|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from North Carolina.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Help Your Movers on Moving Day |
While aiding them with carrying and loading is not necessary (that’s what you are paying them for), providing drinks, snacks or lunch, a tip for good service, and a safe working environment is important.
Moving Company Policies |
Every moving company has different policies regarding different facets of the move that can range from how they go about the packing and loading process to how they conduct the move and how they give estimates, so it can’t hurt to familiarize yourself with the most common ones so you can be prepared for your move.
Always Ask for an In-Home ... |
Always insist on an in-home estimate. In-home estimates provide a better idea of what you will be paying because the moving company will be able to measure and see what items you’re planning on moving. In-home estimates offer the most accurate pricing, generally.
What is Moving Labor? |
Need just a little assistance for your move? Moving labor can pack and/or load your goods into your truck rental for a partial DIY move.
Saving Money While Moving |
Moving can be expensive, but with some tricks up your sleeve you might save a few bucks. Reuse packing material or use alternative materials that you already have like towels and t-shirts for packing up fragile items. Move during the off-seasons of fall and winter. Write off some of your relocating expenses. Pack your own stuff – you won’t spend money on a service and you’ll be sure you packed everything. Downsizing your stuff will also help save you money. Most shipping companies charge by weig
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|Really fast and efficient|
Movin' On Movers
|They were great. It was thorough, someone came to the house to do a quote. They didn't stray from that quote they gave us. It was awesome. The guys were fast. They came in, put everything on the truck and was gone within two hours. Then when we moved in, same thing. They were really fast and efficient.|
|Review by : Candis
Posted on : 2/9/2016
|They worked hard, got the job done ...|
All My Sons-Raleigh
|It was fine. The guys were professional, they were mindful of all of our things - not damaging them. And they worked hard, they were hard-working, they weren't slacking. They came in got the job done and got out of there. |
|Review by : Mitch
Posted on : 1/5/2016
|Everything went great|
Frontier Van Lines LLC
|I moved a few days ago. Everything is here with me in one piece. I moved with Frontier Van Lines. My biggest concern was that I had a lot of miscellaneous items that were scattered throughout my house in cupboard cabinets and dressers. I had no idea how many boxes I would fill up. Frontier Van Lines made an estimate for me. They were not far off! And the best thing was that they allowed me to update the amount of boxes a few days before my move, so when I was packing everything I had a better idea of how many it was going to be. I called in to update the amount of boxes and they changed it on the contract. It wasn't a big difference and the price didn't change much either, but I was still happy I at least had the option to change that number. So, that was great. Everything else went great too. I would totally recommend this company.|
|Review by : Norman
Posted on : 10/2/2015
North Carolina Moving Companies and NC Relocation Services
If you're looking for a North Carolina Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured NC Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to North Carolina or from NC.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable North Carolina residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers North Carolina has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable North Carolina long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or NC out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want NC full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of North Carolina movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of NC moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of North Carolina at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in North Carolina, NC
Chapel Hill, NC
East Durham, NC
Forest City, NC
Fort Bragg, NC
High Point, NC
Holly Springs, NC
Kill Devil Hills
Kings Mountain, NC
Long Creek, NC
Mount Airy, NC
Mount Tabor, NC
North Concord, NC
North Hills, NC
Rocky Mount, NC
Spring Lake, NC
Find Other Moving Services near North Carolina
Moving to North Carolina?
North Carolina is a state of countless beautiful landscape, from the Appalachian Mountains in the western portion of the state, to the endless tobacco fields and the breathtaking sunsets that overtake the marshes and sand dunes of the Outer Banks and the sundrenched Atlantic coast.
The Appalachian mountain range, which stretches throughout the state, comprises the oldest mass of mountains in America. These mountains have never been submerged or subjected to glacier erosion. Some of the most popular mountains in the state include the Blue Ridge Mountains, Black Mountain, Balsam Mountains, Pisgah Mountains, and Great Smoky Mountain. North Carolina also has more than 300 waterfalls which include a 411-foot two-tiered cascade, which is the highest cascade one can find on the east coast.
