If you're looking for a Maryland Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured MD Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Maryland or from MD.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Maryland residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Maryland has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Maryland long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or MD out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want MD full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Maryland movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of MD moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Maryland at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Maryland, MD
Brooklyn Park, MD
Cape Saint Claire
Capitol Heights, MD
College Park, MD
Forest Heights, MD
Fort Washington, MD
Havre De Grace
Middle River, MD
Mount Airy, MD
Mt Washington, MD
North East, MD
Silver Spring, MD
Find Other Moving Services near Maryland
Moving to Maryland?
Maryland, a state just as diverse in landscape and scenery as it is in tradition and culture, is located in the mid-Atlantic region within reach of several major metropolitan areas. The most salient features of Maryland’s topography is the Chesapeake Bay, and on a nice clear day you can see thousands of sailboats and powerboats on the water during a summer weekend.
Maryland is an ecologically diverse state and also supports a lot of wildlife species. The history of the land dates back all the way to 10,000 BC, but the people who gave the state its name did not show until 1632. Maryland has a diverse topography which provides every visitor varieties of recreation from skiing to ocean fishing, and the fact that anywhere in Maryland is a short drive away from the cities of Baltimore, Washington DC and Philadelphia, provides just the right amount of urban influence.
If you’re moving to Maryland, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Maryland
- The average annual temperature in Maryland is 55.1 degrees Fahrenheit. The highest temperatures occur during the month of July and the lowest temperatures occur during the month of January, which is the coldest month. The coastal region of the state near Baltimore tends to be humid during the summer months and temperatures can routinely reach the mid-90s. Since 1871, the highest recorded annual average temperature so far was 59.2 degrees in 1931. The lowest temperature recorded so far is 52.6 degrees in 1904. (Helpful Link: Maryland Weather)
- Registering your Car: To register your vehicle in Maryland, it is necessary to have insurance. You must show proof of insurance when registering your vehicle. The insurance norms in the state of Maryland are different from those that exist in other states. The next step to register your car in Maryland as a new resident would be to prepare for the paperwork and application for the certificate of title and application for the new plates. In addition, you must also have a safety inspection certificate on hand. (Helpful Link: Maryland DMV)
- Obtaining a Maryland Driver’s License: Here are some of the ways in which a person moving from out-of-state can apply for a Maryland driver’s license: The first step is taking a driver’s education course. Prepare yourself for the test and locate a MVA office. Then, make any test day preparations and take the written test. You must also have your car with you, along with the proper insurance, and then you may proceed for the driving test.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Maryland is $395,201, while the median sales price is just over $320,000. The Maryland Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Maryland.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- For the fourth straight year, Maryland’s public education system has received two No. 1 rankings in the nation, one from Education Week and the other from College Board. It is necessary to have a strong state education system; a strong state education is always useful in building a strong state economy. Maryland is a place where one can have a high quality of education. There are a lot of options available for everyone to receive a great education from public and private elementary, middle and high schools, to one of the many great universities in Maryland like the University of Maryland, Towson University, the University of Maryland-Baltimore County, and Johns Hopkins, one of the most prestigious and well-known medical universities in the world. (Helpful Link: Maryland Schools)
As of 2011, Maryland was ranked 42nd out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 45 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Maryland
The top five agricultural products grown in Maryland in terms of revenue generated are broilers, greenhouse and nursery products, dairy products, corn for grain, and soybeans. Livestock products make up the bulk of revenue generated from agriculture and comprise most of Maryland’s farm income. The most important manufactured products in Maryland are computers and electronic products followed by food processing and chemical production. Maryland has many service sectors such as finance, insurance and healthcare and Baltimore is one of the leading financial centers in the eastern United States.
As of early 2012, the state of Maryland had an unemployment rate of 6.6 percent, which is rather low compared to the nationwide rate of 8.2 percent during the same time period. (Helpful Link: Maryland Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Maryland is $55,774, while the average per capita income for the state is $49,070.
Important Locations in Maryland
|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Maryland.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Use Labels, Stickers and Lists |
Using labels, stickers and lists will undoubtedly keep you organized during your move. Color coding each room will make unpacking your moving truck that much easier and quicker. Labeling each box’s contents will make unpacking them smoother and you won’t be opening numerous boxes to find your coffee mugs the day after you move.
Use technology to make your move ... |
Modern technology allows moving to be easier than ever before. Use Movers.com to find reputable moving companies. Find apps that help you pack. Find or sell houses on the internet. Look at customer feedback for all the aspects of moving and real estate that require paying for some sort of service.
Be Wary of Fake Reviews |
If a moving company has all positive reviews that rate their service 5 stars for everything, chances are some of them may be fake. Fake reviews will often be very descriptive (they know every crew member by name), repetitive, too positive or negative, and use uncommon language. Learning how to spot fake reviews will help your search immensely.
International movers should be ... |
The Federal Maritime Commission registers all legal moving companies that ship items overseas. If your international moving company doesn’t have a FMC number, they are operating illegally.
Specialty movers are required to ... |
A typical moving company may not be able to handle moving some items on their own. Either you or the moving company will need to hire specialty movers in order to move large, complex, or fragile items. Either way, you will end up paying for it. These items could include pianos, pets, art, and pool tables.
|Recent Moving Reviews||