If you're looking for a Virginia Moving Company that can provide you with the best moving rates for your Local Move or Long Distance Move, then there is no better place to come than Movers.com! Here you'll find an extensive and constantly growing collection of licensed, insured VA Professional movers that are fully equipped to handle your next move with care, whether you're moving to Virginia or from VA.
At Movers.com, we're aware that finding affordable and reliable Virginia residential movers can be a difficult process and put added stress on your relocation. So we make things easier for you by providing you with some of the best full service movers Virginia has to offer.
Long Distance Moves bring with them a list of challenges that can be stressful for just about anyone, but finding a long distance moving company doesn't have to be one of those challenges. Movers.com takes pride in finding the best affordable Virginia long distance movers and it can be one of the easiest parts of the relocation. Whether it's interstate movers or VA out of state movers you're looking for, or whether you want VA full service moving companies, packing services, or simply furniture movers, you can find whatever you're looking for right here among our directory of Virginia movers.
You'll be sure to find all that and more, as well as an extensive database of VA moving reviews, long distance movers, and local movers of Virginia at your disposal.
Find Moving Companies from Top cities in Virginia, VA
Bon Air, VA
Colonial Heights, VA
Forest Hill, VA
Fort Lee, VA
Glen Allen, VA
Great Falls, VA
Locust Grove, VA
North Springfield, VA
West End, VA
Find Other Moving Services near Virginia
Moving to Virginia?
One of the original 13 American colonies and commonly referred to as the “Old Dominion,” Virginia is a state rich with diverse landscapes and a wealth of history and tradition. Located in the mid-to-southern Atlantic region bordering Delaware and West Virginia to the south and North Carolina to the north, the state’s official name is the Commonwealth of Virginia and is the birthplace of eight former U.S. presidents, which is the most of any state.
Sandwiched between the Blue Ridge Mountains in the western portion of the state and the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean in the eastern portion of the state, Virginia has landscapes that range from beautiful mountain valleys to bustling coastal towns and major cities like Richmond and Alexandria.
If you’re moving to Illinois, there are a lot of things you’re going to need to know. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Things to Know When Moving to Virginia
- Virginia’s vastly differentiating landscapes offer seasonal changes that vary from region to region in regards to average temperatures. In the northwestern portion of the state, the winters tend to be quite cold with average temperatures reaching as low as 26 degrees Fahrenheit and many snowstorms common to the region. In the summer, the southern and eastern portions of the state tend to be very hot and humid with average temperatures regularly reaching the high-80s to low-90s. The Beltway area around Baltimore and Washington D.C. near the northeastern part of the state gets especially humid during the summer months and can often be the site of many thunderstorms. (Helpful Link: Virginia Weather)
- Registering your Car: Upon your arrival in Virginia after moving to the state permanently, you have a total of 30 days to update your registration and have your vehicle registered in the state before you may be required to pay a penalty. The state law in Virginia also requires you to title the car in Virginia prior to having it registered. When this process is completed, you will receive new Virginia license plates for your car. (Helpful Link: Virginia DMV)
- Obtaining a Virginia Driver’s License: A Virginia Driver’s License can be obtained at any Virginia DMV location. The state requires new Virginia residents aged 19 or older (unless you are a member of the military or a student) to update their license from their previous state to a Virginia driver’s license within 60 days of moving. If you fail to update your driver’s license within this 60-day window, you may have to pay a fine.
- Real Estate: The average listing price for homes in Illinois is $352,845, while the median sales price is just over $329,900. The Virginia Association of Realtors is the official real estate resource for the state of Virginia.
- Moving and Storage: If you are looking for a moving company or storage facility to help you with anything, you should check to make sure the company is registered with the United States Department of Transportation or with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Everything you need to know about moving to the Commonwealth of Virginia can be found at the following link. (Helpful Link: Virginia State Moving Resource Page)
- Virginia schools consistently rank very highly among the nation’s school systems. The United States Department of Education’s National Assessment of Educational Progress ranks the Virginia school system in the top 10 of all states. In the Commonwealth of Virginia schools are typically run by the individual towns and counties that they are a part of, and not by the state as a whole, which is different from how most states operate their school systems. Virginia high schools have a high graduation rate and many students stay in-state to attend one of the many great universities in Virginia such as the University of Virginia, The College of William & Mary, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond University, James Madison University and George Mason University, among many others. (Helpful Link: Virginia Schools)
As of 2011, Virginia was ranked 7th out of 50 states in violent crime, with a total of less than 10 violent crimes for every 100,000 people in the state.
Economy of Virginia
There are a number of diverse industries in Virginia and thus many different sources of income for the state’s economy. In one area, there is employment to be found in various government and military sectors, being that both Army and Navy bases are located in Virginia, as well as the headquarters of the CIA and the FBI. Also, Virginia is a leader in technology, being one of the top exporters of computer chips in the nation.
As of early 2012, the state of Virginia had a relatively low unemployment rate of 5.7 percent, compared to other states with much higher unemployment rates. In the state of Virginia, the civilian labor force is comprised of over 3.6 million citizens, 3.3 million of which are currently gainfully employed and a little less than 300,000 who are unemployed. (Helpful Link: Virginia Department of Labor
The median household income in the state of Virginia is $61,406, while the average per capita income for the state is $32,145.
Important Locations in Virginia
|How It Works |
|Fill out the easy-to-use quote form located at the top of the page with the necessary information and submit it to receive your free moving quotes.|
|You'll be instantly connected with a list of licensed and insured professional moving companies that can service your move to or from Virginia.|
|Compare the multiple free moving estimates you receive to find the best rate and the best fit for you.|
|Learn helpful tips and tricks to prepare for your move by reading our extensive collection of moving guides and watching our educational moving videos.|
||Moving Tips & Guides|
Always Get Insurance |
The default compensation movers provide for damaged goods is 60 cents per pound per article – otherwise known as Released Value protection. It’s always a good idea to purchase extra insurance to ensure that your items are fully covered against damage. Full Value Protection holds the movers liable for replacing the broken or lost item with something similar, repairing the item or compensating you with its full cash value.
Phone Estimate vs. In-House ... |
When you set out into the wide world of moving companies competing for your business, you’re most likely going to come across more than one who stands out among all the rest. Making tough decisions is an integral part of the moving process, and one of those decisions that you’ll have to make along the way is choosing a moving company. In the process of choosing a moving company you will be comparing estimates from several movers and you may receive those estimates one of two ways: over the phone
The Meaning of US DOT Numbers |
US DOT numbers are an important piece of information that will let you in on a moving company’s prior history and let you know where the company is legally allowed to operate, as well as if they company is legitimate and reputable. These numbers are important and can help you in your decision of whether or not to hire a moving company.
Tips for Moving to a City |
Living in a big city can be overwhelming, and moving to one can be downright stressful, especially if you have never experienced all of the sights, sounds, and smells that a big city has to offer on a daily basis. If you know a little bit of what to expect before you move though, it won't be so bad. Preparing yourself for adjusting to big city life and putting yourself in an urban state of mind will help you to become accustomed to the changes when you move.
Understanding the Roles of Your ... |
Every individual involved with a move has a specific role to play; whether you are the one making the move, or an employee of the moving company or a truck company that was hired to help. There are different responsibilities assigned to each member of a team of movers.
|Recent Moving Reviews||