To add this infographic to your site, please copy the embed code from the box above and paste as desired.
Moving is stressful -- in fact, it ranks only third in the most-stressful life events behind divorce and death in a family -- but does this lead to consequences in your personal relationships?
According to a new study, yes. Moving can damage or ruin a relationship with a significant other.
Strain to relationships
1 in 3 people surveyed (35 percent) admitted that moving caused stress in their relationships.
- 51 percent said moving led to an increase in fighting
- 46 percent of these fights were about where to move
- 42 percent pertained to the reason for the move
- 49 percent reported additional financial strain
- 49 percent claimed their move led to decreased intimacy with their partners
Tossing personal items
Additionally, 1 in 3 people admitted to getting rid of a significant other's prized possessions during a move.
- 34 percent said they donated these items to charities
- 43 percent said they "accidentally" broke the belongings
Top items that didn't make the cut included:
- Photo albums
- Decorative towels
- Old trophies
While hiring professionals won't take all the stress out of a move, it will relieve some of it. To ease potential strain on your relationships, hire movers to take care of all your moving needs. Simply fill out a free quote form to get started!