|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Texas.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Help Your Movers on Moving Day |
While aiding them with carrying and loading is not necessary (that’s what you are paying them for), providing drinks, snacks or lunch, a tip for good service, and a safe working environment is important.
Only consider in-house estimates ... |
Moving companies that only give estimates over the phone could be fraudulent. Even if you describe things in painstaking detail, there is always something that you forget or some unknown feature of your home that could present a problem for the movers, which could end up costing you more for the move. In-house estimates are more accurate because the moving company’s representative can access the actual size and weight of the shipment and the layout and location of your home.
Most Affordable Way to Move Long ... |
So you’re making a long distance move and you’re at the point of realization when it starts to become apparent that this is going to be a much more daunting task then you even imagined. I mean, you’re going to be packing up just about everything you own and not only moving it, but moving it far away. This guide will provide you with a list of helpful tips and advice on how to make the most of your long distance move and not let it burn a hole in your budget.
Local Moves |
Local moves are typically defined by moves that occur in a radius of less than 50 miles. Even if you aren’t moving very far away, or even out of your town, there are still a lot of preparations that need to be made for a local move, and learning about the intricacies of a local move can better help you prepare.
How to Find a House Mover |
Many people don't want to leave their house behind when they move. If that's the case for you, you can actually move your entire house with you. You may have to move because of work, because of frequent flooding in your current location, or because of any number of other reasons. Whatever your situation is, you don't have to say goodbye to your home when you move.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|Still waiting for compensation 5 ...|
Fine Line Relocation Inc
|Do you like sleeping on a bed? Sitting on your sofa? Thanks to Fine Line Relocation, I not only sleep on the floor now but was also delivered no seating, and my winter wardrobe is lost and it's getting cold. All totaled, Fine Line Relocation cost me close to $10,000 in destroyed and missing property. You see, they did something they claimed they did not do: they brokered my job out. They hired a company whose driver had slept only 2 hours before driving from Dallas to Houston to pick up my belongings and transport them back to Fine Line's warehouse in Dallas for storage. He crashed the van into an 18-wheeler parked well off Interstate 45, sheared off the passenger side of the "box" dumping 1/3 of the van's contents all over the freeway at 1:53 am just 10 hours after leaving my house. What did he do in those 10 hours? Why travel around Houston picking up 2 more households' furniture, of course! So along with my housemate, 4 households' worth of belongings in total were dumped on the side of the road to be scooped up into earth movers and taken to the dump in order to clear the roadway. How did I find out? Did Fine Line Relocation do the right thing and notify me that there'd been a mishap and assure me that they were onto investigating what happened? NOOOOOO! I found out from a compassionate police officer who happened to pick up some photos fluttering about and was determined to get them back to their rightful owners. He called me a full 5 days after the accident and was surprised that my moving company hadn't notified me or any of the households involved. When I asked the staff at Fine Line Relocation why we hadn't been notified, they claimed that 97% of people would not want to know their belongings had been involved in a road accident if no other information was available. They cited no source for this statistic. Fine Line Relocation charged me full price for my move - despite the fact that my belongings were kept in Police Impound for 3 weeks - and for the record, that's out in the open, not in their climate-controlled facility that I paid for! When they recovered what was left of my things, they delayed delivery of them 11 days after my requested delivery date. I received pieces of a bed frame, pieces of a sofa-futon, pieces of a desk, pieces of a bookshelf and damaged boxes, retaped with items missing from them. I am still missing 12 boxes of belongings and a lingere chest. Oh, and my boxspring was damaged beyond repair. If you want to pay someone twice the originally quoted to destroy your belongings, then refuse to answer phone calls or recompense you for your losses, then Fine Line Relocation is the company for you! |
|Review by : Belinda
Posted on : 12/7/2016
Super Good Movers
