with Harvard for the best school in the nation in a 2011 survey, Rutgers University, one of the oldest public universities in America, as well as Rider University, The College of New Jersey, Montclair State University, Rowan University, Monmouth University, Seton Hall University and many others. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Schools)
As of 2011, New Jersey was ranked 22nd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 25 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of New Jersey
The main contributor to New Jersey’s state economy is the pharmaceutical industry. New Jersey has long since been a major player in the world of pharmaceuticals with the U.S. headquarters for several major pharmaceutical companies being located in the state, such as Johnson & Johnson, Novo Nordisk, Sanofi-Aventis, Novartis, Pfizer, Merck, Hoffman-LaRoche and Bristol Myers Squibb. New Jersey also has a strong telecom presence with companies such as Verizon, AT&T, and Alcatel-Lucent Technologies calling New Jersey their home. New Jersey is the home to a total of 24 Fortune 500 companies, and nine of the state’s counties rank among the 100 wealthiest in the nation.
As of early 2012, the state of New Jersey had an unemployment rate of 9.0 percent. Over the last year, job creation in the state has raised the total of employed residents in the state by over 40,000. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of New Jersey is $55,146, while the average per capita income for the state is $27,006.
Important Locations in New Jersey
- State Capital: Trenton
- Largest Cities:
- Jersey City
- Atlantic City
- Cherry Hill
- Seaside Heights
- New Brunswick
- Major landmarks and attractions: New Jersey State Museum; Thomas Edison Museum; Liberty Science Center; Ellis Island; Liberty State Park; Six Flags Great Adventure; State Theater; Atlantic City boardwalk; Cape May; Wildwood boardwalk; The Stone Pony; Asbury Park boardwalk (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in New Jersey)
- National Parks:
- Delaware Water Gap
- Ellis Island
- Gateway National Park
- Morristown National Historical Park
- New Jersey Pinelands
- Paterson Great Falls
- State park System: In addition to the many wonderful national parks located throughout the state, there are hundreds more scenic state parks that reach from the northern mountainous regions of the state to the low-lying coastal plains of southern New Jersey. Although urban development has overtaken many suburban areas, there are still thousands of acres of beautiful undisturbed landscape still to be found in New Jersey. (Helpful Link: New Jersey Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Newark International Airport
- Atlantic City International Airport
- Trenton-Mercer Airport
- Teterboro Airport