international shipping and also land transfer to a port for car
Home > Ask Moving Expert > Need International Shipping And Also Land Transfer To A Port For My Car

Need international shipping and also land transfer to a port for my car.

No Photo

Asked by Mo

January 18, 2017 under International Moving

Hi my car is in Plainville, CT. The car is operating fine. I need to ship the car to Jordan Aqaba port. Thanks.

Answered by Michael E Fromm

January 19, 2017

Hello and thank you for visiting!

When shipping your car overseas or internationally there are two primary methods that companies will use;

  • Roll-on and Roll-off Service: The vehicle is directly driven or rolled onto the ship and it is protected by a deck and is usually the most cost-effective process.
  • Container Service: Your vehicle is placed in its own container and rolled onto the ship. This method is the safest.

Whichever method you choose to transport your vehicle, be sure to get quotes from different companies and to ask questions about services they offer, what their insurance covers and what if any other fees there will be when shipping your car. 

Visit for free auto shipping quotes from companies in your area.

4.04.0 (31 Ratings)
Views(1,384) Views

Rate this Question

Similar Questions as Above