Bait and switch
Bottom line up front: Priceline Logistics LLC is a bait and switch company. Having said that, its my fault – I should have read ALL the reviews and found someone reputable. My story is like so many on here; they quoted me a decent price, upped the price a bit just before the move, then upped it again on the day of the move. I felt sorry for the movers, as they seemed to genuinely feel sorry for how things were going. I booked the move for the third week of July around six weeks prior. I took pictures of everything (98% of my stuff was in storage, the other 2% at the AirBnb I was staying at), and was quoted $6,574, minus tariff discount of $2,524, plus fuel surcharge of $405 and a “binding estimate fee” of $1,521.37, bringing the total to $5,476 (yeah, the math doesn’t work, I’m just reading off the estimate they sent me), of which I paid a down payment of $1,689.37. This was 23 June. On 19 July, Jim Miller, the “Senior Relocation Specialist” called and informed me that the estimate will have to bumped upwards – nothing on paper, just a phone call to inform me I’ll need to pay another $500. I had a hundred things going on at that exact moment, so I okayed it – stupid of me, but I guess I’m the trusting kind of guy. Keeping track? That’s $2,189.37 I’ve paid these people. Now comes moving day. The crew was to meet me at the storage unit, as that was where the majority of my stuff was located. They arrived, and the head mover guy called in to “dispatch”, who informed him to take pictures. Mind you, I already took pictures – Jim Miller told me it was required to move forward with the moving request. The head mover guy did so, then was told to go to the house (my AirBnb) and take pictures there as well. I was a bit ticked off at this point – we’re here now, lets load up the truck! So we went to the house, the head mover guy again took pictures of my few items there (a queen mattress, a bed frame, four small tables, a coffee table, a TV, a futon, four boxes). Then he was told to tell me the price went up another $1800 and is now (this is from memory, as it was not on paper) $7,400ish. All of my stuff in storage, plus what was in the AirBnb went into a ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT prior to putting it in storage and moving into an AirBnb for a few months. I asked for an explanation, mover guy attempted to get them to call. I called them, no answer. I gave them a half an hour, no call. After that, I told the movers to leave, then rented a Penske truck and hired a couple of people to load the truck. A day later, I contacted Priceline and asked them I expect a full refund of the $2,189 they owed me. So far nothing. I don’t feel I am not liable for anything, what do you think? Don’t be fooled by these unscrupulous people. Don’t deal with them, and pass the word to any family and friends that are ready to do a move. If you are military, don’t mess with this company.