Paying taxes on international auto shipping?
Home > Ask Moving Expert > Overland Car Travel To Europe

Overland car | Travel to europe

No Photo

Asked by Leonardo

July 31, 2016 under Others

Im a overland traveler and I ll send my Nissan truck from US to Belgian. I will travel all the Europe with this car. I have to pay tax to import?

Answered by Nicole La Capria

August 1, 2016

Hello, and thank you for visiting!

Most countries will charge you taxes and duties to import a vehicle if it doesn't meet certain conditions. In Belgium, a vehicle may be imported duty-free if it meets safety requirements, has the proper paperwork, and has been in the owner's possession at least six months prior to entry.

However, customs regulations are subject to change. If you have further questions, you should contact the Belgian consulate.

If you need an international auto shipper to transport your vehicle to Belgium, please fill out our simple international moving quote form to get free quotes from overseas movers near you!

4.04.0 (63 Ratings)
Views(1,097) Views

Rate this Question