|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Ohio.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Dallas Moving Guides and Tips |
One of the biggest cities not only in the Lone Star state of Texas but in the Midwest as well, Dallas is a thriving metropolitan area full of great nightlife, businesses, and attractions that ensure that life in the Big D is never dull. If you're moving to Dallas, this guide will provide you with helpful tips and advice on how to prepare for your upcoming move and what you need to know for when you arrive in Dallas.
How to Find Piano Movers |
Pianos make a wonderful addition to any home. However, when moving to a new home, transporting these instruments can be a hassle. Since all pianos are large, fragile, and expensive, the best option is to have professionals handle the move rather than doing it yourself. While many moving companies have experience moving pianos, you might feel more comfortable using a company that specializes only in moving the instruments.
How to Find Plant Movers |
If you spend a lot of time caring for the plants in your home, or if you have particularly expensive plants, you probably won't want to throw them away when you move into a new home. Thankfully, you have an alternative. There are movers who specialize specifically in moving plants. They will help ensure that your plants make it safely to your new home.
Use technology to make your move ... |
Modern technology allows moving to be easier than ever before. Use Movers.com to find reputable moving companies. Find apps that help you pack. Find or sell houses on the internet. Look at customer feedback for all the aspects of moving and real estate that require paying for some sort of service.
How to Get Boxes for Your Move |
Often the most difficult and tiresome part of the moving process, packing can take up a lot of your time and resources. If you choose to do the whole packing job by yourself rather than hire a moving company to do it for you, you're going to need boxes -- and a lot of them. This guide will give you some helpful tips and advice on how you can get your hands on boxes for your move.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Ohio Moving Companies and OH Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Ohio Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured OH Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Ohio or from OH.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Ohio residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Ohio has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Ohio long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or OH out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want OH full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Ohio movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of OH moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Ohio at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Ohio, OH
Avon Lake, OH
Bowling Green, OH
Grove City, OH
Maple Heights, OH
Mount Vernon, OH
New Albany, OH
New Philadelphia, OH
North Canton, OH
Washington Township, OH
West Chester, OH
Western Hills, OH
Find Other Moving Services near Ohio
Moving to Ohio?
Ohio has come to reflect the urbanized, industrialized, and ethnically mixed United States. The pattern of life in the state is very representative of the country as a whole. There are eight U.S presidents who were from Ohio, William H. Harrison, Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, James A. Garfield, Benjamin Harrison, William McKinley, William H. Taft and Warren G. Harding.
The state lies in the heart of the country which makes it highly accessible and which is perhaps the key factor in its growth. Ohio is also the birthplace of aviation and has been the home to 24 astronauts including Neil Armstrong, who was the first human to walk on the moon.
If you are moving to Ohio, there are a lot of things you need to know and luckily you have come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Ohio
- Ohio offers many year-round attractions; you can expect that there are always special events to take place throughout the year. Whatever weather you prefer, whether it is warm sunshine or a little nip in the air, you will find it in Ohio. The summers in the state are warm and sunny with an average temperature of 90F/32C. Humidity across the state is high, but not excessive. You can expect to have more rain during late spring and early summer. You can also expect some thunderstorms during this season, and the temperature range in April and May is 37-70F/3-21C in the Northeast and 41-72F/5-22C in the southwest. (Helpful Link: Ohio Weather)
- Registering your Car: You must have the original certificate of title or memorandum certificate of title in order to register your vehicle in Ohio upon moving to the state. These documents are to prove the ownership of the vehicle. A photocopy of the certificate is not acceptable, and you can obtain the Ohio title at the country clerk of courts. Only the owners or the individuals with the power of attorney from the owner can apply for the registration. You must have power of attorney along with proof of identification if the vehicle is on lease. (Helpful Link: Ohio DMV)
- Obtaining an Ohio Driver’s License: In order to have a new driver’s license from Ohio, one must submit all the previous driving records from their home state. You must also have an official letter from your home state within the last 30 days, to begin the license transfer process. You must also have proof of identity, proof of legal presence in United States and proof of Ohio residence.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Ohio is $176,203, while the median sales price is just over $133,358. The Ohio Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Ohio.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Ohio State Moving Resource Page)
- The Education Management Information System (EMIS) provides the Ohio Department of education with the architecture and standards for reporting data. There are many scholarship programs available for students who are moving to Ohio. And also there are many community schools, joint vocational schools, private schools which are available for students. In addition to the many great public elementary, middle and high schools available to Ohio students, the state also has several well-known and established collegiate institutions such as Ohio State University, the University of Miami Ohio, Ohio University, Cleveland State University, Youngstown State University, the University of Cincinnati, and Xavier University, among many others. (Helpful Link: Ohio Schools)
As of 2011, Ohio was ranked 23rd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 25 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Ohio
The state of Ohio is more industrialized and has a leading share in the production of lime, clays and salt. The chief industries of the state are manufacturing, trade and services. The important manufacturing goods in Ohio are transportation equipment, machinery, and primary and fabricated metal products. The major crops are corn, hay, winter wheat and soy beans. Tourism in Ohio is also one of the leading contributors to the economy and the state’s revenue.
As of Feb 2012 the unemployment rate of Ohio is 7.6, which shows that there is a lower unemployment rate compared to rest of the states. (Helpful Link: Ohio Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Ohio is $47,358, while the average per capita income for the state is $37,791.
Important Locations in Ohio