Answered by Nicole La CapriaJune 26, 2013
Hello, and thank you for visiting Movers.com!
Packing DVDs and video games is simple. You'll need the following materials:
- Stack of clean packing paper or unprinted newsprint
- 2-cubic-foot or "small" cartons
- Roll of packing tape
- Permanent marker
In order to safely pack your treasured games and DVDs, follow these steps to ensure that they remain stationary and do not become damaged during your move.
- Pack video games and DVDs in small (two-cubic-foot) cartons. If you pack them in larger boxes, they will be too heavy to carry and could collapse through the bottom.
- Reinforce the bottom of the box with packing tape to ensure that it can withstand the weight of its contents.
- Stack the video games and DVDs in rows at the bottom of the box, as you would on a shelf. Place a sheet of packing paper over the stacks and begin another row on top.
- Stack extra DVDs and games flat on the top to use up extra space.
- Lie one last sheet of packing paper over the top before sealing the box securely with tape. Mark the box with its contents and destination.
To watch a helpful video on how to pack DVD's, click here!
If you are planning a move, you should always compare quotes from several movers before choosing one for hire. You can begin to search for quotes from professional and reputable moving services in your area right now at Movers.com! Don't forget to stop back and let us know about your experience by writing a moving review!
Was this answer helpful to you? Please leave us a comment!