Answered by Staff WriterNovember 11, 2019
Though renting a truck for your move may seem like a cost-effective option than hiring full-service movers, fuel expenses can have a significant effect on your budget. Here are a few tips to help your fuel efficiency on your move.
- Drive slowly: Fast driving burns more fuel and costs you more money. So, to improve your fuel economy, monitor your speed carefully and always stay under the posted legal limit.
- Maintain a steady speed and take the shortest route to use the least amount of fuel.
- Always drive the vehicle with the windows closed and use A/C sparingly.
- Keep your load light: It is quite difficult to drive a truck full of everything you own. So, before you move it’s a good idea to remove all the unnecessary items.
- Monitor your tire pressure to avoid the risk of accidents.
To get more information on how to increase your fuel economy, read our guide Fuel saving tips while driving a truck.