If you're looking for a Pennsylvania Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured PA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Pennsylvania or from PA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Pennsylvania residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Pennsylvania has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Pennsylvania long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or PA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want PA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Pennsylvania movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of PA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Pennsylvania at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Pennsylvania, PA
Bryn Mawr, PA
Camp Hill, PA
East Fallowfield Township
East Liberty, PA
King Of Prussia
Mount Lebanon, PA
New Castle, PA
State College, PA
West Chester, PA
William Penn Annex West
Willow Grove, PA
Find Other Moving Services near Pennsylvania
Moving to Pennsylvania?
Pennsylvania is located in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States and the Great Lakes Region. Some of the states that share their borders with Pennsylvania are Delaware to the southeast, West Virginia to the southwest, Ohio to the west, Maryland to the south, New York to the North, New Jersey to the east. It is the 33rd most extensive, 9th most densely populated and 6th most populous of the 50 United States. The capital of the state is Harrisburg.
Things to Know When Moving to Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has a diverse topography and also features a variety of climates. The majority of the state has a humid continental climate with the exception of the southeastern corner. The Greater Philadelphia area shows characteristics of a Humid Subtropical climate, and this climate also covers much of Delaware and Maryland. The state shares its shoreline along with Lake Erie and 57 miles along the Delaware Estuary.
Towards the mountainous interior of the state, the climate becomes markedly colder. The number of cloudy days in the state increases, and winter snowfall amounts are also greater. The snowfall recorded annually in particularly in cities near Lake Erie is over 100 inches (254cm). An average of 10 tornadoes touchdown each year, and the entire state is also subjected to severe weather from spring through summer into fall. (Helpful Link: Pennsylvania Weather
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Pennsylvania after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 20 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. The price to register your vehicle in Pennsylvania is $36 and the process is similar to the process for titling your car, so both tasks can be completed at the same location at the same time. (Helpful Link: Pennsylvania DMV)
- Obtaining a Pennsylvania Driver’s License: A Pennsylvania Driver’s License can be obtained at any Pennsylvania DMV location. The state requires new Pennsylvania residents to update their license from their previous state to a Pennsylvania driver’s license within 60 days of moving. If you fail to update your driver’s license within this 60-day window, you may have to pay a fine. (Helpful Link: Pennsylvania DMV New Residents Information)
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Pennsylvania is $253,602, while the median sales price is just over $179,900. The Pennsylvania Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Pennsylvania and their member page can be found here.
- Moving and Storage: Here are some of the tips for our readers who would want to choose a moving company or storage for moving into Pennsylvania: Always be aware of policies and practices of the company; Check for references and insurance; Be clear about the services provided by the company and how they are providing it; Be clear about the dates pick up and moving dates; Moving company must be able to provide all carts and dollies. (Helpful Link: Pennsylvania State Moving Resource Page)
- Being one of the largest states in sheer land size, Pennsylvania has a vast education system that is separated amongst hundreds of individual school districts spread out over the state. In addition to a public school system, Pennsylvania also has several world-renowned colleges and universities. The state boasts about 500 public school districts, over 1,000 private schools, publicly funded colleges and universities and over 100 private institutions for higher education. Some of the most well-known colleges in the state include the University of Pennsylvania, which is a member of the Ivy League, Penn State University, Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Pittsburgh, Temple University, Villanova University and St. Joseph’s University. (Helpful Link: Pennsylvania Schools)
As of 2011, Pennsylvania was ranked 27th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 30 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Pennsylvania
The various sectors of economy on which the state of Pennsylvania depends upon are:
- Banking Pennsylvania is also home for first Nationally Chartered Bank in 1863
- Agriculture Pennsylvania ranks 19th overall in agricultural production
- Gambling casino gambling has been legalized in 2004
- Film Pennsylvania film production tax credit began in 2004 and stipulated the development of film industry in the state.
As of 2012, the unemployment rate in Pennsylvania is 7.6%. The civilian labor force in the state of Pennsylvania is composed of over 6 million individuals, 5.7 million of which were gainfully employed as of late 2011. (Helpful Link: Pennsylvania Department of Labor
Average IncomeThe average per capita
income of Pennsylvania ranks it 29th among the 50 states, with its per capita GSP of $39,830.
The Gross State Product (GSP) in 2010 is of $570 billion, which makes the state rank 6th in nation. If the state is taken as an independent country, the economy of the country would rank as 18th largest in the world.
Important Locations in Pennsylvania
|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Pennsylvania.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
What to Ask Your Moving Company |
Don’t forget to ask your moving company some of these questions: How long have they been operating? Ask for references. Ask for their license and insurance information. Ask them about any other charges that your move might incur. What’s important is that you choose a company that you feel comfortable with.
How to Find Piano Movers |
Pianos make a wonderful addition to any home. However, when moving to a new home, transporting these instruments can be a hassle. Since all pianos are large, fragile, and expensive, the best option is to have professionals handle the move rather than doing it yourself. While many moving companies have experience moving pianos, you might feel more comfortable using a company that specializes only in moving the instruments.
Keep Kids and Pets Out of Movers’ ... |
For everyone’s safety, make sure your children and furry friends are occupied and out of the movers’ path.
Compare as many moving companies ... |
Each moving company has different pricing, policies, and capabilities. In order to find a good price for your moving job, you should compare many estimates. Different movers may also have hidden fees that you may need ask about and compare, as well.
Items Not Allowed on a Moving Truck |
Be sure to donate or properly dispose of any unwanted goods, and items you will not be able to transport on a commercial moving truck. Typically, movers will not move dangerous/hazardous items like chemicals or any machinery filled with gasoline, matches, explosives, ammunition aerosol cans, etc. Plants and animals will also need to be moved separately. It is not advised to put any personal documents on the moving truck like social security cards, deeds, stocks, car titles, etc.
|Recent Moving Reviews||