Answered by Nicole La CapriaApril 19, 2013
Thank you for visiting Movers.com!
To find reputable mobile home movers in your area, you can start right here at Movers.com! However, before your home rolls off into the sunset, there are a few steps you will have to take to prepare it for transport to ensure that it arrives at its destination safely.
How to Prepare a Mobile Home for Moving
- Get all of your documentation for the home in order.
- Inspect the axles, wheels, and tires.
- Remove any valuable and breakable items from the home's interior, such as televisions, pictures, mirrors, or any hazardous chemicals. Furniture and appliances should also be removed or strapped down. Some mobile home movers will not move your home if there is anything left inside at all, so be sure to inquire about what is expected of you.
- Remove any outer attachments from the home, such as decks, porches, steps, awnings, flower boxes, lights, lanterns.
- Terminate your lot lease and disconnect your utilities--you are often required to give advance notice for this.
Choosing a Mobile Home Mover
Any mobile home mover you consider for hire should be licensed to transport mobile homes. You will also need to acquire adequate insurance coverage for your home. Ask the movers about the extent of their coverage and your options for purchasing additional insurance. If it is not sufficient, you could always purchase a policy through a third-party carrier. You will want to ensure that your home is properly covered in case of any mishap.
Now it's time to get started comparing free quotes from mobile home movers! And don't forget to stop back after your relocation to tell us all about your experience by writing a moving review!
Was this answer helpful to you? Please leave us a comment!