|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from West Virginia.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Dallas Moving Guides and Tips |
One of the biggest cities not only in the Lone Star state of Texas but in the Midwest as well, Dallas is a thriving metropolitan area full of great nightlife, businesses, and attractions that ensure that life in the Big D is never dull. If you're moving to Dallas, this guide will provide you with helpful tips and advice on how to prepare for your upcoming move and what you need to know for when you arrive in Dallas.
Pickup and Delivery Service |
Want to have all of your boxes loaded onto a truck and driven to your destination, without the expenses of a full-service move? Then consider using a pickup and delivery service from your moving company. With this option, you simply pack everything yourself, and the movers will come to your house, place the goods in the truck, drive to your destination, and then unload everything.
Moving Budget Tips |
If you’re wondering how to save for your move, and you’re overwhelmed by the thought of how much your move is going to cost, it’s best to make a moving budget. Moving is expensive, so creating a budget for yourself and your family to stick to is of the utmost importance, and these tips will help you do just that.
Finding a Moving Company for Your ... |
When you need to find a moving company, a great place to start looking is by filling out a free quote form right here. Up to seven qualified moving companies from your area will contact you for estimates. Be sure to read any reviews the company may have before choosing them.
The Different Types of Moving ... |
During your move, you are likely to use the services of a moving agent. These agents handle the logistics of the move, such as making the appropriate arrangements and acting as a liaison between you and the moving company. Though you are likely to use moving agents for any type of move, their roles are especially crucial during long-distance and international moves.
|Recent Moving Reviews|
|I was very, very, very happy with ...|
Nationwide Moving Services
|They had three people who came over to pack my apartment up. They came over at 12:30 and they had completely packed everything out and moved it on the truck by 6... five and a half hours. When they unpacked it down in Florida, there wasn't really one thing broken out of place, so everything showed up as advertised. I was very, very, very happy with them.|
|Review by : Michael
Central Van & Storage
|They were outstanding! Two really nice guys! They were fantastic! It went very well, they stayed in touch with me, they got stuck in traffic and called and told me they were going to be delayed. They were really polite and put the furniture where we wanted it to go. It just went really well. |
|Review by : Anonymous
|These guys rock!|
Mover Dudes Inc
|They showed up on time, they were not supposed to come until the afternoon, but they came late morning, which was perfect. They called ahead, they asked questions to make sure they were doing exactly the right thing, they were very careful with all of my furniture, they were very polite, courteous, they did exactly what they were supposed to do.|
|Review by : Valerie
West Virginia Moving Companies and WV Relocation Services
If you're looking for a West Virginia Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured WV Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to West Virginia or from WV.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable West Virginia residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers West Virginia has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable West Virginia long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or WV out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want WV full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of West Virginia movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of WV moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of West Virginia at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in West Virginia, WV
Bunker Hill, WV
Mount Hope, WV
Oak Hill, WV
Pleasant Valley, WV
Point Pleasant, WV
Saint Albans, WV
South Charleston, WV
White Sulphur Springs, WV
Find Other Moving Services near West Virginia
Moving to West Virginia?
Situated in the Appalachian region of the Eastern United States is the landlocked state of West Virginia. The state was created from Virginia during the American Civil War through the Wheeling Conventions. It is the only state to be formed by seceding from a confederate state.
Due to the presence of the Appalachian Mountains, the state is nicknamed as the Mountaineer State and its motto is Montani Semper Liberi, meaning, “Mountaineers are always free.” The lush green landscape and the beautiful Allegheny Mountains have given the state the distinction of being the “Switzerland of America.”
The beauty of this state has been aptly described by John Denver in his song, Take Me Home, Country Roads. The state has also been the location for many movies such as A Beautiful Mind, Silence of the Lambs, Patch Adams, and October Sky.
