|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from New York.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Tips for Moving in the Summer |
Typically the most popular season of the year to move, the summer is when most moving companies get inundated with appointments from people looking to relocate during a laid-back time of the year when schools are out and the weather is nice. Of course, as with any move, moving during the summer can have its challenges and difficulties, so familiarizing yourself with them can help you become better prepared.
How to Find Plant Movers |
If you spend a lot of time caring for the plants in your home, or if you have particularly expensive plants, you probably won't want to throw them away when you move into a new home. Thankfully, you have an alternative. There are movers who specialize specifically in moving plants. They will help ensure that your plants make it safely to your new home.
Keeping Your Movers Happy |
Hiring movers to transport your goods will definitely make your moving day easier. Instead of carrying box after box onto the truck and then unloading box after box, you can have other people do this work for you. If you use professionals though, you'll want to make sure they are happy and able to do their job effectively and efficiently.
Weight Requirements for Small Moves |
The great thing about small moving companies is that they do not hold you to a minimum of 2,000 pounds of freight like most large-scale commercial companies. However, some of these small movers do have a weight requirement of a minimum of 100 pounds. Always ask if you aren’t sure.
Do You Need Full-Service Movers? |
If you have very little free time coupled with a large home and a lot of goods, full-service movers will take care of every step of your move—packing, loading, transporting, unloading and unpacking.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
New York Moving Companies and NY Relocation Services
If you're looking for a New York Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured NY Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to New York or from NY.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable New York residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers New York has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable New York long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or NY out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want NY full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of New York movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of NY moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of New York at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in New York, NY
Bay Shore, NY
Chestnut Ridge, NY
Clifton Park Center
Deer Park, NY
East Atlantic Beach
Forest Hills, NY
Franklin D Roosevelt
Glen Cove, NY
Jackson Heights, NY
Johnson City, NY
Kew Gardens Hills
Long Beach, NY
Long Island City
Mount Vernon, NY
New Hamburg, NY
New York City
New York, NY
Richmond Hill, NY
White Plains, NY
Find Other Moving Services near New York
Moving to New York?
When most people think of New York, they think of the bustling metropolis of New York City, with his culturally and historically rich boroughs filled with vibrant activity and nonstop excitement. But outside of the city, one of the cultural centers of the entire world and easily one of the most desirable and awe-inspiring places, is an entire state that is just as diverse and beautiful as the city itself.
New York state, which is one of the largest in the country in land size, spans hundreds of miles and stretches across mountain ranges, lakes and rural landscapes that go from Pennsylvania to Vermont and even as far north as Canada. There truly is a little something for everyone in New York, no matter what type of living you prefer.
If you’re moving to New York, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to New York
New York Climate
- New York has a widely varying climate that differs depending on where in the vast state you are located. For example, the mild temperatures of New York City tend to mirror those of surrounding suburban areas in New Jersey and Connecticut, with high temperatures and high humidity in the summer months and chilly, windy weather during the winter with scattered snowstorms. However, the upper reaches of New York State can be extremely harsh during the winter, with areas like Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse receiving regular snowfall from October through late March sometimes. (Helpful Link: New York Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in New York after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 30 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. The state of New York also has laws in place that require your vehicle to pass standard emissions tests prior to registering your car. Also, you must provide proof of insurance that is valid in the state of New York. (Helpful Link: New York DMV)
- Obtaining a New York Driver’s License: A New York Driver’s License can be obtained at any New York DMV location. The state requires new New York residents to update their license from their previous state to a New York driver’s license. You may be required to pass several tests prior to receiving your new license. Also, there is a $10 fee to update your driver’s license.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in New York is $715,566, while the median sales price is just over $350,000. The New York Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of New York.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: New York State Moving Resource Page)
- The New York public school system spends more money per student than any other public education system in the nation. Despite recently publicized issues with the deterioration of the public school system in New York City, the majority of New York public schooling offers many opportunities for students throughout the state. When it comes to secondary educational institutions, New York is the only state in the country with two Ivy League colleges in Columbia University and Cornell University. In addition, the State University of New York (SUNY) has campuses all over the state. Other notable colleges include St. John’s University, Siena College, Iona College, Hofstra University, the University of Albany, the University of Buffalo, Ithaca College, Syracuse University and NYU. (Helpful Link: New York Schools)
As of 2011, New York was ranked 28th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of New York
New York City is the financial capital of the nation, and is home to the New York Stock Exchange. The state of New York is the leading center of finance, banking and communications and also has a major manufacturing sector as well. New York is also among the top five in producers of dairy, apples, potatoes, onions, grapes, maple syrup and other agricultural products, which make it a major player in the industry of agricultural production and farming.
As of early 2012, the state of New York had an unemployment rate of 8.8 percent, which is slightly above average and higher than the national rate of 8.2. (Helpful Link: http://www.labor.ny.gov/home
The median household income in the state of New York is $55,603, while the average per capita income for the state is $48,821.
Important Locations in New York
- State Capital: Albany
- Largest Cities:
- New York City
- Major landmarks and attractions: Empire State Building; World Trade Center 9/11 Memorial; Wall Street; Chelsea Pier; Statue of Liberty; Niagara Falls; Appalachian Trail; Lake Placid; National Baseball Hall of Fame; Central Park; Times Square; Broadway (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in New York)
- National Parks:
- Ellis Island National Monument
- Niagara Falls
- Saratoga National Historical Park
- State park System: New York State has a vast network of parks that span the state from top to bottom and take advantage of the natural wilderness that can be found throughout New York. The parks provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of New York by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: New York Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- LaGuardia International Airport
- Newark International Airport (NJ)
- Albany International Airport
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport
- Stewart International Airport
- Plattsburgh International Airport
- Syracuse Hancock International Airport
- Greater Rochester International Airport