|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Rhode Island.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Benefits of Full Service Moves |
Full service moves are defined as a service which encompass all of the primary aspects of the moving process, like packing, loading, shipping, delivery, unpacking and assembly. A full service move covers all of your bases and is extremely convenient. If you’re contemplating hiring a full-service moving company, read about all of the possible benefits of full service moves right here.
Figuring Out the Cost of an ... |
Every move is unique because of the different circumstances that often compose the moving process. However, when you are getting prepared to move and planning for your upcoming relocation, you may be curious about the cost of an average move, as knowing this can better help you shape your moving budget and know just how much money you need to allocate for the move.
Make a Moving Budget |
Knowing what you can afford ahead of your move will make it go that much smoother. Use a gas calculator to make sure you budget enough for gas, don’t assume you’ll find enough free boxes for your entire move. You may even need to rent special tools or equipment. It’s better to be proactive than reactive, you’ll stress less and probably save more.
Common Company Policies |
If you’ll be using their packing services make sure that they do an in-house survey. It will give them a better idea of what you’ll be moving and you can ask them more questions. When loading and unloading they should have all the proper equipment to prevent damage to you items and to prevent injury to themselves and to you.
How to Find Piano Movers |
Pianos make a wonderful addition to any home. However, when moving to a new home, transporting these instruments can be a hassle. Since all pianos are large, fragile, and expensive, the best option is to have professionals handle the move rather than doing it yourself. While many moving companies have experience moving pianos, you might feel more comfortable using a company that specializes only in moving the instruments.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
Rhode Island Moving Companies and RI Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Rhode Island Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured RI Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Rhode Island or from RI.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Rhode Island residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Rhode Island has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Rhode Island long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or RI out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want RI full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Rhode Island movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of RI moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Rhode Island at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Rhode Island, RI
East Greenwich, RI
|Valley Falls, RI|
Find Other Moving Services near Rhode Island
Moving to Rhode Island?
Rhode Island may be the smallest state in the U.S., but it has over 400 miles of coastline. The state also has various different kinds of breathtaking landforms and scenic lakes scattered throughout the land. Rhode Island has nearly 300 ponds, lakes and reservoirs and more than 60 percent of the state is covered with woodland. Some of the most famous Rhode Islanders were novelists Cormac McCarthy and Jhumpa Lahiri.
The state also has many glacial and manmade lakes, which are the major tourist attractions. The state has lots of islands which also house a great number of resorts. These resorts have become a landing spot for the rich. Rhode Island was in the forefront of the industrial revolution, and also in the establishment of textile mills. Rhode Island hosted the first National Lawn Tennis games. There are also many other sports and activities to indulge in such as water sports, fishing, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, water-skiing and whitewater rafting.
If you’re moving to Rhode Island, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Rhode Island
Rhode Island Climate
- The climate of Rhode Island is humid and usually mild. The state has summers extremely hot and winters extremely cold. The annual temperature of Rhode Island ranges from an average of 28 F in January to 3 F in July. The highest recorded temperature was 104 F which was on August 2, 1975 and the lowest was -23 F at Kingston on January 11, 1942. The average annual precipitation recorded in the state is 46.5 inches, and the weather of Rhode Island is highly variable with storms and hurricanes being a rare threat. (Helpful Link: Rhode Island Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Rhode Island after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 30 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. You are required to have proof of insurance to complete your vehicle registration. The initial registration fee can vary on a couple of factors such as sales tax and pay based on the vehicle’s purchase price. (Helpful Link: Rhode Island DMV)
- Obtaining a Rhode Island Driver’s License: A Rhode Island Driver’s License can be obtained at any Rhode Island DMV location. The state requires new Rhode Island residents to update their license from their previous state to a Rhode Island driver’s license. You must display proof of identity as well as verify that your vehicle is insured in the state of Rhode Island.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Rhode Island is $422,797, while the median sales price is just over $265,000. The Rhode Island Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Rhode Island.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: Rhode Island State Moving Resource Page)
- The mission of the Rhode Island Department of Education is to provide all of its students with an affordable system of education. The Department of Education is developing a lot of excellent, efficient and accessible ways for its students to attain an education, and is fostering the overall development of Rhode Islanders. The school system hopes that by doing this, the students of Rhode Island can enrich their intellectual, social, and cultural life. Some of the universities and institutes of higher learning in Rhode Island include the Rhode Island School of Design, Providence College, Brown University, the prestigious Ivy League school, and the University of Rhode Island. (Helpful Link: Rhode Island Schools)
As of 2011, Rhode Island was ranked 11th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 15 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Wisconsin
The state of Rhode Island is much smaller than most other states in the U.S. Due to its smaller size, the state does not support agriculture. The economy of Rhode Island does not have a prominent agricultural sector. The state’s leading manufactured product is electrical equipment such as surge protectors, lighting fixtures, and light bulbs. The leading service industry in Rhode Island is the finance sector, while insurance and real estate is also prominent. Community, business, and personal services rank second in the service industry of Rhode Island.
- As of early 2012, the state of Rhode Island had an unemployment rate of 11.1 percent, which is the second highest in the nation behind Nevada and much higher than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: Rhode Island Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of Rhode Island is $54,902, while the average per capita income for the state is $28,707.
Important Locations in Rhode Island