|I hired supergood movers in June 2015 and spoke with the rep was very pleasant but when the actual movers came, they were late, unprofessional and to top it off, they broke a lot of my stuff. My Brand new Plasma TV was broken, I had bought it 2 weeks before moving. I called the customer service and spoke with Kiera who stated that I need to complete the claim form, the receipt for the tv and email the pictures. She stated that their claims department will call me to schedule a day to come and look at the tv, so that I can get an estimate. It took them over 3 months, for a response. I called the her and emailed on a weekly basis, finally in September 2015, I got a email from Cory, stated that the claims department has made a decision and that the were only going to pay $60. 00 only on a $2,250.00 TV. I asked him how did the come up with the estimate WHEN NO ONE FROM SUPERGOOD MOVERS CALLED OR EVEN CAME TO LOOK AT THE DAMAGE? NO ONE RESPONDED BACK, I CONTINUED TO CALL AND SEND ME EMAILS BUT NO RESPONSE YET. FINALLY IN MAY 2016, KEIRA EMAILED ME A DOCUMENT THAT INDICATING THAT SUPERGOOD MOVERS NEED MY ADDRESS AND SIGNATURE TO MAIL ME A CHECK. THE DOCUMENTS THAT SHE EMIALED ALL INFORMATION WAS INCORRECT INCLUDING THE CUSTOMER NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBERS, THE CLAIM NUMBER, THE INCIDENT DATE. I CALLED AND SPOKE WITH HER, SHE STATED THAT CORY WAS THE ONE TYPED UP THE DOCUMENT AND THAT SHE WOULD HAVE HIM FIX THE ERROR. I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD BACK FROM EITHER HER OR CORY. I HAVE BEEN CALLING AND EMAILING THEM ON A WEEKLY BASIS SINCE MAY 2016 AND THE PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN FIXED YET OR GOTTEN ANY RESPONSE BACK FROM THEM. PLEASE DON'T USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR MOVING. THE ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, CARELESS WITH YOUR ITEMS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICES. |
|Review by : Lydia
Posted on : 12/6/2016
|Do not use them|
|The two guys they had come over were not professional with my wife and daughter. I had things quoted they were supposed to do. They didn't do that. They broke my dining room table glass top. And they never said anything and threw it away. They gave my wife a hard time about it when she called them. They were raising their voice. Using unprofessional language.|
|Review by : David
Posted on : 12/7/2016
Texas Moving Companies and TX Relocation Services
If you're looking for a Texas Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured TX Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Texas or from TX.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Texas residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Texas has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Texas long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or TX out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want TX full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Texas movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of TX moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Texas at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Texas, TX
Big Spring, TX
Cedar Hill, TX
Clear Lake City
College Station, TX
Deer Park, TX
Del Rio, TX
El Paso, TX
Grand Prairie, TX
La Porte, TX
Missouri City, TX
North Richland Hills
Round Rock, TX
San Antonio, TX
San Benito, TX
San Marcos, TX
Texas City, TX
Find Other Moving Services near Texas
Moving to Texas?
Texas is one of the most heavily populated states in the country – in fact it is the third most populous in the United States. The entire population of Texas is about 24 million, out of which 70% of the population lives within 200 miles of Austin. Texas is about 267,339 square miles which is a total of 7.4% of the nation’s total area.
The great wide open expanse of most of the state has long since been the backdrop for many picturesque scenes and harkens back to the days of the timeless Westerns that so many people associate with the state of Texas. Visions of cowboys riding atop horses into the sunset are what many see when they think of Texas, but it is deeper than that. The great American sense of freedom and independence are the main values and ideals that native Texans hold dearly. Americana is rich in the state of Texas, and it is very much alive.
If you’re moving to Texas, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Texas
- The average January temperature for Amarillo is 36.7 degrees and the average winter temperature for Brownsville is 61.4 degrees. Brownsville recorded a maximum temperature of 106 degrees on March 27, 1984 and Amarillo has reported snow and a temperature of 35 degrees. Basically, the temperature throughout the state can vary wildly, from extremely hot and dry during the day in the summer, to much cooler temperatures at night when the sun goes down. Although mostly covered by plains, 10% of Texas is covered by forest, which includes four national and five state forests. The average rainfall record in West Texas is less than 8 inches and in East Texas exceeds 56 inches. The summer of Texas 2012 was the hottest since 1895. (Helpful Link: Texas Weather)
- Registering your Car: The first few weeks can be a busy time for anyone who is new to Texas. One must make sure to register their vehicle as soon as they can. In order to do that one can find a local car service provider who will inspect your vehicle. There are also vehicle inspection stations available where one must show detailed proof of adequate insurance and your driver’s license. (Helpful Link: Texas DMV)
- Obtaining a Texas Driver’s License: Upon moving to Texas, one must also apply for a Texas Driver’s license. One must go to a driver’s license division office of the Texas Department of Public safety. Unless you are a student or a military member you must submit any existing license and apply for a new license here. One has 90 days upon arrival to have a Texas driver’s license. You must also make sure to learn about the Texas point system as getting a ticket in Texas can be very expensive.
