Buying corner protectors for a move
Home > Ask Moving Expert > Where Do I Buy Corner Protectors For Entry Hallway Arch

Where do I buy corner protectors for entry hallway arch?

No Photo

Asked by E

February 17, 2014 under Others

Need to protect corners of a small hallway - probably up to 8 high?

Answered by Jenna Farmer

February 18, 2014

Hi, thanks so much for visiting to find an answer to your question about corner protectors.

Uses for corner protectors 

Generally, corner protectors are used for a few different items during a move. Some uses include:

  • Foam corner protectors for the inside of moving boxes to protect electronics 
  • Cardboard protectors for artwork, picture frames, mirrors, or other items with sharp edges/corners
  • Plastic corner protectors to provide a layer between the edge of the cargo and the strap that secures it to the vehicle
To protect your walls
You may be able to try affixing some cardboard or plastic corner protectors (longer ones) to the edges of the archway, but this isn't the only way you protect your walls. Ideally, you would want to make sure anything that is passing through your small hallway is padded and protected, so both the item and the wall will remain damage-free.  
Protecting your carpets, floors and walls is a serious business, so you want to make sure you do it correctly. Make sure you have plenty of packing materials and moving blankets before you begin the process.
Where to find corner protectors
If you have hired a full service moving company, you can ask them if they provide edge protectors. Most of the time, there will be an extra fee involved with any additional packing materials besides moving blankets. Be sure to ask about that, too.  
If you're interested in purchasing some yourself, you can usually find them at your local hardware store (online or in the store), or even office supply store (such as Staples). Many online shipping supply retailers will have what you're looking for as well. 
Thanks again for visiting!
4.44.4 (13 Ratings)
Views(711) Views

Rate this Question

Similar Questions as Above