If you’re moving to West Virginia, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to West Virginia
West Virginia Climate
- Owing to its topographic transitions, West Virginia experiences a highly variable weather pattern. A humid subtropical climate is prevalent in the lower elevations in the southwestern region of the state and in parts of the Eastern panhandle. Hot, humid summers and milder winters are found to the east of the Appalachians while the rest of the state experiences a humid continental climate with warm summers and cold winters that increase in severity with altitude. West Virginia is considered as one of the foggiest places in the country, with poor visibility for at least 40 days per year. It is due to high evapotranspiration rates from extensive forest cover, the nighttime radiation loss from elevated locations and the ensuing cold air drainage that often fills valleys. (Helpful Link: West Virginia Weather)
- Registering your Car: You have 30 days to register and title your car in West Virginia from the date of the beginning of your residency in the state. The fees include a $10 title fee, a registration fee of $30 and a $5 lien fee if applicable. The titling 5% sales tax on the vehicles' value has been exempted for new residents moving into West Virginia. In order to claim this exemption the vehicle has to be in the name of the applicant at the time of applying for the title. (Helpful Link: West Virginia DMV)
- Obtaining a West Virginia Driver’s License: If you are in possession of a valid out-of-state license, then you are eligible for a transfer of the license. If the out-of-state license is expired, you are required to produce a certified driving record from the state where you were previously licensed, before taking various examination tests of your vision, written, and road skills. You ought to complete a brief alcohol awareness course before a West Virginia license is issued. If your out-of-state license is suspended or revoked then it is considered illegal to drive in West Virginia until you get a clearance in the PDPS.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in West Virginia is $197,546, while the median sales price is just over $105,000. The West Virginia Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of West Virginia.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. (Helpful Link: West Virginia State Moving Resource Page)
- The West Virginia Board of Education oversees the functioning of formal public school education. The West Virginia Board of Education was established by the constitution and it supervises, controls, and manages the business and educational affairs of 834 elementary and secondary schools, and the West Virginia schools for the deaf and blind in Romney. All 8th grade students in the state are allowed to take history or social studies classes about the state and the top-scoring students in the test conducted are given an award each year. The West Virginia Education Policy Commission is vested with the responsibility of overseeing higher education institutions. As part of the higher education program the commission is also involved with coordinating scientific research grants to academic institutions from federal and state agencies. It also conducts activities to help broaden the public understanding of science and technology. Among the many great elementary, middle, and high schools in the state is a system of higher education institutions such as West Virginia University and various other community and county colleges. (Helpful Link: West Virginia Schools)
As of 2011, West Virginia was ranked 20th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 20 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of West Virginia
The economy of West Virginia is powered by diverse industries such as coal mining, livestock, chemical manufacturing, glass products and tourism. As far as agricultural products, West Virginia leads in the production of broilers, cattle and calves, chicken eggs, dairy products, and turkeys. Crops such as corn, soybean, hay, tobacco, apples, peaches, and wheat are also grown. The state leads the country in the production of coal, while exploration of natural gas is also undertaken. Lumber production is another important manufacturing activity in the state. From hand-blown containers to large scale manufacturing and cottage industry art glass, West Virginia presents a history of glass making. The state's premier skiing destinations have also attracted tourists in the hundreds of thousands and brought in billions of dollars of revenue.
- As of early 2012, the state of West Virginia had an unemployment rate of 7.2 percent, which is lower than the national average of 8.2 percent. (Helpful Link: West Virginia Department of Labor)
The median household income in the state of West Virginia is $38,380, while the average per capita income for the state is $21,232.
Important Locations in West Virginia
- State Capital: Charleston
- Largest Cities:
- Major landmarks and attractions: Snowshoe Mountain; Stonewall Jackson Lake; West Virginia Independence Hall; Capitol Music Hall; West Virginia Symphony Orchestra; George Washington's Trail; the Town of Harper's Ferry (Helpful Link: Top Tourist Attractions in West Virginia)
- National Parks:
- Bluestone National Scenic River
- Harper’s Ferry National Historical Park
- Wheeling National Heritage Area
- New River Gorge National River
- State park System: The West Virginia state park system is comprised of 36 parks that let you explore the scenic beauty of this mountain state. The parks, with its rugged mountain terrain, natural beauty and sylvan locations, let you indulge in a range of outdoor activities like river gorge hikes, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, kayaking, rock climbing, golfing, bird watching, hunting, fishing, and winter sports like skiing and sledding. (Helpful Link: West Virginia Department of Natural Resources)
- Major Airports:
- Yeager Airport
- North Central West Virginia Airport
- Tri-State Airport
- Morgantown Municipal Airport