Answered by Nicole La CapriaSeptember 18, 2013
Hello, and thank you for visiting Movers.com!
The way your movers charge will depend on the type of move. Local movers (for moves under 100 miles) usually charge by the hour, long-distance movers charge by weight and distance, and international movers charge by volume.
You may also be charged extra fees for additional services that your move requires. Some of these include:
- Disconnecting or reconnecting appliances
- Elevator carries
- Long carries
- Stair carries
- Shuttle service--when goods need to be transferred to a smaller truck because the larger truck cannot fit down your street or park near your home
- Moving specialty items such as a piano
- Packing services--you can pay the movers to pack your things as well
- Packing supplies--unless you purchase your own supplies, the movers may charge you for boxes, tape or furniture pads
- Additional insurance fees
Get Moving Quotes
To begin comparing quotes from reliable and licensed movers for your relocation, simply fill out our fast and easy quote form. You will receive up to seven free, no-obligation estimates from professional moving services near you! Remember to obtain in-house estimates from at least three companies before choosing one for hire!
Was this answer helpful to you? Please leave us a comment!