North Carolina is a place where the Wright brothers made their first successful powered flight in 1903. The first miniature golf course was also built in Fayetteville, North Carolina. In addition, the state boasts the largest producer of sweet potatoes in the nation.
If you are moving to North Carolina, There are a lot of things you need to know, and luckily you are in the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to North Carolina
North Carolina Climate
- The three principal physiographic divisions are well developed in North Carolina. The three divisions are coastal plain, the piedmont and the mountains. The most important single influence to the variability of climate in North Carolina is altitude. The average temperature varies more than 20F, and the temperature drops to 10 or 12 F about once during an average winter. In central North Carolina, the temperature ranges from some 10F warmer near the coast and 10 F colder in the upper mountain regions. The average relative humidity does not vary much and the relative humidity is about the same everywhere else in the state. (Helpful Link: North Carolina Weather)
- Registering your Car: There are two ways in which you can register your vehicle upon moving to North Carolina. You can register your vehicle within a 30-day window or when you have obtained gainful employment, whichever comes first. Once the initial 30-day period is up, however, it is necessary to register and title your cars in the state or North Carolina or you can risk for a citation. (Helpful Link: North Carolina DMV)
- Obtaining a North Carolina Driver’s License: To apply for a new driver’s license in North Carolina, here are the following steps one must take: Choose your license, take a driver’s education course, prepare for the test, take a division of motor vehicles, take the written test, get insurance and take the driving test.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in North Carolina is $278,919, while the median sales price is just over $136,149. The North Carolina Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of North Carolina.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: North Carolina State Moving Resource Page)
- North Carolina has one of the nations’ most renowned education systems. North Carolina ranks among the top four states for pre-kindergarten schooling, according to the National Institute for Early Education and Research. The state has research and education systems that partner with various companies and leaders of the industry. The education in North Carolina is providing its citizens with ample opportunities, which will help them to learn, grow, and thrive in today’s economy. There is an early education pre-kindergarten program, public schools, and higher education at various collegiate institutions around the state, such as the University of North Carolina, Duke University, Wake Forest University, North Carolina State University, East Carolina University, the University of North Carolina-Wilmington, among many others. (Helpful Link: North Carolina Schools)
As of 2011, North Carolina was ranked 30th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of around 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of North Carolina
In the agriculture sector, livestock products and crops make up more than 50% of North Carolina’s agricultural income. Tobacco products are the leading agricultural products exported by the state of North Carolina. The most valuable mined product in the state is crushed stone, followed by trap rock and limestone. Finance, insurance and real estate make up the majority of North Carolina’s service industry. North Carolina ranks third in the United States in the wholesale and retail industry.
As of early 2012, the state of North Carolina had an unemployment rate of 9.7 percent, currently one of the highest rates in the nation, despite avid job growth in various sectors. The job market is expected to rebound in many areas, however. (Helpful Link: North Carolina Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of North Carolina is $43,275, while the average per capita income for the state is $35,638.
Important Locations in North Carolina
- State Capital: Raleigh
- Largest Cities:
- Major landmarks and attractions: Appalachian Trail; Battleship North Carolina; Biltmore; Cape Hatteras National Seashore; Cherokee Indian Reservation; Great Smoky Mountains; Cameron Indoor Stadium; Chapel Hill (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in North Carolina)
- National Parks:
- Blue Ridge National Park
- Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Guilford Courthouse National Park
- Moores Creek National Battlefield
- Wright Brothers National Memorial
- State park System: The state park system of North Carolina has a huge range of parks that span the state from the coastline and the Outer Banks to the mountains in the western portion of the state. The parks feature picturesque waterfalls, scenic overlooks, and are the perfect place to enjoy a day in the outdoors. Some of them are, Bay Tree Lake State Park, Cape Hatteras State Park, Cliffs of the Neuse State Park, Crowders Mountain State Park, Daniel Boone State Park, Dismal Swamp State Park, Duke Powder, State Park, Eno River State Park, Falls Lake State Park, Fort Macon State Park, Goose Creek State Park ,and Hammocks Beach State Park (Helpful Link: North Carolina Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Piedmont Triad International Airport
- Raleigh-Durham International Airport
- Fayetteville Regional Airport
- Asheville Regional Airport