|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Oklahoma.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Tip movers 5 percent of the cost ... |
Tipping movers is always a little tricky, and you should check if the moving company you hire has any official policy on tipping on their website. Usually tipping 5 percent of the cost of the move is acceptable. If a mover says that he is not allowed to accept tips, don’t force the issue, he is likely telling the truth and forcing him to take a tip could get him in trouble.
Private vs. Chain Moving Companies |
Consider these things when trying to decide between a privately-owned moving company and a large chain: Price, customer service, reputation, equipment, services offered and experience. Whatever aspects matter more to you, keep those at the top of your list.
Always Look into Added Insurance ... |
When hiring a moving company, be sure to familiarize yourself with their insurance policies and what they do and do not cover during a move. Some companies only offer a small amount of reimbursement for items that become damaged during a move (only 60 cents per pound!). Making sure you know ahead of time what percentage of your items will be covered may make your decision easier.
Learn to Spot Good Service |
When the company gives you an estimate, a sign of good service will be them showing up to your house to do a thorough survey of the home. They should also provide you with all the documents you’re meant to have including the Bill of Lading, the inventory list and a copy of "Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move" - a booklet created by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that lays out everything required of a moving company. Another tip is to search for reviews of the company
Weight Requirements for Small Moves |
The great thing about small moving companies is that they do not hold you to a minimum of 2,000 pounds of freight like most large-scale commercial companies. However, some of these small movers do have a weight requirement of a minimum of 100 pounds. Always ask if you aren’t sure.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Oklahoma Moving Companies and OK Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Oklahoma Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured OK Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Oklahoma or from OK.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Oklahoma residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Oklahoma has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Oklahoma long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or OK out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want OK full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Oklahoma movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of OK moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Oklahoma at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Oklahoma, OK
Elk City, OK
Sand Springs, OK
Find Other Moving Services near Oklahoma
Moving to Oklahoma?
Created from the amalgamation of the Oklahoma territory and Native American territory, this Frontier Strip state lies partly in the Great Plains. The state is known by the nickname The Sooner State, representing those people who went over the boundaries the night before the land run to claim an area in Native American territory. The name Oklahoma originated from a Choctaw word which means “red people.”
The state is culturally known for its southern hospitality. It is also famous for the plight of uneducated farmers of the Dust Bowl era that has been depicted in John Steinbeck's novel The Grapes of Wrath
. Sitting right above Texas and right below Kansas, Oklahoma has a little bit of the unique flavor from each state, with the down-home southern hospitality of Texas blending together with the calm and serene prairie lifestyle of Kansas.
If you’re moving to Oklahoma, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Oklahoma
- Oklahoma features a humid subtropical climate with short winters and long summers is prevalent in Oklahoma. The region experiences extremes of temperature and precipitation because of its location in the tornado valley where there is constant mixing of cold and warm air masses. Oklahoma is drained by the Mississippi River, the Arkansas River, and the Red River, so floods are a frequent phenomenon whose severity was reduced by adapting many flood prevention programs. Tornadoes occur frequently during springtime, with the state experiencing 54 tornadoes in a year. Part of the National Weather Service – Storm Prediction Center, National Severe Storms Laboratory, and Warning Decision Training Bench are all located in the state. (Helpful Link: Oklahoma Weather)
- Registering your Car: You have 30 days to register your vehicle from the date of establishing residency in the state and after the period has expired, a late fee has to be paid. Registration is done at any of your local DMV offices. You have to submit the required paperwork along with the fees. You can also order tags: Personalized tags require four months while regular tags need four weeks. (Helpful Link: Oklahoma DMV)
- Obtaining an Oklahoma Driver’s License: You can exchange your valid out-of-state license for an Oklahoma license as long as the state you are from has similar driving, training, and education requirements. You don't have to take road or written tests. However, you have to take a vision test at a Department of Public Safety Office.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Oklahoma is $200,199, while the median sales price is just over $106,000. The Oklahoma Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Oklahoma.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Oklahoma State Moving Resource Page)
- The Oklahoma educational system is comprised of public primary, secondary, and vocational schools which are supervised by the state Department of Education. The department works in collaboration with parents, community leaders, CareerTech, and higher education officials in executing the state's education policies and programs. The National Institute of Early Education Research called the state a model for early childhood schooling and ranked it first in the United States when it came to standards, quality, and access to pre-kindergarten education. As part of higher education, the state boasts of some of the premier universities in the nation. Notable among them are the University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, Northeastern State University, and the University of Tulsa. The state reports the highest enrollment of Native American students in the nation in both schools and universities. (Helpful Link: Oklahoma Schools)
As of 2011, Oklahoma was ranked 40th
out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Oklahoma
The major revenue-generating sectors in the economy of Oklahoma are agriculture, industry, and energy. Oklahoma ranks in the top five states in the production of beef cattle and wheat. Other agricultural products include hogs, chickens, dairy products, hay, cotton, soybean, pecans, peanuts, rye, and watermelons. Major industries of the state are transportation equipment (especially aircraft and aerospace equipment), tires, meat processing, and oil and gas equipment manufacturing. American Airlines has its global maintenance and engineering headquarters in Tulsa. Also, the state is a leading producer of natural gas and crude oil. With its low tax burden, the state has been rated as one of the most business-friendly states in the nation.
- As of early 2012, the state of Oklahoma had an unemployment rate of 5.4 percent, which is much lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Oklahoma Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Oklahoma is $42,979, while the average per capita income for the state is $23,094.
Important Locations in Oklahoma
- State Capital: Oklahoma City
- Largest Cities:
- Broken Arrow
- Oklahoma City
- Major landmarks and attractions:Oklahoma City National Memorial; Myriad Botanical Gardens; Heller Theater; National Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage; Pensacola Dam; Duncan Little Theater; White Water Bay. (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Oklahoma )
- National Parks:
- Chickesaw National Recreation Area
- Oklahoma City National Memorial
- Washita Battlefield National Historic Site
- State park System: The 35 state parks found throughout Oklahoma, with their natural allure and diverse topography which ranges from lakes, mountains to sand dunes and forests, let you thoroughly enjoy the outdoor experience. From rappelling at Red Rock Canyon state park to a scuba adventure in Lake Tenkiller's dive park, to a cave tour at Alabaster Caverns state park to trout fishing at Mountain Fort River at Beavers Bend state park, Oklahoma’s parks are a mecca of outdoor recreation with the availability of every imaginable water sport in the country. (Helpful Link: Oklahoma Department of Conservation and Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Tulsa International Airport
- Will Rogers World Airport
- Lawton-Fort Sill Regional Airport
- Wiley Post Airport