|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from South Carolina.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Keep Kids and Pets Out of Movers’ ... |
For everyone’s safety, make sure your children and furry friends are occupied and out of the movers’ path.
How Long Does it Take Movers to ... |
Packing can be a time-consuming and exhausting process, but it's also a vital one and one of the most important parts of the moving process. You can choose to handle it yourself if you like a challenge, or you may choose to hire trained professionals to take care of the job for you. If you take the second road, you might be wondering how long it would take them to pack your house and what kind of factors go into figuring out how the process works.
Don’t automatically hire the ... |
Just because the company is the most affordable, it doesn’t mean it’s the wisest choice. There are many reasons why companies are cheaper than others. You may be getting substandard service or even worse, it may be a scam. Make sure to get multiple estimates and use your instinct when choosing a company.
Help Your Movers on Moving Day |
While aiding them with carrying and loading is not necessary (that’s what you are paying them for), providing drinks, snacks or lunch, a tip for good service, and a safe working environment is important.
Interstate movers are required to ... |
Long distance movers should have certification to legally move items over state borders. The companies should have a United States Department of Transportation (US DOT) number that certifies that they are real licensed interstate moving companies.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|Efficient and courteous!|
|They were incredibly efficient, they packed fantastically and they were courteous! |
|Review by : Gregory
Posted on : 11/19/2014
|No problems at all|
Lightning Auto Carriers LLC
|Well it went fine. It was great, no problems at all. [The driver was] good and courteous. Yes [they gave me a price quote and] yes [that's what I paid in the end]. [It was] really good. |
|Review by : Paul
Posted on : 11/19/2014
|It went fantastic|
Apartment Movers etc
|It went fantastic. They were there, they came in, and they did everything that I asked them to do. They made it easy and quick. They even took some extra stuff that I thought I wasn't gonna take, they had room so they took it. We got to the new house, they put everything up and put it where I wanted. It was easy, they worked consistently, they didn't stop to take a bunch of breaks and delay the time. It was great. If I were to move again I would use them again. No hitches, no extra fees, nothing, it was fantastic. They were very nice and courteous and cordial. |
|Review by : Cassandra
Posted on : 11/18/2014
South Carolina Moving Companies and SC Relocation Services
If you're looking for a South Carolina Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured SC Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to South Carolina or from SC.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable South Carolina residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers South Carolina has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable South Carolina long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or SC out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want SC full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of South Carolina movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of SC moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of South Carolina at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in South Carolina, SC
Boiling Springs, SC
Fair Play, SC
Hilton Head Island
Isle Of Palms
Lake City, SC
Little River, SC
Mount Pleasant, SC
North Myrtle Beach
Port Royal, SC
Rock Hill, SC
Surfside Beach, SC
West Columbia, SC
Find Other Moving Services near South Carolina
Moving to South Carolina?
As you pass into the state of South Carolina on Interstate 95, you aren’t likely to miss the huge rest stop, gift shop, hotel and novelty Mecca located on the side of the highway with the giant sign signaling that you have now moved “South of the Border.” Although you’re still in America, one thing that is true about South Carolina is that you are definitely in the south.
From the state’s beautiful beaches and the bright neon lights and vibrant nightlife of Myrtle Beach’s world famous strip, to the thousands of perfectly manicured golf courses and sprawling acres of palmetto trees, South Carolina is a unique state that manages to be everything all at once.
If you’re moving to South Carolina, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to South Carolina
South Carolina Climate
- The subtropical climate of South Carolina often vastly differs from the coastal regions to the inland portions of the state. For example, summer temperatures on the coast tend to be high, with averages lingering between 85 and 95 degrees Fahrenheit. However, what sets apart the coast from the inland regions is the high humidity that is often present during the summer months near the coast. Humidity can often reach 80 percent or higher making the temperature feel like it is in the triple digits. During the winter, temperatures along the coast tend to be much milder, while the inland areas experience more winter weather in regards to snowfall and lower temperatures. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in South Carolina after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 45 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. To buy some more time for yourself, you may purchase a 45-day temporary registration tag upon moving to the state. (Helpful Link: South Carolina DMV)
- Obtaining a South Carolina Driver’s License: A South Carolina Driver’s License can be obtained at any South Carolina DMV location. The state requires new South Carolina residents to update their license from their previous state to a South Carolina driver’s license within 90 days of moving. If you hold a license from another state, you do not have to retake a driving test, provided your license has not expired.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in South Carolina is $291,199, while the median sales price is just over $129,900. The South Carolina Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of South Carolina.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: South Carolina State Moving Resource Page)
- Only one of the three states in the country that have not agreed to using competitive international math and language arts standards in their educational system, South Carolina has its own proprietary system for educational standards that it currently uses. Along with a vast network of public school systems including elementary, middle, junior high and high schools, South Carolina also has a number of prestigious institutes of higher learning located within the state such as Clemson University, the University of South Carolina, Furman University, Wofford College, Winthrop University, Coastal Carolina University, Charleston Southern University, South Carolina State University and The Citadel. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Schools)
As of 2011, South Carolina was ranked 49th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 50 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of South Carolina
Some of the major agricultural products that drive South Carolina’s economy and are major sources of state revenue include the production of tobacco, poultry, cattle, dairy products, soybeans, hay, rice, and swine. On the industrial side, South Carolina is known for its production of textiles, chemical products, paper products, cars and automobile products. Also, tourism plays a major role in South Carolina’s economy, as millions of visitors flock to the state every year for their world-renowned golf courses and to visit the resorts of Myrtle Beach during the spring and summer.
- As of early 2012, the state of South Carolina had an unemployment rate of 8.9 percent, which is marginally higher than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of South Carolina is $43,939, while the average per capita income for the state is $23,443.
Important Locations in South Carolina
- State Capital: Columbia
- Largest Cities:
- Myrtle Beach
- Hilton Head Island
- Major landmarks and attractions: Broadway at the Beach; Barefoot Landing; Myrtle Beach boardwalk; Historic downtown Charleston; Hilton Head Island; Ripley’s Believe It or Not Aquarium; Fort Sumter (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in South Carolina)
- National Parks:
- Congaree National Park
- Cowpens National Battlefield
- Fort Sumter National Monument
- State park System: South Carolina has a diverse system of state parks that span the state from the western, mountainous portion of the state to the eastern Atlantic coastline and the many marshlands and protected wildlife areas that dot the landscape. The parks provide many opportunities to appreciate the natural wonders of South Carolina by hiking, fishing, biking and hunting. (Helpful Link: South Carolina Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Charleston International Airport
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
- Myrtle Beach International Airport
- Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Florence Regional Airport