Answered by Staff WriterNovember 13, 2019
If you're wondering how your vehicle is being shipped during auto transport, then it's better to know what type of trailers will be used to ship your car. Generally, you'll find open-air and enclosed car carriers to transport your car. However, there are various types of open and enclosed trailers which are used for short and long distances. Decide which method is best for your vehicle that suits your budget and meets your needs.
Open-air car carrier
Usually, many customers prefer to use an open-air carrier because it is both safe and relatively affordable. These auto transport carriers are available in the following categories:
- Single level single car carrier truck used for short distance
- Single level multi car carrier used to transport several cars especially, heavy vehicles.
- Two level multi car carrier used for long distance
Enclosed car carrier:
If you're looking for a safe and reliable auto transport, then no look further; you can ship your car in an enclosed car carrier. You can use the following types of enclosed trucks to transport your vehicle.
- Single level single car ships high end vehicles for short distances.
- Single level multi car usually ships only two cars at a time.
- Multi-level multi car ships multiple luxury cars at a time.
Read our guide open vs. enclosed car carrier to get more information.