- Real Estate: One can find homes in Texas at variable costs. Some of the prices for houses in Texas can range from $59,900 to $279,900. For more information about the price of housing in Texas and the current Texas housing market, there are various online resources that can help you find the property you’re looking for.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for moving and storage companies in Texas, there are many available that can help you with the relocation process, however, one must make sure that moving and storage corporations are providing the proper insurance. One can log onto the following link to get more information about moving into Texas. (Helpful Link: Texas State Moving Resource Page)
- The Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) is constantly putting in all of its efforts to increase student success. It is making higher education more affordable and cost effective. Texas has made great strides in this and the progress made can be seen in the Texas Public Higher Education Almanac. Among the diverse public school systems that can be found throughout the state, there is also a wide selection of public and private universities that one can choose from including, but not limited to, the University of Texas, Texas Tech University, Texas A&M University, Rice University, the University of Houston, the University of Texas-San Antonio, the University of Texas-El Paso and Baylor University. One can log onto the following link to know more information about education in Texas.
As of 2011, Texas was ranked 37th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 40 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Texas
The economy of Texas is heavily dependent on agriculture, manufacturing, mining and the service industry.
- Agriculture Among all states Texas is ranked #1 for total live stock and live stock product receipts. The top 5 agricultural products in Texas are beef cattle and calves, cotton, broilers, greenhouse, nursery products and dairy products.
- Manufacturing Texas is a leading manufacturing state. It is ranking first in the manufacturing of computers and other electronic goods. In the manufacturing of chemicals, Texas is ranking second and they are currently ranked third in the manufacture of foods and beverages such as beer, soft drinks, baked goods, preserved fruits and vegetables.
- Fishing The fishing industry in Texas is constantly rising in production. Texas fishing is known for its shrimp, crabs, flounder, oysters, red snapper, and sea trout. There are also farm-raised catfish which are raised in the state.
- Services Texas offers the biggest service industry which includes community, business and personal service groups. Wholesale trade is famous for its food products, vehicles and petroleum products. Finance, insurance and real estate services also play an important role in the economy of Texas.
- As of early 2012, the state of Texas had an unemployment rate of 7.1 percent. In the state of Texas, the civilian labor force is comprised of over 9.8 million citizens, 8.9 million of which are currently gainfully employed and a little less than 900,000 who are unemployed. (Helpful Link: Texas Department of Labor)
The per capita personal income (PCPI) in Texas is $28,472 and the median household income is $39,842.
Important Locations in Texas
- State Capital: Austin
- Largest Cities:
- San Antonio
- Fort Worth
- Corpus Christi
- San Angelo
- Major landmarks and attractions: The Alamo, Texas State Capitol, San Jacinto Monument and Museum, Washington-on-the-Brazos, Point Isabel Lighthouse, Battleship Texas, San Antonio Missions, Bishop's Palace, Texas State Cemetery, Moody Mansion. (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in Texas)
- National Parks:
- Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument
- Amistad National Recreation Area
- Big Bend National Park
- Big Thicket National Preserve
- Chamizal National Memorial
- Fort Davis National Historic Site
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park
- Lake Meredith National Recreation Area
- Lyndon B Johnson National Historical Park
- Padre Island National Seashore
- Palo Alto Battlefield National Historic Site
- Rio Grande Wild and Scenic River
- San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
- State park System: Texas offers a wide range of state parks, historic sites, natural areas, and Wildlife Management Areas such as the Parrie Haynes Ranch Sea Center, the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center and the World Birding Center. One can find the state parks which are close to their location by logging on to the following link for more information on state park system. (Helpful Link: Texas Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- San Antonio International Airport
- Dallas Love Field