|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from South Carolina.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Tips for Moving in the Fall |
In the fall, the leaves change colors and the weather changes as well, so it's also a good time to change addresses if you're considering moving. If you don't want the hectic stress of moving during the hot summer months and want a better deal from a moving company, you might consider moving during the fall. This guide will explain the benefits and drawbacks of moving during the fall season, so you can better prepare yourself for your upcoming relocation.
How to Make Your Dog Familiar with ... |
When you're moving with pets, it can sometimes be difficult to help them adjust to their new surroundings, certainly more difficult than it is for children and family members because you can't communicate with them. For dogs especially, moving can be just as stressful an experience for them as it is for you and your family, and this guide will provide you with some tips and advice on how to help them adjust to their new home.
Finding Cross Country Movers |
Moving all the way across the country can be a difficult task, and that's even before you get to hiring a moving company to take care of the job for you. But aside from all of the planning and preparation, and especially all of the packing that has to be done, you also have to find a good reliable cross country mover to handle your relocation. This guide will give you some pointers on how to find that cross country moving company that's right for your move.
Benefits of Full Service Moves |
Full service moves are defined as a service which encompass all of the primary aspects of the moving process, like packing, loading, shipping, delivery, unpacking and assembly. A full service move covers all of your bases and is extremely convenient. If you’re contemplating hiring a full-service moving company, read about all of the possible benefits of full service moves right here.
Moving Company Policies |
Every moving company has different policies regarding different facets of the move that can range from how they go about the packing and loading process to how they conduct the move and how they give estimates, so it can’t hurt to familiarize yourself with the most common ones so you can be prepared for your move.
|Recent Moving Reviews||
South Carolina Moving Companies and SC Relocation Services
If you're looking for a South Carolina Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured SC Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to South Carolina or from SC.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable South Carolina residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers South Carolina has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable South Carolina long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or SC out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want SC full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of South Carolina movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of SC moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of South Carolina at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in South Carolina, SC
Boiling Springs, SC
Fair Play, SC
Hilton Head Island
Isle Of Palms
Lake City, SC
Little River, SC
Mount Pleasant, SC
North Myrtle Beach
Port Royal, SC
Rock Hill, SC
Surfside Beach, SC
West Columbia, SC
Find Other Moving Services near South Carolina
Moving to South Carolina?
As you pass into the state of South Carolina on Interstate 95, you aren’t likely to miss the huge rest stop, gift shop, hotel and novelty Mecca located on the side of the highway with the giant sign signaling that you have now moved “South of the Border.” Although you’re still in America, one thing that is true about South Carolina is that you are definitely in the south.
From the state’s beautiful beaches and the bright neon lights and vibrant nightlife of Myrtle Beach’s world famous strip, to the thousands of perfectly manicured golf courses and sprawling acres of palmetto trees, South Carolina is a unique state that manages to be everything all at once.
If you’re moving to South Carolina, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to South Carolina
South Carolina Climate
- The subtropical climate of South Carolina often vastly differs from the coastal regions to the inland portions of the state. For example, summer temperatures on the coast tend to be high, with averages lingering between 85 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit. However, what sets apart the coast from the inland regions is the high humidity that is often present during the summer months near the coast. Humidity can often reach 80 percent or higher making the temperature feel like it is in the triple digits. During the winter, temperatures along the coast tend to be much milder, while the inland areas experience more winter weather in regards to snowfall and lower temperatures. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in South Carolina after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 45 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. To buy some more time for yourself, you may purchase a 45-day temporary registration tag upon moving to the state. (Helpful Link: South Carolina DMV)
- Obtaining a South Carolina Driver’s License: A South Carolina Driver’s License can be obtained at any South Carolina DMV location. The state requires new South Carolina residents to update their license from their previous state to a South Carolina driver’s license within 90 days of moving. If you hold a license from another state, you do not have to retake a driving test, provided your license has not expired.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in South Carolina is $291,199, while the median sales price is just over $129,900. The South Carolina Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of South Carolina.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: South Carolina State Moving Resource Page)
- Only one of the three states in the country that have not agreed to using competitive international math and language arts standards in their educational system, South Carolina has its own proprietary system for educational standards that it currently uses. Along with a vast network of public school systems including elementary, middle, junior high and high schools, South Carolina also has a number of prestigious institutes of higher learning located within the state such as Clemson University, the University of South Carolina, Furman University, Wofford College, Winthrop University, Coastal Carolina University, Charleston Southern University, South Carolina State University and The Citadel. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Schools)
As of 2011, South Carolina was ranked 49th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 50 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of South Carolina
Some of the major agricultural products that drive South Carolina’s economy and are major sources of state revenue include the production of tobacco, poultry, cattle, dairy products, soybeans, hay, rice, and swine. On the industrial side, South Carolina is known for its production of textiles, chemical products, paper products, cars and automobile products. Also, tourism plays a major role in South Carolina’s economy, as millions of visitors flock to the state every year for their world-renowned golf courses and to visit the resorts of Myrtle Beach during the spring and summer.
- As of early 2012, the state of South Carolina had an unemployment rate of 8.9 percent, which is marginally higher than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of South Carolina is $43,939, while the average per capita income for the state is $23,443.
Important Locations in South Carolina
- State Capital: Columbia
- Largest Cities:
- Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Head Island
- Major landmarks and attractions: Broadway at the Beach; Barefoot Landing; Myrtle Beach boardwalk; Historic downtown Charleston; Hilton Head Island; Ripley’s Believe It or Not Aquarium; Fort Sumter (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in South Carolina)
- National Parks:
- Congaree National Park
- Cowpens National Battlefield
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- State park System: South Carolina has a diverse system of state parks that span the state from the western, mountainous portion of the state to the eastern Atlantic coastline and the many marshlands and protected wildlife areas that dot the landscape. The parks provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of South Carolina by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Charleston International Airport
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
- Myrtle Beach International Airport
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Florence Regional Airport