Learn how to pack your DJ equipment like a pro! It's expensive, fragile and easily damaged if not handled the right way. Mobile DJs often carry their equipment around with them from job to job and city to city, transporting it from one gig to another. Whether they're working a bar on a Friday night, a wedding reception on a Saturday or the club on a Saturday night, they have to travel frequently and so does their equipment.
If you're a DJ who travels a lot for work, lugging your equipment around the constant packing and unpacking, can be difficult and time-consuming. You want to be able to move your equipment as easily as possible without worrying about damaging it, so you need to take important measures to make sure that your equipment is protected during a move.
By following a few tips and key pieces of advice, you can make sure that your DJ equipment is well cared for and kept protected while you travel from place to place.
Always remember to back up your music
When you're a DJ, your music is your most important asset. Your job (literally) revolves around the music you play, so it's of the utmost importance that you protect that music from being lost or damaged. Make sure to always back up your music on one or more alternate devices just in case your equipment is ever damaged and can't be used.
The best way to back up your music and your DJ set is to upload them to the cloud storage. This ensures that your music will be available to you whenever and wherever you need it. So even if you're without your DJ equipment, you'll still be able to rock the party.
Protecting DJ equipment when moving
When you're traveling with your equipment and moving it from place to place, it's important that it's properly protected. Use bags or cases that are specially designed to keep the delicate electronic equipment from being damaged.
There are many resources available to purchase specific cases and bags that are designed especially for DJ equipment, so it's a smart idea to keep your laptop. This includes laptops, DJ speakers, controllers, sound cards, headphones, turntables, and whatever other equipment you have to transport.
Tip: If you're packing multiple pieces of equipment in one bag, make sure that each individual piece of equipment is contained in its own case. This helps to prevent the contents of the bag from damage when it's jostled or moved around during transport.
Packing and moving DJ equipment without damaging it
The easiest way to damage your DJ equipment is to carry it around without any cover or protection. No matter where you're going or how far you're traveling, you should always make sure that your equipment is well protected, or you could be faced with having to repair or replace your expensive devices.
In order to transport your DJ equipment safely, you need to pack each piece of DJ equipment separately. Here's how:
- DJ Speakers : DJ speakers are the most fragile part of the entire gear, so you want to make sure they're extra protected. . To protect them from scratches, simply wrap them in bubble wrap and place them in a moving box.
- DJ Headphones : Don't just throw your headphones in a bag! Wrap them in bubble wrap and placing them in their case to transport them safely.
- DJ Mixer : Pack your mixer in its travel case in order to avoid damage.
- DJ Turntable : The belts on the turntables tend to be fragile and easily damaged, so you should pack the turntables carefully within their travel case.
- DJ cables or wires : Dissemble all the cables and wrap them hand over hand. Then place them in a bag and secure it with packing tape. This will help you keep them organized and out of the way.
Once each individual piece of DJ equipment is packed in its own case, label each case with its contents: laptop, headphones, speakers, and turntables. This will help you keep everything as organized as possible.