One Item Move
Home > Ask Moving Expert > One Item Move

One item move

No Photo

Asked by Gil

April 25, 2013 under Others

I have a large wine cellar cabinet that I need to move from one room to another, and would like a quote.

Answered by Jenna Farmer

May 10, 2013

Thanks for visiting to find an answer to your question!

What type of move do I have?

For one item, your move would be what is considered a “small move,” basically any move that is under a certain weight limit (generally,under 2,000 lbs). Small moves are also moves that do not require a lot of materials from you or the company, and therefore will end up costing you less money in the long run. Here at, you can get a free quote by filling out our simple online form.

Since your item is a wine cellar cabinet and only needs to be moved from one room to another, you may also want to consider hiring a special moving service, a service that deals in moving specialized and out-of-the-ordinary objects like antiques, pianos and motorcycles. These crews are trained to pack your belongings delicately and move your belongings carefully to ensure no damage. You can start finding such services here.

Some tips for hiring your moving service:

Make sure you get at least three estimates before committing to hiring any particular company, not only for the best deal financially, but also to make sure the company you’re considering is reputable. Check back to our guides on moving scams and common mistakes to avoid.

Be sure to plan ahead. Although it is only one item, moving companies still require as much notice as possible to schedule your move accordingly.

Was this information helpful? Please leave us a comment and let us know! And once you are through with your one item move, head back to our review page and tell us about your experience!

4.54.5 (12 Ratings)
Views(1,198) Views

Rate this Question

Similar Questions as Above